Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Hate working for the rich !

+4
Freemind1
Mo
milspec6
dp1
8 posters

Go down

Hate working for the rich ! Empty Hate working for the rich !

Post by dp1 Thu May 05, 2016 9:38 pm

This guy called a couple of days ago and asked for in home estimate, told me that his house is 8000 sq ft home and he can't figure out how much sq ft is the carpeted / cleanable areas, I told him I'll make an exception and do a free in home estimate, got there and his house has 2 car entrances, both with automatic gates, no bells, I called him, went to his voice mail, left him a voice mail, waited 5 minutes, decided to text him, told him I'd wait a few more minutes, I was going to leave and he came, he said sorry I had to drop my kids off ( it was 9:30 am ), I call BS on that, I'm already in a bad mood cause he didn't call or text me back as a courtesy.
Went inside, the home looks like a castle, measured everything, came up to 1600+ sq ft plus 2 flights of stairs, price comes out to almost $ 800, he said wow, that's expensive ! Are you kidding me ?? That home is worth easily 5 million bucks, could be more, I told him right away, you can think about it, have a nice day !
It reminds me not to make any exception next time !
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Hate working for the rich ! Empty Re: Hate working for the rich !

Post by milspec6 Thu May 05, 2016 9:55 pm

There are a lot houses like that around here. The funny part is that I learned who was really rich and who was over-extended by jogging through town at night.

The really rich ones had every light on inside the home, nice drapes, and rooms full of furniture. The others had the same house, but only one room lit up and rooms with very little furniture seen.

When I walk into a mansion like that, I check for the amount of furniture and then I normally get a good idea if I am going to run into the broke rich guy.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri May 06, 2016 6:20 am

That person doesn't value your time or service DP
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Fri May 06, 2016 7:15 am

If I am to be honest, I LOVE working for the wealthy. It's the "middle class" people I HATE interacting with on a work level.

Those are the ones that tend to be cheap asses and time wasters. Working class here seem to have no money (unless it's play stuff like drinking or hobbies) and they think nothing of wasting your time for a "free" estimate. Then whine that it is too much for them to afford, even when you offer to break the price for cutting some work.

Sure, even with the wealthy people, you'll have some of that. But with the "working class" it seems to be a 9to1 ratio.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Fri May 13, 2016 1:40 pm

Tell him- you get what you pay for. Ask him how many people came to look at he job. I never give a price while I am on the estimate because:
1 I make mistakes when rushed
2 Id rather them receive a professional printed copy via email
3 They are not put on the spot and can make a decision unpressured
4. I like to have this printed on the bottom of the email- feel free to use it if you like.

PLease consider the following when evaluating this price quote
1. We came to your location and viewed the work to be done in person. We know what it will take to complete the job to your satisfaction.
2. We are an owner-operated firm. The owner, with over 30 years experience, will be there to process your work.  We will not be practicing on you job.
3. An over-the-phone quote will often turn into a bait and switch sales situation.  A low price is initially given and then "up-sold" when the firm is on location. The consumer usually ends up paying significantly more for a rushed, incomplete job.  We do not practice such techniques.
4. Our price quotes are not estimates - that is the price you will pay for the work quoted.
5. We are confident you will love our work - so much so that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri May 13, 2016 2:33 pm

I actually use that line a lot ("We will not be practicing on your job"). It is one of my favorites and it is also very accurate these days as many are learning on the job in this industry.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri May 13, 2016 7:06 pm

having great success with over the phone soft quotes here.      Unless your job average is well over $500-700 I dont think in person makes sense..     unless you up sell very hard for other services,   or you live in a small town/ have a small tight service radius like 5 miles or so

Our job average is currently around $350 which is great,   thats about 2 hrs in the customers home max...  easily doing 3 per day.    Still doing many high ticket jobs like $700 or more.     

Rooms do vary in size so the key is to have good communication with the customers and make sure they understand the larger rooms are counted as 1.5 or 2..   or even 3 if really large.    

We have set prices for areas,   stairs,   pet stains,   etc and have gotten very good at what questions to ask.

Our market and coverage area is wayyy too large and traffic is wayyy too much of a factor to be driving around doing estimates.       If I drive somewhere were making money 100% of the time.    

Feel like were getting it down to a science and have not run into any kind of hiccup with over the phone quotes in a very long time.    

Its all communication,    90% of the time our over the phone quote lands within 15% of final bill.    

Prep email covers many situations that could turn into disagreements.

Also use Zillow.com, that site is invaluable for our industry. Most of the time I can see the house without having to go there.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat May 14, 2016 8:06 pm

That's what I usually do, over the phone quotes because LA is huge ! And traffic is so bad here !
This guy was bragging on the phone before I set an appointment for estimate up, he said "this is not an average house, this is a 8000sq ft home, that's why I need the estimate" and I got suckered into it. Never again ! I will tell the next rich bastard that brag about the size of their home to suck it up their asses and buy a friggin tape measure and measure the damn carpets themselves.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat May 14, 2016 8:31 pm

Can't the butler measure while he drives the golf cart between the master bedroom and the guest quarters?

I guess you can't find good help these days.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat May 14, 2016 9:18 pm

dp1 wrote:That's what I usually do, over the phone quotes because LA is huge ! And traffic is so bad here !
This guy was bragging on the phone before I set an appointment for estimate up, he said "this is not an average house, this is a 8000sq ft home, that's why I need the estimate" and I got suckered into it. Never again ! I will tell the next rich bastard that brag about the size of their home to suck it up their asses and buy a friggin tape measure and measure the damn carpets themselves.

Funny how some people are huh..........most wouldn't think twice for paying the mobile car washer/detailer $400 a month ($4800 a year) to come out and keep their $100k car looking good, but for them to pay $800 a year to maintain their 30 Thousand dollars of carpet they think is outrageous!.....but then again, not everyone sees their carpet daily like they do that car, gotta keep that LA image up, screw the carpet, let it go to hell! LMAO

Last edited by Davey Cracker on Sun May 15, 2016 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun May 15, 2016 5:45 am

dp1 wrote: Never again ! I will tell the next rich bastard that brag about the size of their home to suck it up their asses and buy a friggin tape measure and measure the damn carpets themselves.
laughing That one is still ticking you DP
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brownieboy Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:53 pm

This would have been a perfect time to add in some selling language. Agree with him that the price was high but so was you level of quality in your work. Would have sold him right there.

brownieboy

http://www.deltonaflcarpetcleaning.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:24 pm

Trust me on this one, smart business person would run away from him, he has no respect of other people's time ( he was late for his appointment ), these types of people will always complain no matter how good of a job you do for them and then they are going to ask for refund / partial refund.
I decided not to spend another 15 minutes to convince him about quality work because of that reason alone.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down