Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Home Advisor, get yourself on there

+5
Davey Cracker
Matt; My carpet cleaner
milspec6
Mo
ACpower1
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Home Advisor,   get yourself on there - Page 2 Empty Re: Home Advisor, get yourself on there

Post by milspec6 Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:50 pm

Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:
Davey Cracker wrote:
Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:Find some young stay at home moms that like to gab: Facebook, face to face or what ever; offer her a % of each paying job.

How does that work for you??

My experience is it only last a short time (A job or two), and then they slack off and nothing............But that was a long time ago, pre-interwebs era.....maybe those soccer mom's have changed? laughing
From what I've seen..very good. There is a PM group owned and run by 5 Ladies. They are going gang busters. Think about this? Women to women service. Most of the time we are dealing with the Lady of the house.  Want an advantage; get a women involved. Answer phones, billing, QC phone calls.

Totally agree, having a woman in the mix would help.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Home Advisor,   get yourself on there - Page 2 Empty Re: Home Advisor, get yourself on there

Post by carpetdaddy Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:40 am

Based on this post, I signed up for HA over the weekend to give it a try. So far they have sent me five leads. I have tried to call each of them back within two minutes of receiving the inquiry. None of them answered his phone, and none have returned calls. I also tried to e-mail them - no response.

Kind of hard to shell out $13 - $30 per lead and not have the opportunity to sell my service... Gonna give it a couple of more days, if nothing changes, I'm cancelling my account.

Not bashing them, but find it pretty weird/suspicious that I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone referred by HA.
carpetdaddy
carpetdaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.CarpetDaddys.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:14 am

Yeah keep us posted Joe. Have you requested a refund on those leads?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:18 am

Not all leads will be golden, but it is odd to strike out on every one so far.

Do give us an update on how it progresses.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:50 am

ACpower1 wrote:Home advisor doesnt mess with seo,   its no different than when you google your business name and you see your yelp ad up there near the top.   

In a small market you can help boost a referral service site. I rank pretty for my l.  Months ago I signed up for Yelp gave a back link. A  couple of months later they are ranking in the top ten for my area. They had never ranked in my area prior to that sign up and I haven't gotten sqaut from them.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:44 pm

carpetdaddy wrote:Based on this post, I signed up for HA over the weekend to give it a try. So far they have sent me five leads. I have tried to call each of them back within two minutes of receiving the inquiry. None of them answered his phone, and none have returned calls. I also tried to e-mail them - no response.

Kind of hard to shell out $13 - $30 per lead and not have the opportunity to sell my service... Gonna give it a couple of more days, if nothing changes, I'm cancelling my account.

Not bashing them, but find it pretty weird/suspicious that I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone referred by HA.  

That just goes to show all marketing is local. What works in one location could bust somewhere else. The main thing is to try everything and see what sticks.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by carpetdaddy Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:21 am

So after a week and a half with HA here it is... In my opinion they will never be able to produce a reasonable ROI .

Out of nine "leads" and over $100 in lead fees, I was able to make contact with three of the leads. I scheduled two of them for carpet cleaning for a combined total of less than $250. I also scheduled the third one that I was able to contact, but they had to cancel because the "lead" was for air duct repairs (which I don't do) not air duct cleaning.

Out of the other six "leads" one was a wrong number, but using the "white pages" app I was able to find the right number, call and leave a message and sent an e-mail. Another one I tried to call had a mailbox that was full (called several times over two days and sent e-mail). I tried to contact all of these "leads" within two minutes of receiving them. None of them returned my calls or e-mails.

Additionally, I found out that they added this MhelpDesk to my account for an additional fee of $59 per month. When I signed up for the HA acct they led me to believe that this was a necessary part of their program and that it was included in the subscription. Apparently it is some type of contact manager/accounting program. I already have a perfectly good program that I use. It is not necessary and not included in the subscription... I called and they did credit back the $59.

Last Thursday e-mailed them and asked for credit for the six "leads" that did not return my calls. I got a response yesterday that they will credit two of them - the one with the wrong number and the one with the wrong service. That's nice but, I don't know how they can consider the other ones legitimate leads when I as a contractor contact the "lead" immediately and never get a response from them...

I am cancelling the service this week. I think the idea of HA is good, but I don't trust them or their system of lead generation. My close rate on legitimate leads from all sources is better than 95%. But, I consider a legitimate lead someone who is interested enough to make an inquiry and interested enough in having the service done to answer my timely calls in a timely matter. I just can't afford to waist money on the 66% of bad "leads" that are or maybe sent.

I average upwards of an $8 - $1 return on my direct mail and about the same on Google Adwords (actually closer to $10 - $1). I can't see how HA can ever come close to producing returns like that given what I have experienced and all of the similar negative experiences I have read on line.

Hope this helps. If HA is right for you go for it. But I can't recommend it. :thumbs down: :thumbs down:
carpetdaddy
carpetdaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:58 am

sorry to hear Joe, maybe it was worth a shot and at least you didnt loose money.

All these programs are different in different areas.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:44 pm

Sounds like a nightmare, Joe. And borderline Bogus leads.

Thanks for the review.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:52 pm

That's in his state though Dave, I think you should try it Dave and let me know if it works in LA or not Twisted Evil
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:05 pm

Joe, did you pay by credit card for the leads that you got no contact from? Ask for credit on those or work with your CC co. to contest the charges. You know your in the right.
Some cities it works, some it doesn't.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:20 pm

dp1 wrote:That's in his state though Dave, I think you should try it Dave and let me know if it works in LA or not Twisted Evil

I'll pass.........

Shady biz practices are prob pretty constant from State to state. laughing

And really, I don't need anymore time wasters than I already get.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:25 pm

From my experience, if a person isn't serious enough to contact you personally, they aren't really that serious, and will likely be just wasting your/my time. And very possibly just looking for the cheapest price, in which I have no interest. wink
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:45 pm

its all different state to state Davey, its possible they are trying to build a presence in Joe's area but dont really have one established.

Seattle is a big city and there are a lot of companies making great money using HA
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:27 pm

Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:Joe, did you pay by credit card for the leads that you got no contact from? Ask for credit on those or work with your CC co. to contest the charges. You know your in the right.
Some cities it works, some it doesn't.

It's worth a shot but if there's contract signed, they might win, unless if he used Amex, Amex is awesome, they're great for consumers, that's one of the reason why I don't take Amex as payment Evil or Very Mad

I'm actually going to do some research for LA market.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:03 pm

Thanks for the review Joe. The fact that they werent willing to crdit your account for the other leads says a lot. I get a lot of biz from Angies and I still don't want to pay to advertise with them
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:24 pm

No method works in all regions nor for every cleaner. If it did, there would only be one out there.

I like Joe's approach here, give it a chance and see what happens. If no good, pull the plug and move on.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:11 pm

milspec6 wrote:No method works in all regions nor for every cleaner.  If it did, there would only be one out there.

I like Joe's approach here, give it a chance and see what happens.  If no good, pull the plug and move on.
Yep, you never know unless you try it.
Unless its the shopping carts, or the golf course signs at each hole, or the school sports calanders
There is NO magical advertising program. If there was....

Joe, now go and get referrals from those 2 customers you did work for. And keep in touch with them for repeat biz. That will make it more profitable!
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by carpetdaddy Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:14 am

Sorry for another long post. reading
There is always a cost for new customer acquisition. Even most referrals cost something - ie. time and fuel for estimates possibly a discount or something for the referrer. The key is to minimize the cost to maximize the return.

I like the "idea" of HA especially as a filler to smooth out slower times of the month and year. But in order to minimize the overall cost per new customer (the subscription cost plus the cost of every lead paid for, divided by the actual number of jobs acquired) you don't just need leads - you need "qualified/quality" leads. I am not confident in the overall quality of the leads that they can provide. So I can't see using this service as a good long term option.

With that said... We all have different financial needs with regards to actual revenue and cash flow. If you are going to use a service like HA consider the following. What percentage of the leads they provide are good quality? 10%, 20%, 30%.... Let's say 30% (I think that will be on the high side in most markets). Let's say your monthly spend level is $500 and the average you spend per lead is $15.

Take $500 spent divided by $15 average lead cost = 33 leads.
Take 33 leads times 30% the percent of quality leads = 10.
Take the 10 qualified leads times your avg close rate (let's use 90%) = 9 new customers.
Take the 9 new custys times your avg job (let's use $150) = $1350 total revenue generated.

Your average cost per acquired custy is $$55.56 ($500/9)
Your immediate ROI is 2.7 ($1350/$500) actually a little less because of the subscription cost. Obviously your long term ROI will be determined by how good you are at keeping your custys and getting referrals...

There are not too many businesses that can survive the long haul with an ROI less than 4.

If you can survive on a 2.7, or your avg job is Significantly higher then the example, or you are confident that HA or any service like this will produce a Significantly higher percentage of Quality Leads, then this might be a good service for you to use month in and month out.

Since they take out the fees weekly, it may also prove to be worthwhile to use if you have a slow month or two just to help with cash flow. In fact based on this analysis I may just renew my subscription next Jan and Feb to help with cash flow.

I hope this helps.
carpetdaddy
carpetdaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:25 am

Joe, as an English grad from a State University, I can honestly say that I never analyze things as clearly as you just did. I would have tried it for a month and just said that it didn't work for me based on what my account balance looked like at the time. Shocked

I should become more analytic with these matters, but I think it would just depress me and cause me to close the doors and go fishing. Very Happy

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:42 pm

I used to count my ROI like that the first 5 years or so, since we were spending close to $ 30 k for the year in advertisements.
Those days are over thank God, because we have not tried any new advertisements in a few years, and in my experience, any advertising in the winter always resulted in poor ROI, even google adwords and yelp which works really well in the summer, there's something about winter that makes people extra cheap and have to make other people's life miserable Evil or Very Mad
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:37 pm

You can thank that fat guy in the red suit for that Dp.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2