Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Odor management

5 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

Odor management Empty Odor management

Post by milspec6 Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:18 pm

Now here is a topic you will not find on any of the boards, but it is part of your marketing so it matters.

How you present yourself to a customer is vital. You want to give off a sense of trust, politeness, professionalism, etc. so you make sure that your appearance is appropriate. Groomed hair, clean uniform / attire, clean shoes, and good breath are all part of a successful business contact, but the big one is odor management.

Just like you want your waste tank to be under control, you also want to make sure you don't ruin the encounter by stinking up the joint. Proper deodorant, changing into a fresh shirt between jobs, and good sanitary habits are a given, but what about cologne? Do you wear cologne on the job?

I think you would be surprised by what a little cologne can do for your image. Remember what the biggest demographic is for our trade, the woman of the house and we all know the benefits of what a good cologne can do as an accessory, so do you wear any on the job? Why not?

I know that some will perspire more than others and that has a huge effect on the performance of a cologne, but how about when you show up to greet the customer? Do you apply a little "salesman magic" prior to ringing that door bell? Maybe even a light spritz on the receipt or with a sample spotter left behind to link your service to that scent might make a surprising impact.

I used to keep a cologne in the van (sat inside my ticket book holder) and all my receipts picked up the scent. It always brought compliments from the customer...well, almost always. It was just another way to keep you relevant long after you left the job.

milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Odor management Empty Re: Odor management

Post by brianbenaiah Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:37 pm

Well said truth. Just yesterday my wife got after me for taking my coat off in the car after working all afternoon in and out of our friends studio preparing for today's jujitsu tournament. Sorry honey i'll put my coat back on to cover up the terrible odor. The same when i'm running the wand and cleaning, I sweat like a pig eliminating toxins from my body and shrinking my holiday stomach. Cleaning is a good workout or maybe I put to much effort into it.
brianbenaiah
brianbenaiah
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:11 am

Sometimes the simple things help greatly. Like wearing some Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen in the summer or wearing an undershirt made from performance fabrics that both wick moisture as well as being anti-bacterial.

It is all part of the show in my view. Any time you are tasked with making a first impression (like meeting a new customer), think beyond just washing the van or having that cool vinyl wrap. They will mean nothing if you present yourself as an offensive boar.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:39 pm

Don't wear any just deo. A good majority of my custies prefer the cleaning solutions and carpet cleaner odorless. Rob now that you have that TNT you may want to redirect the exhasut so its doesn't blow right on your shirt
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:14 pm

Mo wrote:Don't wear any just deo. A good majority of my custies prefer the cleaning solutions and carpet cleaner odorless. Rob now that you have that TNT you may want to redirect the exhasut so its doesn't blow right on your shirt

I was considering that fact, I do have several customers who like the low-odor cleaning, but I am not sure that it has been a large percentage for my area. Lately, I have been getting customers asking what brand of cologne I was wearing during the walk through and it isn't an overly strong cologne either. I think it helped make a good impression and hopefully nets a referral or two.

Maybe they were just being nice?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:01 pm

Cleaning carpet is part of my weight management.
I sweat a lot and a wet shirt is a negitve moment of truth. So I went to white poly shirts; wetness doesn't show as much.
On the flip side; 80% of my work are empty rentals. So I don't have to deal with face to face meet and greets. When I do have a face-face, its the end of the job post clean visit. I towel off then go and talk but I keep it short
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:05 pm

I spent a long time landscaping in the summer heat and I just dont really sweat from carpet cleaning.... easy money as the mexicans that used to work for me would say.

sometimes a customer will crank the heat in the house thinking it will really help dry times which is funny but I just ask them to turn it down lol

carpet cleaning is physical no doubt but building retaining walls and patios, laying sod etc is really tough work.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down