Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

This is Bad!!.......(VERY GRAPHIC, you have been WARNED!! :)

+12
Mo
Goomer
Fuzzsucker
carpetdaddy
Ryan S
Larry Henson
georgegregor
Matt; My carpet cleaner
milspec6
ODIN
ej54
Davey Cracker
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

This is Bad!!.......(VERY GRAPHIC, you have been WARNED!! :)  Empty This is Bad!!.......(VERY GRAPHIC, you have been WARNED!! :)

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:41 pm

Clean or Replace?!  Job I looked at today.

Believe it or not, it smells much worse than it looks.  I'd say on a 1 to 10, it looks 7 and smells 9 or 10....

The heavy Yellowing on carpet is nicotine!!  So it smells of cig smoke, filth, and just a stanky person.  The guy that lived/died here, apparently was a bad alcoholic and a very heavy smoker, not to mention a very unsanitary person. tongue 

This is Bad!!.......(VERY GRAPHIC, you have been WARNED!! :)  Image10

This is Bad!!.......(VERY GRAPHIC, you have been WARNED!! :)  Image_18

This is Bad!!.......(VERY GRAPHIC, you have been WARNED!! :)  Image_19

This is Bad!!.......(VERY GRAPHIC, you have been WARNED!! :)  Image_21

This is Bad!!.......(VERY GRAPHIC, you have been WARNED!! :)  Image_22

Last edited by Davey Cracker on Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

This is Bad!!.......(VERY GRAPHIC, you have been WARNED!! :)  Empty Re: This is Bad!!.......(VERY GRAPHIC, you have been WARNED!! :)

Post by ej54 Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:44 pm

l advise you to RUN as far as you can.
ej54
ej54
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.revolutioncleaning.net.au/

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

This is Bad!!.......(VERY GRAPHIC, you have been WARNED!! :)  Empty Re: This is Bad!!.......(VERY GRAPHIC, you have been WARNED!! :)

Post by milspec6 Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:02 pm

Go with thrid option, match and kerosene.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:13 pm

Haha I like the wide range of responses! Wink 

I told her no problem! lol......for the right price of course!. Laughing 

Actually once they get this mess cleaned up, they're putting the house up for sale.
So they're not looking for perfection. ha Good thing! They're just trying to avoid the cost of replacement, and simply want it to look and smell better, and I can do that! And she trust that I can because I've done it before for her on a rental not too long ago. Very Happy 

So I'm going to start on it tomorrow. I doubt I'll have time to finish tomorrow so I will prob go back Friday to do so. And hopefully by then I'll have shown her I can clean the kitchen vinyl floor, with a spot test while I'm there tomorrow. Which would add a lil more to a already nice paying job. :joker: 

The job is 3 rooms, living rm., 2 bd rms and hall, for a total of 830 s.f.
I'm getting .65 sf to clean and .35 sf to deodorize for a buck a sf. So hopefully I charged enough for the amount of work it'll be. Smile Suspect 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:36 pm

'Bad alcoholic'? That mean there are good ones?

Just givin ya a hard time.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by georgegregor Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:46 am

What a challenge. Happy to have a go at it.

georgegregor

http://www.condorcleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Henson Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:31 am

That will make some good before and after pictures and probably win the contest. I would use peroxide & joedercide liberally. Good luck Dave.
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.absolutelykleener.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:44 am

Have some fun today. That looks like a hero maker carpet. Just be sure to pat those pictures in November I still want the t shirt from terje. Lol
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carpetdaddy Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:57 am

You might want to get your biohazard certification first:D 
carpetdaddy
carpetdaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.CarpetDaddys.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzsucker Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:04 am

Give it your best. But I think cleaning that would be a disservice. You could replace that with some builder/rental grade for close to what the cleaning is gonna cost. I have guys that replace with pad for. 99 a foot. Its cheap cheap carpet but cheap carpet looks good to someone who doesn't know any better. It would definitely look better than cleaning that mess. Good luck anyway I am curious to see what u can make happen there. .
Fuzzsucker
Fuzzsucker
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://thepremierclean.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:31 pm

Larry Henson wrote:That will make some good before and after pictures and probably win the contest. I would use peroxide & joedercide liberally. Good luck Dave.
Thanks, a lil luck never hurts. Very Happy 

Just a little update on my progress so far....

When I showed up there today, I thought to myself, WTF was I thinking, what have a got myself into here! But once I got going and started making progress I felt better. I only had time today to do the bed rooms and hallway, I'll go back tomorrow to finish, and will have some impressive after photos.

The one good thing about when I showed up there today was it smelled WAAAAAY better, thanks to Joedercide!! rabbit 
When I was there yesterday and got the green light to do the job, I figured I'd get a head start by spraying down Joedercide and brushing it in. Thought with a little luck it wouldn't smell so disgusting when I showed up today. To my amazement (and the customers), the only odor when we walked in was the Joedercide. Very Happy 

When I bid the job yesterday I was trying to be fair to the customer and myself on the price, and to play it a bit safe I figured I errored on the high/my side if anything.  Well it turns out I think it was fair for both of us.  I feel like the customer is getting their money's worth from me, as I spent the better part of 3 hrs today just cleaning the 2 bed rms and hall, and will likely be there tomorrow for several more hrs.

I'll post some after pics tomorrow when I'm done.............

Last edited by Davey Cracker on Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:41 pm

Fuzzsucker wrote:Give it your best. But I think cleaning that would be a disservice.  You could replace that with some builder/rental grade for close to what the cleaning is gonna cost. I have guys that replace with pad for. 99 a foot. Its cheap cheap carpet but cheap carpet looks good to someone who doesn't know any better. It would definitely look better than cleaning that mess. Good luck anyway I am curious to see what u can make happen there. .
Even at $9 a sq. yd. for the carpet it would be $1,000 with tax, which yes, seems to make more sense than paying me $860. BUT, we can't get carpet installed here for that price, maybe $1,500 for commercial GD, and more like 2 grand for something cheap quality that was look appropriate in a home.

You might be surprised with the results I'm getting, at least that's my plan. cyclops
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:45 pm

carpetdaddy wrote:You might want to get your biohazard certification first:D 
SERIOUSLY, Joe!!

I wore gloves the whole time I was there, because everything else is just as disgustingly filthy! You should see the doorknobs and switch plates! affraid

Last edited by Davey Cracker on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomer Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:35 pm

Just boost with some Ronsonol........seriously....kudos for taking that as a challenge.....any idea what exactly the black crap is in the last pic???
Goomer
Goomer
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:40 pm

Cleaning that mess is half the battle, you will be cleaning your tools and tank for twice that amount of time. Even if it comes out well, I wouldn't post that on a website as people might think that you would be cleaning places like that before showing up at their door!

Still, good luck with the fight! Protect yourself well too...who knows what bacteria and viruses are living there. I suggest scrubbing all the tools with sporicidin for awhile afterwards.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:14 pm

Dave for a second I thought you were doing a crime scene clean up. You're making good money cleaning that mess.

Make sure you clean your waste tank and pour a cup S/O/O in there so it doesn't smell like arse for a month
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:43 pm

I know some cleaners here have extremely high standard of cleaning results and will absolutely say no to these kind of cleaning job, but I see these kind of jobs as a challenge, of course expectations have to be set at a reasonable level, I love these kind of jobs, getting $ 200+ / hour, only attorneys and plastic surgeons can beat that Razz
Great deal Dave, good for you bud :-)
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:50 pm

Take a crap on it and leave, it will be an improvement so be sure to charge them for it.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:51 pm

Maybe tomorrow.

I said I would report back today on this job, but I wasn't able to get back there today due to delays caused by pump problems on my machine. So the plan is to go finish tomorrow.......I'll keep ya posted. :albino: 

BTW I'm looking for help with selecting a new pump and started a thread, if you can help please post here.............
Thanks!!
https://thecleanerslounge.forumotion.com/t210-need-new-pumpand-advice
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:57 pm

Mr. Strange wrote:Take a crap on it and leave,  it will be an improvement so be sure to charge them for it.
Hey Man Thanks! That's some great/stupid advice, but if I need your help in the future I'll let ya know!

Don't wait for my call, as I'm sure you have nothing valuable to offer!!
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:43 am

Dave I was obviously joking, sometimes my humor flops.

But, How would you know what I have to offer? You know nothing about me as a cleaner. I wouldn't take your call any ways, I don't like dealing with people who are such tight wads that they can't take a joke for what it is.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:25 am

There goes Andy spreading the love:Ugly Laughing:
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:28 pm

Andy Mc wrote:Dave I was obviously joking,  sometimes my humor flops.  

But, How would you know what I have to offer?   You know nothing about me as a cleaner.   I wouldn't take your call any ways,  I don't like dealing with people who are such tight wads that they can't take a joke for what it is.    
Haha, I'm not sure I should apologize, or dislike you more after your lil dig there. laughing 

But hey I can only control my own mouth, and (sometimes can't even do that as I've shown), let alone what your mouth says. Sooo, I do apologize for my post to last night, guess I wasn't much in the mood for that type of "humor". Even tho, it's no accuse, and you're right, I don't know the first thing about you or your cleaning abilities. I'm just pretty sure I don't need advice from a cleaner that recommends "Take a crap on it and leave" on my customers carpet. lol

So hey, no hard feelings here......

Love,
Davey wink
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next