Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Cheap Water Box for TM

4 posters

Go down

Cheap Water Box for TM Empty Cheap Water Box for TM

Post by ACpower1 Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:34 pm

Made this cheap water box today. Took a little less than 1hr, works great

Cheap Water Box for TM IMG_1398_zps9249733b

Cheap Water Box for TM IMG_1399_zps775ffd90

- 2 banjo fittings, 3/8 id
- 2 3/8 QDs open style
- 1 Float valve from grainger
- 1 female garden hose x 1/2in brass
- 1 1/2in x 3/8in coupler

This is for our Techno Viking which will be hitting the road again hopefully this week. Cleaned out the #3 LG, Rebuilt the pump with new cam bearings and new pump head seals/valves

Just got the lil better hoses from Joe plus scheiffer skinny, VT14, and RC99

Second van running for the first time, this one will be for carpets and upholstery/ mattresses... big van for carpets, hard surfaces, air ducts, and pressure washing

Ill post pics up of the express when its all set up with the techno back in and water box.

ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Cheap Water Box for TM Empty Re: Cheap Water Box for TM

Post by milspec6 Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:51 pm

You are definitely all fired up these days, lots of passion....I like it! bounce cheers 
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:17 pm

thanks Mil, right now were both working in 1 van.. so were going to spread out which will slow jobs down a bit but well be able to handle a little more volume overall.

Mostly will shorten the days and give time on each job for some add on services like tile. right now the days are so packed we cant even think about offering extra services, also hard to keep up on maintenance getting off so late.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:34 pm

Just throwing this out there, but if you are running that second van, you might want to consider doing what many are these days (Saiger, Dp, etc) and run both vans to the same job while adding a helper.

That should make the jobs go faster, less physical stress, and the ability to work on multiple services at the same time.

Once I get back to running the second van, I plan to give it go like that. It makes a lot of sense to me and only adds one additional employee.

Either way, give 'em hell out there! bounce 
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:17 pm

It is a good idea, Ive thought about it and will definitely try it on some jobs to see how it goes.

Our coverage area is kinda big so hoping that spreading out is going to make things faster, our biggest issue is traffic. Most all carpet jobs are right about 2hrs, that could drop to 1hr or less with multiple vans on same job

I like the idea of running a vac unit (cfx) and 2 lines coming from TM, tried it before on upholstery and it seemed to work really well. CFX hits about 300cfm so its great for upstairs areas with about 60-75ft attached, then if your running high temps the dry times work out well.

Seattle is increasing population by 30% in the next 6 years, and surrounding cities are too as much as 45%

Its really silly because our freeways just cant handle it, the whole city if you look at a map is layed out like a bottle neck anywhere you go.

ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:02 pm

Man, traffic is a killer. Working in San Diego and up towards Laguna a hundred years ago (at least it feels that way), I experienced lots of time sitting in traffic. Two hours seems like a very unacceptable number to be on the road instead of cleaning.

If the area is growing that fast, maybe you should look into relocating to the burbs and getting those 2 hours back while operating with far less competition? Not right away, but down the road.

Let's see, 2 hours saved x 5 days per week x 4 weeks per month = a full 40 hour week not cleaning. Go to the burbs and get a week off every month...or something like that. scratch drunken 
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:26 am

Actually I don't run like that, I always put 2 guys in the main van, whether it's my employee with myself or my part timer or a family member that's helping out and I'll get out on busy days by myself and work solo, can't do much jobs myself since I still have to pick the phone calls up and schedule jobs while working ( don't ask me how Razz ) but I can still handle 3 medium size jobs by myself and the main van can do about 5 jobs, I will go to the further areas to minimize the labor costs of sitting down in traffic, by doing that way I also can return missed calls and schedule customers while going through traffic going to the next job.
I'm thinking to hire someone part time to pick up the phone and schedule customers, but as a worryholic, I'm worried that he / she is going to mess up in the learning process and not trying their best to get the customer scheduled, still thinking about this and looking for the best candidate  scratch 
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:15 am

dp1 wrote:Actually I don't run like that, I always put 2 guys in the main van, whether it's my employee with myself or my part timer or a family member that's helping out and I'll get out on busy days by myself and work solo, can't do much jobs myself since I still have to pick the phone calls up and schedule jobs while working ( don't ask me how Razz ) but I can still handle 3 medium size jobs by myself and the main van can do about 5 jobs, I will go to the further areas to minimize the labor costs of sitting down in traffic, by doing that way I also can return missed calls and schedule customers while going through traffic going to the next job.
I'm thinking to hire someone part time to pick up the phone and schedule customers, but as a worryholic, I'm worried that he / she is going to mess up in the learning process and not trying their best to get the customer scheduled, still thinking about this and looking for the best candidate  scratch 

Sorry, got that one wrong...knew you split up 2+1, but didn't get the details correct.

Sounds like the best one to answer the phones and schedule customers is actually you. Maybe you just need to hire another tech to run your van instead? Arrow Question 
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:56 am

we usually spend 1-2hrs in traffic total per day and thats servicing all the good suburban areas.

In this area there are lots of suburbs close to seattle, 25miles or less. Beyond that is farm country and it gets really spread out.

Its basically a bunch of people packed in between water and mountains, then all farm country.

We really dont do many jobs in seattle city limits, a few/week. Most of the work is on the eastside

Bellevue, Sammamish, Kirkland, Redmond, Medina etc
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:43 am

ACpower1 wrote:we usually spend 1-2hrs in traffic total per day and thats servicing all the good suburban areas.  

In this area there are lots of suburbs close to seattle,   25miles or less.     Beyond that is farm country and it gets really spread out.    

Its basically a bunch of people packed in between water and mountains,    then all farm country.

We really dont do many jobs in seattle city limits,    a few/week.     Most of the work is on the eastside

Bellevue,  Sammamish,  Kirkland,  Redmond,  Medina  etc

Sounds like my area, minus the good scenery. Sad 

I am about 45 miles from Omaha (Nebraska's largest city), but try to stay outside of it and service the smaller towns located less than 20 miles away from home....about 60k people scattered over 5 towns. I can normally keep my drive down to about 40 minutes round-trip daily.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:37 pm

So AC the electric pump on the Nordic needs a water box? Is it pulsating and cavitating?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:44 pm

its a pump tech 205v,     always have used a water tank in the past but space is limited in this van, smaller express, and seattle water is already soft water so just retiring the 70 gal tank for now. Save some gas, this express isnt really a cargo van so the heavy tank isnt good for the brakes etc.     

The pump just needs gravity fed water and a return line back to the water box or tank
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down