Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Tank odor solution

3 posters

Go down

Tank odor solution Empty Tank odor solution

Post by milspec6 Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:04 pm

One of the great things about winter weather is that my holding tank sure smells better, but there are times when it still needs a helping hand as it isn't very easy to flush out the 210 gallon upright stainless tank and you can't add bleaches.

I clean a lot of business store fronts in the winter and when you are cleaning for a restaurant or grocery store, the last thing you can afford is to have a stinky tank exhausting out a rotten cabbage smell.  Not good for either business. Mad

One of the things that I have found works really well is to add a bottle of Roebic RV and Marine Black Water treatment after dumping.  I've been using it for the last 3 years about twice a month and I haven't seen any tank damage yet (hope it stays that way).  

What I do get is a controlled waste tank that smells clean and really removes the gunk the next time that you fill and dump.  Sure it costs about $9 per bottle, but most people aren't running a 210 gallon tank, so you should be able to get a few treatments out of one bottle if running an 80 gallon tank.

http://www.roebic.com/rv-marine-black-water-treatment.shtml
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Tank odor solution Empty Re: Tank odor solution

Post by ACpower1 Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:51 pm

the RV store has these drop in eco friendly tablets, Ive been using those and they work great

you can get packs of them online for really cheap and they slowly dissolve in the waste tank, made for killing pure feces and urine smell so the dirty TM water doesnt stand a chance.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:15 pm

Are those the blue packs? Do they dissolve fully with those pouches?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:35 pm

If I do a nasty job and that happens to be in the last job of the day, after I dump, I put about 10 gallons of clean water and a quick squirt of joedorcide ( a quarter of an ounce ) and on the way back home the clean water splashes around the tank and cleans the tank and it smells great.
If it just smells like sewer smell, usually clean water always do the trick for me, as long as I dump as much as possible ( park the van in an angle to enable all the dirty water to flow out ).
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:43 pm

dp1 wrote:If I do a nasty job and that happens to be in the last job of the day, after I dump, I put about 10 gallons of clean water and a quick squirt of joedorcide ( a quarter of an ounce ) and on the way back home the clean water splashes around the tank and cleans the tank and it smells great.
If it just smells like sewer smell, usually clean water always do the trick for me, as long as I dump as much as possible ( park the van in an angle to enable all the dirty water to flow out ).

That has always been the problem with this waste tank, even on a steep angle, I can never get it all. I used to crawl into the tank with a garden hose and shop vac to clean the stagnant water out, but I can't be doing that all the time. As a result, that tank can get pretty nasty when it sits for a couple of days between jobs.

I really like those waste tanks with the cone bottoms to them....never need to worry about it again, some fresh water and done.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down