Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Change, Really?

2 posters

Go down

Change, Really? Empty Change, Really?

Post by milspec6 Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:45 pm

I cleaned a home's living room furniture today, some really nice bamboo fabric actually.  Cleans like a cotton with all the negatives that go along with that except that it handles moisture a little better.

I gave the customer the price prior to the job being booked a few days ago and she was happy with it.  A new puppy decided to urinate on the side of the sectional so that was the reason for the call.  I wish I would have gone back to the truck for my phone, but I was already sweating my butt off on this one and just focused on getting it done.  I thought it was a khaki when I started, but was actually a creme color originally and now again as well.

Customer was thrilled at the results and then went to pay me with cash, except she only had $100 bills and needed change.  Why would anyone expect a carpet cleaner to carry change...let alone $50 in change?

I inspected the bills and ran a detector pen over them, they were real.  She told me that she just cashed her paycheck and they gave it to her in $100's.  I didn't think anyone still did that sort of thing.  Nice neighborhood, home worth about $200,000....just weird.

Luckily, I did have the $50 on me, but about $12 of it was in singles and a few coins from the ashtray.  I took it directly to the bank who confirmed that they were legit and deposited it into my account.

Just so strange, so now I have to start carrying change too?  Maybe I can get one of those old coin dispensing belts? Razz
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Change, Really? Empty Re: Change, Really?

Post by dp1 Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:11 am

Lol, I always carry different denomination bills for that very reason, except for when I forgot to empty my pockets when I switch pants, that’s usually when most customers decided to pay by cash Mad
I’m surprised you used detector pens, I have them in my vans but never really used them and never had any issues that I know of, I usually just spend the cash instead of depositing them, that’s probably why I never had issues with them, lol.
Bamboo fabric ? Is that sunbrella type ? Sunbrella don’t look and clean like cotton though, I’m not sure I ever see and clean one ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:42 pm

It was some custom made furniture that she brought up from Florida. I couldn't find a tag on it, but she told me that it was mostly bamboo and cotton.

It had deep rows like a commercial carpet with contrasting colors of creme and beige. I have never seen one before, but it was pretty sharp. The bamboo was very easy, but the cotton in the troughs were tricky as your tool can't lock onto the fabric to remove wetting very well.

I ended up hwe at 100 psi followed by buffing with the cyclo polisher and bonnets to help remove the moisture and air movers to dry. Turned out really nice, I was as impressed as the customer....maybe even more so.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down