Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Loaner Review Wand-eeze Carpet Cleaning Wand Kit

+8
Matt; My carpet cleaner
brianbenaiah
ACpower1
SCCC
Davey Cracker
Royal Man
milspec6
Mo
12 posters

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Loaner Review Wand-eeze Carpet Cleaning Wand Kit - Page 12 Empty Re: Loaner Review Wand-eeze Carpet Cleaning Wand Kit

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:27 pm

Mo wrote:

But if you liked it better with out the lead hose and its not needed why even use it.

That was my thought, exactly.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Loaner Review Wand-eeze Carpet Cleaning Wand Kit - Page 12 Empty Re: Loaner Review Wand-eeze Carpet Cleaning Wand Kit

Post by Royal Man Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:34 pm

The leader hoses just give you more options. The same as you can rotate the gun and the mounting can be at the rear of tube or up to the bend. More options and freedom of choice is the American way!!!

Royal Man
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:52 pm

Royal Man wrote:The leader hoses just give you more options. The same as you can rotate the gun and the mounting can be at the rear of tube or up to the bend. More options and freedom of choice is the American way!!!

I see it as a hindrance..

At this point it sounds like it's 3 of 4 against the leader, isn't it?.........with Mo being the only one to use it, and hasn't tried it without yet.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:27 pm

Yeah Its completely customizable. Having the ability to change your hand position almost on the fly also helps to reduce the likelihood of a repetitive motion injury.

The bottom line for me personally is that it just feels more comfortable swinging the wand. You're not hunched over, your hand, wrist, elbow is not constantly in a contorted position, my hand, wrist and fingers aren't cramping up, your range of motion is extended and more comfortable.

The additional weight of the wandeeze and leader hose occasionally getting caught up in a corner is negligible when you compare it to all the positives of the tool

I did have some concerns before the purchase. I was concerned that I may lose the seal of the wand at at the end of the stroke. Dave and Tom did not have any issues with it so that eases my concern.

My other concern was price. I almost wished I had a regular wand grip to compare the two. But I starting thinking that this tool made it easier and less fatiguing to clean and not to mention the possibility that It may help prevent joint problems down the road made my decision to purchase easy.

Now keep in mind I have only been HWE for a couple of years so I may not have the strength that you guys have. I have a 2' wand and my hands are on the small side so I may be experiencing more of a benefit than guys that have been wanding for 15 years and have gigantor hands.

PS. I could give a rats ass weather you guys buy one or not Very Happy What's cool is that you get to try before you buy and not waste your money if you don't like it
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:55 pm

SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:24 pm

Nice video Tom.....made me thing of 2 things right off the bat.

1. The weight issue (if there is one) could be eliminated by a simple shoulder lanyard. When working a large commercial where you are in the open knocking out 10-15k sqft of cgd, a simple lanyard and that handle could work very smoothly and with very minimal stress.

2. Watching you take the wand stroke and even just talking about the tool, it looks like it could really use a rest for the index finger. If you watch the video, you will notice that you kept your index finger pointed much of the time which allows you to alter the hand stress towards the middle of the hand instead of the over the top of the hand.

When combat shooting a pistol, I prefer to use my middle finger on the trigger and let my index finger ride along the side of the slide. It provides for a stronger grip and a "squarer" shape to the hand. Could be valuable on this trigger as well....I will not know until I try it, but those who are using it now, give it a try.

It would just need to be a simple tab of some kind that you rest your index finger on when working the wand. It might not be for everyone, but it could provide an added comfort option for those that like it.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:57 pm

Nice video review Tom I'm so glad I reached out to you to test it.

What's  funny is that for me the further up the wand I put the wandeeze and assist handle the more comfortable it felt. The way you positioned it in the video it made about 6 inches of the tube unnecessary. You could probably make the wand a pound lighter if you cut that off Very Happy

But then again when I bought my vt12 from joe cut it to fit and im on the short side so your wand is probably longer than mine to begin with. I think the eeze makes your wand longer.

I trigger with the wandeeze with all four fingers not just with the index finger. I weight of the wand is on the web of my hand and pad. Do you trigger it like that because it feels like the wand is going to fall off your hand?

So you like the wand and you want to offer it as an add to the Dev Pro but it's just not for you?

PS its Wand-eeze not Wand Easy Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:11 pm

Thanks Mo lol

Nice video Tom, and very politically correct. wink

And yes it does put a strain on index finger, at least for me it did......mostly due to placement of crown nut.. If I were to use it, I'd just remove that bolt and nut that digs into index finger.

Last edited by Davey Cracker on Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:13 pm

Again why are you guys using just the index finger to trigger the wand?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:54 am

Okay,sorry the video upload took forever and I had a family date.

So, I like the Wand Eeze a lot, I bought a euro handle many years ago and it was terrible, so much I sold and never tried another.
This is the crazy thing, I think that the many years in drywall really took its toll on my hands, but not like many think, I get more pain from smaller grips where I feel I am having to really grip it to hold on to it.
So the larger 2.0 wand works better for my problem I guess, Now Dave's Wand Eeze does not bother me at all so to me that is a plus.
Being that it does not cause me any discomfort I would have to say anybody that is experiencing any kind of discomfort the W.E. would more than likely be a great choice for them.
Dave did a great job designing the W.E. and I think he has a winner.
Now the fun will begin for him, as marketing the tool is where the fun begins.
I suggest to Dave that he needs to go to a show and show off his Wand Eeze to the public.
Dave you did a great job, and being able to be face to face with people to explain it properly is going to give you much better results.  
The forums are good and you should get sales from it, but it is a totally different experience,and you will have a great time.
Mo,
You are correct I like the W.E. and have a wand set up with it and will continue to use it, but I am probably not the best guy to use it because of my comfort with a larger grip.
It did take me more than a couple uses to get the setup right for me, so for all that try it just play around with it, try it several ways as there is really no wrong way because what might be right for me, might not be right for you.
Also yes I would be happy to offer it to guys as a option on the DevPro if someone is looking for a euro grip...as I don't think there is a better choice out there. Being a bolt on app it is not permanent and that is also awesome.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Royal Man Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:21 am

Thanks fo4 the video Tom. You did a great job with your explination and you talked slowly to make things clear. ( i often need to slow down a bit myself

Royal Man
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:06 pm

Good point Tom every "Body" is different. Its kind of like when my daughter asked me to remove a small nail polish cap. I just couldn't do it.

I guess I can still use my hook for the WD
Loaner Review Wand-eeze Carpet Cleaning Wand Kit - Page 12 Wande_10
Loaner Review Wand-eeze Carpet Cleaning Wand Kit - Page 12 Wandee11
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:21 pm

OK Tim you've has the wandeeze for a week, What are you thoughts" Any suggestions on how to make it better?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Royal Man Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:03 pm

Tim post some pics or videos of how you set it up. Im here to help you , answer any questions etc. I have been using it daily for the last 5 years. You can even have it konger if you wish. You can call me direct @ 402-423-7200

Royal Man
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:08 pm

Tim sent me a PM yesterday said he would share his experience and thoughts on the tool soon
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:15 pm

I have this now and I am going to have to work up the courage to put it on my wand. It looks a lot harder in person.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:45 pm

Very Happy What makes you apprehensive about it Ken?It looks harder to install or harder to use. I believe you can teach an old dog new tricks
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TimM Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:11 am

ok, sorry for the delay. I found it pretty easy to mount it on my AW29 1 1/2" wand, it just clamped right over my handle. I did not use the long pressure hose that came with it because I like to have the shut off close to my hands. It took a few jobs to get the handle adjusted to feel comfortable with it. I do have to say, it is made of some quality stuff. After using it on several jobs I found that my fingers hurt from the different angle of using them on the wand.

One area of concern I had with it was that the rubber on the handle started to come off. It would stick right back on but I was concerned on how long this would last in the heat of the van and many jobs of it being used.
Loaner Review Wand-eeze Carpet Cleaning Wand Kit - Page 12 2015-016

I don't know if I would find this of any benefit to my and my cleaning because I am still using a 1 1/2" wand but if I was to upgrade to a larger 2" wand I can see that this tool can really help the comfort of the hands.
TimM
TimM
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://magaw.org/PriceIsRightCarpetCleaning/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:47 am

Excellent review Tim thank you so much.

Maybe I should switch to a 1.5 inch wand?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TimM Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:52 am

I want to move up to a 4 jet wand, I still don't know if I want to go up to a 2" wand tho. Living in the desert I get pretty good dry times almost year round running 6 flow on my 1 1/2" wand.
TimM
TimM
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:55 am

You know what would be cool is to have Tom use his CFM tester to see what the difference in CFM between the two size wands if it's negligible I would switch. My hand and fingers start getting cramped with my VT.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:12 am

Looks like the sweat and constant use is causing that pad to come loose. That hasn't happened with mine.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Royal Man Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:15 am

Tim, i wish i would of known you has a 1.5" wand. It is made for,a 2" for 1.5" it needs an adaptor i could of sent. If the pad is,coming lose just use a little duro cement glue. (Ken) For best angle keep it around 25 degrees. Akso Ken call me for any problrms or tips for set up and use. It should only take a few minutes to mount it after you remove your existing valve and rubber grip. My # 402-423-7200

Royal Man
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:24 am

What does the adapter look like. So Tim was the wandeeze loos on the handle?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TimM Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:32 am

The wand eeze attached to my wand with no problems. I should have taken a picture of it, but on my wand there is the black plastic on the handle, and it just slid over that and tightened down with no issues.
Loaner Review Wand-eeze Carpet Cleaning Wand Kit - Page 12 2015-017
TimM
TimM
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next