Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Vacuum Cleaner

+13
ACpower1
bwild
Mo
milspec6
Pro Touch
Freemind1
ODIN
Cjcann
Davey Cracker
Joe EcoPro
Ryan S
Fuzzsucker
Cannon100
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Vacuum Cleaner - Page 2 Empty Re: Vacuum Cleaner

Post by REALCLEAN Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:16 pm

Guess who invented the cleartrak?
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:50 pm

idk who
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:35 pm

Mr. Dyson

Resulted in a lawsuit.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:06 pm

Should have guessed that by the picture...learned something new.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:11 pm

idk, ive seen the dysons at home depot for 700... just a complete rip off if you ask me

like I was saying before, 12 amps is 12 amps, good brushes, hepa and carbon filters thats all you need,

Ive tried to completely clean our sanitaire that smells like oily dog, just cant get the smell out and its a 300 dollar vac

I may give another commercial vac a shot down the road but I just like brand new vacuums, they work so well when they are new and pull a ton of crap out of carpet

I have one for jobs that have pet damage, one for perfect clean homes that I would never bring a pet vac into.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:04 pm

ACpower1 wrote:

Ive tried to completely clean our sanitaire that smells like oily dog,    just cant get the smell out and its a 300 dollar vac

S/O/O
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:06 pm

Amps is not the end all. It's a good start, but its like saying the best car is the one with the most horsepower. There's also the torque rating to consider plus what weight you're trying to move.

My CRB has zero amps powering a vacuum but will pull stuff out of carpet many traditional vacuums can't.

There is no perfect vacuum imo, but if Dyson would engineer a commercial vac and borrow some technology from LG, that would be pretty close to the perfect vacuum.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:07 am

It seems vacs are like motor oils, everyone has their own preference/opinion.  laughing 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred H Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:55 am

Ryan S wrote:I don't think the homeowner gives two cents what vac you use. We only tell our selves that. Those back PAC vacs are scary on a residential. It's like a camel walking in their house vacuuming. China cabinet? Family 4x7 photo. Yikes affraid 

Based on that assumption I could clean their carpet with a bissell steam vac or rug doctor and they would not care. That would not fly in my market.

If you can't maneuver a back pack in a furnished home how are you going to operate any other piece of equipment?
Fred H
Fred H

http://www.fredscarpetcavalry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:26 pm

REALCLEAN wrote:Amps is not the end all.  It's a good start, but its like saying the best car is the one with the most horsepower.  There's also the torque rating to consider plus what weight you're trying to move.

My CRB has zero amps powering a vacuum but will pull stuff out of carpet many traditional vacuums can't.

There is no perfect vacuum imo, but if Dyson would engineer a commercial vac and borrow some technology from LG, that would be pretty close to the perfect vacuum.

your right its not the only thing that matters,    I just meant anything with 12amp motor should work just fine.      I just dont see where the money goes on dysons that are 700.00,   they are still cheap chinese plastic made

taking apart the sanitaire commercial the only diff I see is more metal parts

tried s/o/o on the outer vac bag actually that was my first thought,   but it would need to be ran thru the washing machine or something..      but nothing is worse than firing up a stinky vac in a customers home

If you want your vacuum to look different just peel off the stickers and put your own on,   or get it wrapped

the backpacks......   you still have to plug it in        why wear the vac on your back when you want some weight on the carpet
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:04 pm

Fred H wrote:
Ryan S wrote:I don't think the homeowner gives two cents what vac you use. We only tell our selves that. Those back PAC vacs are scary on a residential. It's like a camel walking in their house vacuuming. China cabinet? Family 4x7 photo. Yikes affraid 

Based on that assumption I could clean their carpet with a bissell steam vac or rug doctor and they would not care. That would not fly in my market.

If you can't maneuver a back pack in a furnished home how are you going to operate any other piece of equipment?

Just another Carpet cleaner fidish. Your comparison is extremely off. So do you talk about your stair tool, scrub wand, uph tool, vac hose, solution hose, TM, fuel type, PS, rinse, spotters, hair gel, deodorant, shoe style, HF, to your clients?

They are not consered with that. Let me refer you to this thread.

https://thecleanerslounge.forumotion.com/t460-owner-operators-oo-vs-big-name-companies-bnc

The content you are referring to is burried deep in these post.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:06 pm

I don't think Dysons are necessarily a good value. However, the engineering is really impressive, resulting in massive amounts of imitation.

They do seem to be really "plasticy", but they've developed a good reputation for durability. I bought the DC50 because its small, easy to store and carry, and only $300.

REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:19 pm

I have two Kirby I have $130 for one and the other was a new that was given to me by one of our clients. They just received a wounded warriors home and only have two rooms of carpet. So she gave it to me.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:50 pm

As long as the vac that you carry into the home is presentable and doesn't smell, you will be fine with any make or model. The condition does matter to the custy and I guess that is where I was going in my earlier opinion....I do get positive responses to the kirby over my ProTeam and I do talk about and show off the tools to the client. Titanium wands seem to be the most popular as are the airpaths, but results will differ.

As for that stinky vac, try coffee grounds. Just dump out a few cups of unused coffee grounds and vac it up. After a day or two, it should make a world of difference....put it in your fridge as well in a bowl.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:52 pm

AC put a new bag in the vac and buy a bag of potpourri and vacing it up until the smell goes away. If that doesn't work throw in the lake
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzsucker Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:06 pm

Paper towel with some joedercide on it in the bag. Smells lovely all week
Fuzzsucker
Fuzzsucker
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://thepremierclean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:18 am

Fuzzsucker wrote:Paper towel with some joedercide on it in the bag. Smells lovely all week

The stuff we think of. That's a good method AC
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe EcoPro Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:49 pm

That was a great suggestion Fuzzsucker.
Joe EcoPro
Joe EcoPro

http://www.ecoprocc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seaswril Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:24 pm

Royal vacuums for 26 years. Still have my first one.

Seaswril

http://ShullsCapetcleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe EcoPro Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:37 pm

We have a Royal commercial vac and it performs well. It is also light and easy to pre vac stairs with ease. http://www.royalvacuums.com/Commercial/AllMetalUprights/
Joe EcoPro
Joe EcoPro

http://www.ecoprocc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:14 am

We talk a lot about what type of vacuum to take into a customer's home. Most feel its more professional to take a vac that can't be bought off the shelf into a home. I have always leaned in that direction. However, I have absolutely no data to back that idea up. I really just came to that conclusion completely on my own, so.......

Yesterday, I had 2 jobs, so I asked. "What's your honest opinion, does it matter what brand or type of vacuum I use?"

Blank, confusing stare. "I don't think I get your question."

I try to explain that its thought, among many professionals, that it looks unprofessional if we use a vacuum cleaner that anyone can buy. Does it appear more professional if I use a brand of vacuum not sold at box stores?

From both home owners, both women, I got a confusing look, why is that a question, doesn't matter at all.

One woman stated, "I hired you for your knowledge and expertise, not your vacuum cleaner."

That's just a 2 person sample, but I'm going to keep asking. I think some of us may be guilty of manufacturing a perception as a reality.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:36 am

It might be interesting if you also asked them what vac they use and which brand do they feel is the best one? Most people buy from the box stores and get maybe 3 years out of their vacuums, while a kirby or royal owner will have their vac for decades and brag about it's performance.

You are correct, we make more out of it then customers ever will....we are cleaners and this is just one of our profession's tools. Nobody goes to their mechanic and looks to see if he is using craftsman or snap-on tools, we probably don't care, but it will matter a lot ot the mechanic.

In my view, the cleaner should use the tool that works the best for him/her. For me, the kirby fits that bill on residential, but I need easier access to on-board tools for commercial and choose accordingly. If the client is going to be present as you clean, you want the tools to impress as much as your skill with them....mechanics are the same way.

Or look at it this way, does it matter how you dress, shave, hair neat, etc.? We all know it does, although it doesn't lessen our skill at all. The choice in tools fall in that same category. Present your tools as you would present yourself and choose the one that fits your needs the best.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:50 pm

I did buy the Orbot over the Trinity because it looked so much more professional. The Trinity just looks too Mickey Mouse to me.

I'm a firm believer in clean clothes, clean shoes, and clean equipment. Actually, probably a bit OCD about it. (I take a change of clothes, just in case lol!)

The vacuum got me to thinking though. If that were true, where would it stop? If I looked unprofessional because I used a big box store vacuum, what about my vehicle? What about my business cards? What about my invoice; is it from a professional printer or off my ink jet?

I may make things more complicated than they should be. It's probably as simple as taking their dirty carpet and giving them clean carpet.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:24 pm

It is bro. These people don't care about that. My first time client today was more impressed that I cleaned by myself than anything else. She told me I love your services, so I want your card. I gave her a magnet. A smile and a thank you for letting us serve you today. We were different than any other company she had in her home. They don't care about our TM, our vacuums, our sweet UPH tool, our killer wand, or the fresh new rotary. They just want to know that your services will exceed the value of the dollar the have spent with your business.

With one exception, if you get the black light lady, show her every thing you have all the way down to your MSDS folder.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:06 pm

I'm more like Realclean, I can over-think things to death, but I think it does matter. Ryan, I love those clients and you impressed her with your skill and charm...tools didn't matter to her as much as the cleaner did. Around here, those clients are getting harder to find.

There are many gated communities that I clean in where I better wax the van first and make darn certain nothing leaks. I have to have the tank deodorized and every tool better look like it just came off the showroom floor. If not, I don't get the jobs. It isn't my favorite tickets to work, but I can make 3x the amount in a day than I could otherwise.

Here I go again, over-thinking the answer. Like Ryan said, it doesn't matter...to most. For the others, those things will break you. Walk into a Ferrari dealership sometime, it is an entirely different show than your local mechanic. Marble floors, full-featured waiting rooms, expresso machines, mechanics in lab coats, and classical music over the speakers. Are those mechanics any better? Probably not, but they meet the expectations.

Running any business is the same way. Present yourself according to your customer's expectations and you will win every time. Maybe I can fit a Judson into the back of a limo....that has potential.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next