Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

VLM will change the way you clean

+13
Joe Bristor
Andy Mc
Pete@TCC
kevinj6121
carpetdaddy
Larry Henson
Davey Cracker
milspec6
Ryan S
Mo
OneBlueSummer
CleanTech
Cannon100
17 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

VLM will change the way you clean Empty VLM will change the way you clean

Post by Cannon100 Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:16 am

I have been practicing VLM cleaning and as I am getting better at it I must say it is way better then what I gave it credit.

I did not think this was a good way of cleaning like everyone else who has not tried it for them self, I was on the ban wagon Steam Clean or no Clean boy was I wrong!

VLM is a great way of cleaning, I have been getting some amazing results.

No need to always pull out the hoses.

If some of you hard core Steam Cleaners have never gave it a try do so, It will change the way you clean.

And I am getting these results with a 175 machine, Now I am looking to get the Low Boy OP machine.

Cannon100

http://www.cannoncarpetcleaning.com

Back to top Go down

VLM will change the way you clean Empty Re: VLM will change the way you clean

Post by CleanTech Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:01 pm

yup I went truckmount less for 3 years of my business .....

then got another one and not looking back

its just another tool in the tool box we should all have
CleanTech
CleanTech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:40 pm

[center]but... but!! you dont remove any soil!  Rolling Eyes Blaspheme!
Dont forget just trying out new pads and trying out wet vs dry pads can turn you into a LM Jedi sooner than you once thunk!
Here is one I just did!
lol nevermind i am banned from uploading videos affraid Someone give me permission!scratch 
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CleanTech Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:45 pm

use the youtube icon in the chat feature Charlie Smile
CleanTech
CleanTech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:14 pm

Heck yeah it does a good job.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:56 pm

Woe!!! Good call Dr Dustin!
Ok heres the video dudes!
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:54 pm

Video contest is starting early this. That one might win the before and after contest too. Looks great King master of disaster.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:51 pm

Yeah that was some nice before and after. What did you use? Equipment and chems?
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cannon100 Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:38 pm

Very nice work

Cannon100

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:31 pm

I admit to being little slow, but I have to ask. Great before and after footage, but did the vacuum cleaner make all those tool marks? It looks like wand marks to me, which is fine, but the topic was VLM cleaning.

I love seeing footage of quality work, regardless of what method or tools are used, but I would like to see the process as well. Let's see the tools and skills in action so that all can learn from it. After-all, you don't get to the finish line without sweating first.

I can show some good before/after photos, but believe me, I am slower and far more clumsy than most cleaners you will ever find so showing the work might be more educational in the end. At least it would show how not to do the job as much as proving that getting good results are still possible.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

VLM will change the way you clean Empty Thanks Dudes!

Post by OneBlueSummer Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:06 pm

1. Pre sprayed with Joe’s inline sprayer @ 500psi with SOE, Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Percarbonate, and http://www.walmart.com/ip/OUT-Stain-and-Odor-Remover-64-oz-Dogs-Dogs/14149348 .

2. Run over everything with my 175 and white and green astroturf pads (synthetic). This will break all stains and do some absorption.

3. Run over with 100% cotton spaghetti bonnets that have been run under hot tap water. This will swish the remaining contaminates out of the fibers and do a lot of absorption, while rinsing too.

4. Run over with dry thin bonnet pro cotton or dry spaghetti loop cotton. Aids in absorption and lifts everything that’s left.

5. Post vac with http://www.bissell.com/powerforce-helix-bagless-vacuum/ for groom and extraction.
I did pre vac too…
bounce 
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:25 pm

I guess I'm lost too!,,nothing new lol

So you're prespraying at 500 psi for VLM Encap cleaning? If so, what sprayer tip are you using?!

Sorry, but now it even sounds more like HWE cleaning, than VLM cleaning.

I must be missing something!??
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:34 pm

In this situation it would have taken me 20 minutes to prepay with a pump up. So I used my inline spray which was designed for hwe.
Low moisture is just means your spraying at lower psi which might be fine for non trashed jobs.
But when they are wasted you gotta get them wet so u can swoosh and get the crap bong water and pee out. Very Happy 
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:26 pm

Every time I read about VLM I want to by a 175 amd some bonnets. What size 175 do you run? Do you have a CRB too? Do you use the CRB in your system? Just courteous? If you PS at 500 you have a TM? Why not just HWE?
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:43 pm

Ryan S wrote:Every time I read about VLM I want to by a 175 amd some bonnets. What size 175 do you run? Do you have a CRB too?  Do you use the CRB in your system?  Just courteous?  If you PS at 500 you have a TM?  Why not just HWE?  
No crb.. I have a Rotary Extractor and a modified power brush thats almost done ( I will keep you all posted about that ).

Idea Instead of a crb just get my above described vacuum (or any vacuum) and disconnect the vacuum hose (so it doesn't suck up anything ) and run it as you would a crb, after you pre spray of course, and thats all the scrubbing you should need.

MyT makes the best 175 for many reasons. 17" 1.5hp.

OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:57 pm

Ryan S wrote: Why not just HWE?  
Many reasons..
1. I love seeing what I can do w/ LM.
2. zero wick backs.
3. faster dry.
4. I am more comfortable with LM.
5. costs less to run.
6. I usually get better results with LM.
7. I am fast as pirat with LM
8. I dont sweat as much.
9. I dont have to drive around with bong/piss water in my van, which also saves on gas because of weight. I suppose I could dump in the toilet at the place I am cleaning but.. then thats just one more thing I have to do and by that time I would rather be using LM.
10. It makes me laugh at how simple it is compared to HWE.
11. I get better results then anyone I have heard of.
12. I also have less reappearing odor problems, reason being a lot because of the encapsulation is acting as a sealer and because of less water is used and not creating a mold pool.
13. Its fun.
VLM will change the way you clean Forrest_gump_all_i_have_to_say
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:03 pm

Pretty simple. Makes since too. I need to get a 175 and some rags. Sounds fun.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Henson Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:16 am

If you are adding Sodium Percarbonate isn't this leaving soda ash residue if you don't flush with water ?
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.absolutelykleener.com

Back to top Go down

Post by carpetdaddy Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:26 am

Great looking results. I have used similar process on very rare occasions usually as a quick touch-up between regular cleaning and 50% of the time on a commercial wedding reception hall account that we do monthly. It is easier, less expensive, and quicker. However, it is just a surface cleaning and you are leaving a lot of soil in the base of the carpet. The only way I would be comfortable using it on a regular basis is if we explained & offered it to the customers as a reduced price option (which people renting apartments/house might opt for the lower price option). Or, as part of an overall regular interval ongoing maintenance program. It is a great tool to have in your arsenal.
carpetdaddy
carpetdaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.CarpetDaddys.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:19 pm

Larry Henson wrote:If you are adding Sodium Percarbonate isn't this leaving soda ash residue if you don't flush with water ?
Soda ash is biodegradable, safe, and will aid in prolonged deodorization and will not leave a sticky residue. Even though most is removed because of the pads and the post vac. Soda ash is also light n fluffy and not going to leave any unwanted residue.
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:01 pm

carpetdaddy wrote:Great looking results. I have used similar process on very rare occasions usually as a quick touch-up between regular cleaning and 50% of the time on a commercial wedding reception hall account that we do monthly. It is easier, less expensive, and quicker. However, it is just a surface cleaning and you are leaving a lot of soil in the base of the carpet. The only way I would be comfortable using it on a regular basis is if we explained & offered it to the customers as a reduced price option (which people renting apartments/house might opt for the lower price option). Or, as part of an overall regular interval ongoing maintenance program. It is a great tool to have in your arsenal.
Straight outta carpet cleaning school...

1. The whole fibers and the base of the carpet are cleaned with my method.
2. HWE also leaves soil and residue at the base of the carpet, and on the carpet fibers.
3. Just like HWE there are ways to get more out the base and ways to just surface clean.

If you were using a light machine with un ribbed, synthetic, pads (OP) pads then I can understand the fight. But the second you start using ribbed pads with 100% cotton, with a heavy machine, your eyes will explode ( affraid ) with disbelief as you are blown away with the difference. Every misconception is proved wrong with the EXACT method I described above. Just the same as HWEing with 100 psi and a 1 jet wand is only cleaning the surface of the carpet, a light 175 with synthetic pads is doing almost as bad a job.

Remember " steam cleaning " has a huge amount of variables to get great results, just as VLM has a huge amount of variable's to get great results. Fact, most vlm, and steam cleaners, are horrible at cleaning carpet and make both systems look unsuperior to the other with the wrong operator behind the machine's.

VLM will change the way you clean Vlm11
VLM will change the way you clean 20130610
VLM will change the way you clean 20130710
VLM will change the way you clean 20130810
VLM will change the way you clean 20131010
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by carpetdaddy Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:12 am

Charlie, your passion is admirable, and I agree 100% with you that you can make a carpet look great with that process - that's basically the original Chem-Dry process which put them on the map. However from my experience and perspective (cleaning East Coast beach towns daily), I respectfully disagree with you that the process you described is as effective as HWE when it comes to removing heavier debris. It is impossible to remove anywhere as much dirt, debris, salt, and sand from the carpet if you are not using the proper amount of agitation (to loosen), solution (to flush and suspend), and vac power (to remove). Even after a carpet has been pre-vacuumed we are extracting anywhere from .5 to as much as 3 pounds of salt and sand on a typical four or five room job.
carpetdaddy
carpetdaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.CarpetDaddys.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:25 pm

Interesting discussion and I support the Mytee 175, it is a very well balanced machine.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:49 pm

carpetdaddy wrote:Charlie, your passion is admirable, and I agree 100% with you that you can make a carpet look great with that process - that's basically the original Chem-Dry process which put them on the map. However from my experience and perspective (cleaning East Coast beach towns daily), I respectfully disagree with you that the process you described is as effective as HWE when it comes to removing heavier debris. It is impossible to remove anywhere as much dirt, debris, salt, and sand from the carpet if you are not using the proper amount of agitation (to loosen), solution (to flush and suspend), and vac power (to remove). Even after a carpet has been pre-vacuumed we are extracting anywhere from .5 to as much as 3 pounds of salt and sand on a typical four or five room job.
Makes sense, I will agree that HWE definitely has its advantages. I guess I just want it to be known that it is possible to get sometimes better and sometimes not as good but darn close results. I actually really enjoy both methods especially using a HWE w/ rotarty extractor. I just really like knowing there are ways to get amazing results without busting out both methods.. though sometimes using both methods will bring out that last pop when you want to really show em what ya can do. It's also good for turning folks into cheerleaders.Cool 

I will say 2 major game changers that (Chim dri never used) for LM cleaning for me was
1. Bonnet Pro's 100% ribbed cotton, thin pads. They really do get you down at the base of the stem and always impress me.
2. Post Vacing with an adjustable level vac, set to "bare floor". This is where that sand you are talking about loves to really surface. Always blows my mind how much sandy sludge is sucked/brushed out. Ends up looking kinda like an inline filter sock from HWE filter's... but usually way more sludge while using an upright vac is pulled out.
Another note is that because you have already gone through the whole LM process by the time the post vac happens there is usually 2-3 times the amount of debris removed in the post vac vs the pre vac.
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cannon100 Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:00 pm

Ryan S wrote:Every time I read about VLM I want to by a 175 amd some bonnets. What size 175 do you run? Do you have a CRB too?  Do you use the CRB in your system?  Just courteous?  If you PS at 500 you have a TM?  Why not just HWE?  
Buy yourself a 175 used or new their pretty cheap trust me you will be glad you did, It took years for me to give it a try now I can kick myself in the ass for not doing it a lot sooner, you don't need a CRB the have all kinds of different brushes you can get for the 175, that being said the CBR would go great with the 175 combo you will have carpets looking amazing, Man I am telling you do it you will fall in love with it

Cannon100

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next