Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Anti-allergen from Masterblend

3 posters

Go down

Anti-allergen from Masterblend Empty Anti-allergen from Masterblend

Post by milspec6 Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:27 pm

I have a customer who has been diagnosed with a "respiratory illness" who wants to have the carpets and all furniture cleaned next week in hopes of improving her health. This is a referral from a gal who had a mold issue in her home and was a devoted "naturalist". It sounds like I have become the recommended cleaner for her circle of friends as this will be the 4th time that she sent me to her neighbors.

This customer was asking if I could just clean with water only...no chemicals. Once I talked her off the ledge, I was able to explain to her that there are better options out there today that will not add to her health concerns....S/O for example. She booked the job (2500 sqft, 25 steps, 2-sofas, 1-recliner, 6-kitchen chairs, 1-sectional), but still has some apprehension over the chemicals.

What she did like was the thought of using Masterblend's line of Anti-allergen chemicals, but I had no real experience with any of them and thus couldn't recommend them.

So, anyone out there use these products? Good or Bad?

I am planning on going in with S/O, but I am curious about the Anti-allergen products.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Anti-allergen from Masterblend Empty Re: Anti-allergen from Masterblend

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:08 pm

Can't say I've had any experience with the MB products, but...

What I've done in a case like this before is (after assuring the customer I use safe DfE approved "cleaning solutions", and addition that I've never had a customer have a negative reaction to), offer to clean one area, as a test and if there is a problem I will stop and there will be no charge.........if all is well, then continue with the cleaning Soils and Oils. So far so good.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:02 am

Wow, big job, no unfortunately I've never used MB product, however if I have that big of a job in the winter, I would go out of my way to get that product if that's what she wants to keep her from calling someone else.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:12 am

dp1 wrote:Wow, big job, no unfortunately I've never used MB product, however if I have that big of a job in the winter, I would go out of my way to get that product if that's what she wants to keep her from calling someone else.

That is what I am thinking as well. I love S/O for this kind of job and she liked the sound of it, but when she heard that there was a product that is actually called "Anti-allergen" she was sold on the cleaning plan. It might just be marketing, but she was sold as soon as she heard it.

I guess I will try it out in my home this week to see if it is just hype.....and if it has a smell.

Sounds like it will be a busy day, but if all goes well, I expect to see more of the neighbors calling me real soon for the same type of cleanings. It just might open up a whole new advertising campaign rolling into the Spring.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:51 pm

Wouldn't you know it....they pulled the plug on this job.

The lady is going to have surgery in March and wants to wait until then to fully clean this house. The good part is that she also wants me to do a full water intrusion investigation as well as some minor mold removal.

It will likely end up being a 3-day job, so I guess I can wait. Will see what happens in March, but I am still going to try out this line of chemicals to see if it has any value.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:26 pm

Please keep us updated with that product, I might buy a gallon or two for spring allergy season if it works out as they stated.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:42 pm

dp1 wrote:Please keep us updated with that product, I might buy a gallon or two for spring allergy season if it works out as they stated.

Sure will....I was thinking about Spring allergy season too. Might be a way to stand out during the start of the season.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:53 pm

milspec6 wrote:Wouldn't you know it....they pulled the plug on this job.

The lady is going to have surgery in March and wants to wait until then to fully clean this house.  The good part is that she also wants me to do a full water intrusion investigation as well as some minor mold removal.

It will likely end up being a 3-day job, so I guess I can wait.  Will see what happens in March, but I am still going to try out this line of chemicals to see if it has any value.

Just out of curosity, how far out did she book the appt that she just canceled?

I've noticed over the years, that people that want to book 2 or more weeks out, will usually cancel/re-schedule.

It appears some people need to 'mentally prepare' for carpet cleaning, in addition to preparing in other ways. And I've noticed it's usually the one's with 'a lot of stuff' they need to pick up to be ready to do the cleaning (and also the one's like this, that are sensitive is some way AKA a PITA customer) lol. I think when they want to book way out, they're giving themselves time to do this, but most of the time can't pull it off. So these are the ones that will usually keep rescheduling over n over, if you let them! I don't because I've seen it and been jerked around too many times to continuing playing the game in which they don't value your/my time........so if I think that's what's going on, my policy is 2 strikes and you're out! At that point I let them waste someone Else's time, but not mine.

Sorry, what was the topic!? laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:00 pm

Davey, you are spot on as usual.

I have seen that same trend and yes, she wanted to wait until her neighbor had vacation time to help get things ready. Her daughter told me that her mother doesn't like strangers in her home and that she would rather have a friend present.

Sounds like a red flag customer, but the house is beautiful and her daughter was very apologetic....I can accept the quirk. We shall see what happens in March.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:17 pm

Ok good, I'm glad I'm not the only one that's noticed this^. Or looked at like I'm crazy, again. laughing
I ran this by DP awhile back while talking on the phone (basically what stated, in my last post and I got the feeling he thought I was the one who was 'off'....not to say I'm not, but that's another story. lol And he couldn't believe I didn't give those type of customers a 3rd, 4th, or 5th chance.....I use to, but I feel like I know the drill now and I'm just avoiding the hassle when I see it coming.
Hopefully come March all goes well, and she doesn't actually turn out to be one of 'Those', please let us know, Rob.......as I'd be really interested to know how it plays out with her. wink
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down