Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

How much would you charge to clean...

+3
dp1
Freemind1
Cjcann
7 posters

Go down

How much would you charge to clean... Empty How much would you charge to clean...

Post by Cjcann Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:02 am

An Ebola infested apartment. News shows guys in Yellow Hazmat suits called the Cleaning Crew got that job in Dallas. If Millspec got north of $20,000 for a meth cleanup, what do you think the cleaning guys billed this one out at. I would venture to guess $100,000 plus, and pretty hefty bonuses if you want to retain your employees. I would have loved to been a fly on the wall when the boss informed his crew of the nature of their next cleanup. If this situation gets out of hand, Carpet cleaners better put policys in place to interview customers as to why they are cleaning. Sounds paranoid, but then again I did ask them to throw in a box of surgical masks with my disposable bootie order at he local med supply house, just in case.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

How much would you charge to clean... Empty Re: How much would you charge to clean...

Post by Freemind1 Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:23 am

I don't think the paranoia (at least some) is out of line.

This virus should never have hit our shores, and nor WOULD HAVE IT, had the proper regulations and emergency orders, been in place. This will turn into a HUGE cluster before this is all done.

I'm not convinced that Ebola is only passed by fluids and/or close proximity to people that have it (that sneeze/cough). Flu is a virus too, and it spreads like wildfire, and also evolves.

I would not even CONSIDER doing any type of cleaning/clean up in these circumstances. The risks far outweigh the rewards. Period.

Even with a pre-interview, you still are risking it that people will lie about it, or unknowingly have had contact with a carrier of Ebola. This crap is a SERIOUS situation. I honestly don't think surgical masks are a good enough barrier to prevent an infection of this virus. A false sense of comfort, IMO.

Half the people over there have DIED from this virus. Maybe we have "better and more advanced" medical practices here, but there is ALOT of support over there, from our country (and others) so it's not like they are using witch medicine practices over there.

Everyone should be very unnerved about Ebola being on our shores, and even more so, that it was allowed to get here.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

How much would you charge to clean... Empty Re: How much would you charge to clean...

Post by dp1 Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:18 am

LOL, I told my 10 years old daughter about this thread and asked her what if we were contracted for $ 100,000 ? She said I would tell you don't do it ! Razz

I guess I love challenges more than the average cleaners, with the right hazmat suits and masks and following procedure meticulously and for $ 100,000 I would seriously considering it, give 5 % bonus to each employee that's willing to tackle the work and get it done in a week.

And regarding the virus spread in the US, why worry ? If it's your destiny to catch the virus, you would catch it no matter how careful you are, even if the US ban all travel to and from Africa, they can still travel to Asia or Europe then enter the US, it's nearly impossible to contain the virus via travel banning, unless the ban is to close ALL travel which will kill the world's economy including the US.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:25 am

This isn't the first time Ebola has broken out in that country.

But it IS the first time everyone has sat on their hands and let it spread everywhere. What you are saying is the equivalent of saying:
"I let me kid run out onto the busy street. No need to stop them. IF it is their destiny to be hit by a car, nothing I can do about it."

Bringing Ebola into the country is and was preventable, just like teaching kids to stay out of the street. Destiny has nothing to do with it.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:02 am

So what kind of cleaning/sanitizing procedures do you think would be needed?
And how would you do post cleaning QC?
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:43 am

Freemind1 wrote:This isn't the first time Ebola has broken out in that country.

But it IS the first time everyone has sat on their hands and let it spread everywhere. What you are saying is the equivalent of saying:
"I let me kid run out onto the busy street. No need to stop them. IF it is their destiny to be hit by a car, nothing I can do about it."

Bringing Ebola into the country is and was preventable, just like teaching kids to stay out of the street. Destiny has nothing to do with it.

Well James we definitely disagree on this one, there's a HUGE difference between destiny and stupidity, lol, here's the difference, to let your kids run to a busy street IS stupidity, destiny is something you can't prevent, every day you're cleaning carpets and upholstery, this is a risky job, you never know what you're cleaning, people lie all the time, if it's your destiny to catch a disease from cleaning, then that's your destiny and no one can stop that, only God can, that's why I live my life preventing what I can prevent and let God deal with the rest including my destiny.
To blame the government for not doing enough for ONE infected person is absurd. They're tracing everyone and everything in contact with this dude and cleaning everything out now, I think they're doing what they're supposed to be doing imo.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:52 am

watch the vice news episode about it.

It was months back, they went over there and interviewed a whole bunch of locals.... guess what they all said.

"they are spreading it, not trying to control it"

also about a month back a group of militants attacked a treatment center and stole all the infected blankets plus other items that were infected with the virus.

keep your eyes open you guys ISIS is already right here, that guy in oklahoma is being down played big time he was ISIS for sure. very likely they will attempt to spread the virus in the US
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:30 pm

Population control ? Government conspiracy ? Oh well, I'm just a carpet cleaner Very Happy
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:38 pm

You're right DP, we definitely see this differently.
This could have been prevented, I know that as true. No question in my mind.

The CDC has bungled this from the start. Even though we knew far in advance, that Ebola was spreading and killing thousands of people.

Over 300 million people in this country have been put at risk. Needlessly, by the way.

While I too believe in God, you only need to look at Job to understand. Even Jesus said, if you do not have a sword, sell your cloak so you may buy one.

We have our own due diligence, to protect ourselves. It isn't the job of Him to swat every fly, nor provide you every piece of bread.

So to say we could have not prevented this, by banning exit from Africa, and making people go through testing and quarantine before they could even THINK about leaving, is a bit fairytale-ish. Their economy matters not to me. You can't inject money in your body to live.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:27 pm

A job like that has to have an approved remediation plan by the local Health Department and the CDC. That plan will be evaluated and applied with extremely strict controls. Actually surprised the CDC didn't handle the remediation themselves instead of hiring a contractor. scratch

If it was my company, I would have sent the primary clean-up team in Level A suits (Kapplers) with an established air lock covering that entire building. It is actually over-kill, but the world would be watching and you want to be absolutely certain of your controls.

Once the contents were removed and sealed in barrels, the CDC would have to test and clear the apartment prior to tearing the tent down. The disposal fee and transportation costs would be pretty high...still, looking at mid-6 figure income at least.

I have no idea who is going to want to live in that building with all the hype over this infection, but it should be clean and safe.

Trust me guys, there is no reason to panic over Ebola. We will have 1,000's die this winter from the flu compared to maybe a dozen from any Ebola spread. I am not certain, but I don't remember hearing of too many mutations associated with Ebola...so far at least.

It isn't the first time a pandemic virus has been released in this country and it will not be the last one. I sure don't want to contract it, but I will not lose sleep over it at this point.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:05 pm

no sleep lost yet, but ebola diagnosed in the US is a huge f ing deal. were talking about ebola here, possibly the deadliest virus ever known to man.

media is typical media just down playing it big time and easing us into the reality of whats happening... no its not airborne but it does transfer very easily through sweat.

millions get the flu every year so that is normal for thousands dead, many in those numbers are people whose health just cant handle getting sick at all... 98years old, aids virus, all sorts of patients just happens to be the flu that kills them with an already weak immune system from other sicknesses.

ebolas fatality rate is something like 90% and they are failing to control it in liberia and all over africa. Liberia is the focus right now buts its spreading all over the continent rapidly.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:58 pm

Ebola gets its legend due to the outbreaks in 3rd world cesspools where there is little to no medical support and no disease control barriers in place. In a location that has a strong infrastructure of clean water, medical access, healthy citizenship, etc. the deadly aspect will be far less.

Just look at the Black Plague. It wiped out over half of Europe at one point, but it doesn't really cause that much issue these days even though it exists in many parts of the world including the US.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:02 pm

milspec6 wrote:Trust me guys, there is no reason to panic over Ebola.  We will have 1,000's die this winter from the flu compared to maybe a dozen from any Ebola spread.  I am not certain, but I don't remember hearing of too many mutations associated with Ebola...so far at least.

It isn't the first time a pandemic virus has been released in this country and it will not be the last one.  I sure don't want to contract it, but I will not lose sleep over it at this point.

I couldn't agree more, I'm the worst worryholic in my household and I can't see this to be pandemic disease in the US, I'm itchy to say somehing else but I don't want to offend anyone that has different view of this, so I'm going to shut up, lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:35 pm

The one thing that scares me is the 50% mortality rate. 50% of the people that get it will die, that's a big f*ing deal. CDC predicts way over 100,000 deaths by Feb. in Africa. A 21 day incubation period is another big f*ing deal. In 21 days think of how many people you interact with. Oh and I do not buy the CDC line that it is not transmitted through the air. Their ineptitude and lack of action worries me immensely. This is a big, big f*cking deal if it starts to spread. We have media, Africa has minimal, think of those implications. Think of our economy and the panic.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:48 pm

eldiabloz wrote:The one thing that scares me is the 50% mortality rate. 50% of the people that get it will die, that's a big f*ing deal. CDC predicts way over 100,000 deaths by Feb. in Africa. A 21 day incubation period is another big f*ing deal. In 21 days think of how many people you interact with. Oh and I do not buy the CDC line that it is not transmitted through the air. Their ineptitude and lack of action worries me immensely. This is a big, big f*cking deal if it starts to spread. We have media, Africa has minimal, think of those implications. Think of our economy and the panic.

Panic is the biggest threat from a disease like Ebola. A 50% death rate is a big deal and the CDC may end up incorrect on the airborne aspect....really depends on the droplet size, but I still see no reason to get too excited yet.

Sure, knowing that you could contract the illness and face a 50% death rate is tough to accept, but you have greater odds of contracting a cancer with a far higher fatality rate....not that you should feel good about that either, but you understand the point.

As a child, I contracted chicken pox, countless Asian flu, and even Scarlet Fever....all of which had pretty high fatality rates in the mid to late 1800's yet I am still here. I just can't get worked up over Ebola at this point. Now, if the CDC fumbles this and allows a wide-spread outbreak or Ebola mutates, then I will start parking my suitcase for a long vacation in Australia.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:06 pm

I live in NJ the most crowded state in the nation. News says they just took 2 sick liberians of a flight from Belgium to Newark, NJ and let the other 140 passengers go. Brilliant just brilliant. This is why I am paranoid.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:22 am

I'm certain that the released passengers will be followed up with after the incubation period lapses.

That is the problem here, they may have been exposed to something, but you will not know if they will actually contract the illness until the incubation time. What do you do...lock all the passengers, ticket agents, flight crew, luggage handlers, coffee girl, security search personnel, etc. up until the period passes?

I understand your concern, NJ is a very dense area and a very international one with lots of foreign travellers in / out daily. I would avoid airports for a little while myself if I lived there, but there isn't much the CDC can do without crossing the line of liberties.

About the only thing that they could do, if the President chose to sign it, would be to place moritorium on all international travel from Ebola countries until the virus was under control.

Of course, that would also require the complete closing of the borders....fat chance of that happening.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:58 pm

I don't see how it is destroying anyone's liberty to keep everyone else safe. You travel TO or FROM an Ebola cesspool, then you should not be allowed to possibly cause an epidemic here, because you want to travel.

Risk yourself all you want, no big deal. But your liberties end where mine begin. I should be REASONABLY safe from some idiot spreading a deadly virus that has never been on this shore, nor should we want it to be.

Is it our right as well, to do whatever we want to our property, and in the end, poison all my neighbor's water supply? Of coarse not.

You will not find a bigger proponent of American rights, than me. So, IF I never traveled to these cesspools, but others have chosen to, and I end up with the virus, who's rights (to life, liberty, and PROPERTY) have been trampled? Had they stayed here or not traveled here without a proper going over, my right to life would not have been threatened, needlessly, right??

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:09 pm

I'm glad I'm immune to Ebola.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:54 pm

What can I (you) do about it? Not much.
I'm not stirring it up, in my mind and stressing about it.
Life goes on, I do my thing and focus on what I CAN control.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:40 pm

It is a fascinating thing to watch to be honest with you.  I used to train for out-breaks like this and it is interesting to see how it gets handled in the real world.

This will not become a pandemic...it just will not unless it mutates to a full airborne and resistant strain.  The pandemic will happen some day, but it will not be ebola.

The areas you need to watch isn't Africa.  It is in parts of the country where people share living spaces with livestock (chickens and especially pigs) that you need to watch.  That is where the cross-over mutations will develop that we will not be ready for.

Oh, and to make you feel more insecure about all of this.  If a pandemic does occur, there will be no doctors or hospitals to go to....it will be every man for themselves.  The CDC will not tell you that, but my training taught me that the Government fully expects that the medical community will be trying to save their families and not the public.

So, when you see doctors stocking up on protective masks, full protective suits, and antibiotics....then you can start to panic.

Pleasant Dreams all.... Shocked
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:23 pm

milspec6 wrote:It is a fascinating thing to watch to be honest with you.  I used to train for out-breaks like this and it is interesting to see how it gets handled in the real world.

This will not become a pandemic...it just will not unless it mutates to a full airborne and resistant strain.  The pandemic will happen some day, but it will not be ebola.

The areas you need to watch isn't Africa.  It is in parts of the country where people share living spaces with livestock (chickens and especially pigs) that you need to watch.  That is where the cross-over mutations will develop that we will not be ready for.

Oh, and to make you feel more insecure about all of this.  If a pandemic does occur, there will be no doctors or hospitals to go to....it will be every man for themselves.  The CDC will not tell you that, but my training taught me that the Government fully expects that the medical community will be trying to save their families and not the public.

So, when you see doctors stocking up on protective masks, full protective suits, and antibiotics....then you can start to panic.

Pleasant Dreams all.... Shocked

You sir are a wise man Very Happy
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down