Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Busy Fall (pics)

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Busy Fall (pics) - Page 2 Empty Re: Busy Fall (pics)

Post by milspec6 Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:52 pm

I want to believe that would be the end result and is why I circled the date on the calendar for a final decision. I just see things like these last 2 months and wonder how I would stop from pulling my hair out if that was my only income source.

But like AC said, working this much is not good for the body and I have aged a lot the last 6 years as a result. As I get older, I find myself shifting to going slower and protecting my health.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:54 pm

Yeah, I agree with these guys Rob, unless if you make more than 75k a year in your full time work, I would dump them and clean full time, but due to the weather in winter, I would be prepared with an extra tech in Spring and Summer so that you can work the 2 vans full time and try bringing 35 k or more a month during those months, after all the expenses ( including household expenses ) you can bank 15 k or more for those months and have some $$ for winter vacations and slow months.
I'm not telling you what to do, just a suggestion Very Happy
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:03 am

I appreciate all the support gang, Dp, that is part of my problem as I make 65k per year on the day job....of course that is due largely to the overtime involved.

They have been promising me a promotion for the last 3 years that would move me to a 8-4:30 schedule M-F at just over 100k, but it has only been a tease to this point.

I decided to give them the winter to make good on that promise or else I walk on that day circled on the calendar. I also took most of December off on vacation so I am only working about 12 days this coming month. Hopefully, I can get things organized for the Spring at that time and get some cleaning done.

It is really funny how I cashed all my vacation in so that I would have lots of time off this fall to explore cleaning full time...sort of a trial run. The result was a deer hit and a dead fall. Can't say it helped my decision process any.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:54 am

I know a guy that has had nothing but problems with his older model express van AC you may want to go with Ford on the next one
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:58 am

+1 on the Ford Vans

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:20 pm

Ford vans where the best! they dont make the conventional van now ...right?

Rob...are your benefits and insurance etc making it hard to make the change?...It can work fine just how you are doing it but you will wear thin my friend. Go all in on one or the other OR make sure you understand with yourself its just a part time gig and it wont engulf your life....the level of stress it brings you being part time is a bit more than the full time guys with the recent problems you had. I am confident with your knowledge and full time you would make twice the money you currently make.....but then you need your bennies.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:38 pm

The Captain of the Whale Ship "Essex" was forced to eat much of his crew to stay alive at sea until rescued. When he died, they found that his attic was packed full of food....he never wanted to feel that starvation again.

I've been flat busted in my life after the divorce. I remember having a -5 balance in my account and not enough fuel in the tank to even make it to a family member's house. I had to sell off my prized possession for enough money to survive until the new job started.

That was a long time ago (over 20 years now), but I never forgot that feeling of despair....I have been keeping my attic well stocked ever since.

I do believe that going all-in makes the most sense as I have been holding back this business for the last 7 years and it still makes almost as much as the day job on limited hours, but a part of me just struggles with casting off and returning to the sea.

Now if the land catches fire and becomes a negative place to stay....I will knock over my Grandmother to reach that boat. That is what I am trying to establish now by giving them the ultimatum.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:41 pm

I hear ya Rob...just know this...guys do it all the time and are NOT single. Imagine kids, wife, secure job...risk....Bills....its easier single, not easy but easier. either way you need to get off the fence...its electric! jump!!!! Money Pile
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:45 am

Devon07 wrote:I hear ya Rob...just know this...guys do it all the time and are NOT single. Imagine kids, wife, secure job...risk....Bills....its easier single, not easy but easier. either way you need to get off the fence...its electric! jump!!!! Money Pile

That is a very good point.....I do have a cactus and a fern though, so it is kind of like the same thing. Razz

I've been feeling that voltage rising in the wire for awhile...you should hear Joe B. try and get me off that fence. He has been working at it for a couple of years now too.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2