Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Do you charge more when use rotary ?

4 posters

Go down

Do you charge more when use rotary ? Empty Do you charge more when use rotary ?

Post by dp1 Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:44 pm

If you do, do you explain that on the phone when scheduling or just give them the option when you get to the house ?
I just feel bad of doing the later because some customers will feel like bait and switch ? Even though it is an option.
After playing around with my rotovac 360i for a couple of weeks, it's amazing what rotary can do to a really soiled carpets, my tech is getting to like using it as well.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Do you charge more when use rotary ? Empty Re: Do you charge more when use rotary ?

Post by milspec6 Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:50 pm

I generally price the jobs according to the approach of providing the best clean possible with the understanding that I will use any and all tools that I feel is necessary to achieve those results.

On residential, I will pull out that rotary on 80% of all jobs because nothing cleans traffic areas like a rotary. If it isn't needed, then I get out easy and still make the same amount with less effort.

I think those that offer the tier pricing probably have the best idea to cover this issue. I am just not doing enough residential for it to matter. My goal is to make the results count as I rely on referrals to find work, and that means using a rotary on most jobs.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Do you charge more when use rotary ? Empty Re: Do you charge more when use rotary ?

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:58 pm

I'm in a way like Rob^^, I charge based on what it's going to take to get a job done in the best way possible.
For me, it only requires my rotery about 10% of the time anymore.
But you can bet I'm getting top dollar or close to it if I'm breaking that beast of mine out.

It does really help in a pricing situation like this, that I almost always give a in home quote before hand.

So charging more?.....I'd say yes usually, or more like, if I think it's going to be needed, I'm less flexible on my higher price.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:21 am

I do. If you plan to make the rotary part of the daily cleaning I would adjust your rate and use the rotary as an advantage....if and when they question price you can explain you use equipment most others Dont. I like to use it as more of an add on....if I stage a job and realize they could benefit from the rotary...ill mention it and quote the extra price...and that will vary from job to job because sometimes its only needed on traffic areas and others it may be the whole house. If it comes off the truck its $25 added at a minimum, If the job can really benefit and its the whole place....maybe as much as $75. Most jobs will be closer to the $25 to $50 range I suspect....I haven't done enough jobs to really implement this but I have in the past....was only a scrubber and I did well to up sell it. Now that the CRB and HOSS are on the truck I know I can keep an edge on the competition.

Ive more than once had a customer of the fence between me and another company and use the inside of my van to gain the edge....I point at equipment say, this does this and most other company's don't own one....this does that and most don't own one.....They usually haven't seen the other truck either. When they see I'm ready for jobs above what the "norm" is they gain some comfort.

I confident a company can gain a minimum of between $5 and $8k a year with just that tool alone. I'm sure mine will at least...Ive calculated and seen where the CRB and HOSS will be important for me.

I had someone once tell me they are going with the cheaper company....I said cheaper or less value?? I understand saving money but I can take off some value to get a better competing quote....she wanted to know what I meant....went to the van! she seen what she wouldn't get! ultimately she wanted more value...I sold on how difficult carpet can be and if the other guy doesn't have this and struggles....guess what?

I get asked a lot as im sure you do....they ask if those spots and traffic areas will come clean.....I will say I do my best and when I leave im 100% confident no one else can get them any better.....I also bring up the tools I carry others don't commonly carry and if it results to that I can use them for a small extra charge....they are used as an above HWE method but only in conjunction with.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:50 am

You can drop value when you drop price....never drop quality (obviously)

Here is something I use a lot.

My value does not decrease based on someones inability to see my worth!
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down