Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

New wand on the way

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New wand on the way Empty New wand on the way

Post by kevinj6121 Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:03 am

Well for a long time now i have been using a 12 inch 2 jet 1.5 tube wand with my mytee LTD5 portable.
A few years ago I was still using 1.5 inch vac hose as well. I was told by many to switch to 2 inch vac hose and that the difference would be very very noticeable and alot better as well as being able to do longer hose runs.

I was skeptical but i bought a 50ft section of 2 inch vac hose and boy i couldn't believe the difference it made so i bought more of the 2 inch vac hose and thats all i use now, 2 inch vac hose right to the wand.

Most of the time a 50 ft section of hose is all i need, thats with the machine parked just outside the front door.
I could go 100 ft and still have good suction as i've tried it at home but i wouldn't do that on an actual job, if i have to go 100 foot i use my mytee air hog vac booster. I like to have as much suction as possible and won't push the portable to 100ft by itself without the booster, that thing makes a signifiant difference.

Now to the wand, as i've stated i'm still using a 12 inch 2 jet 1.5 inch tube wand, so i have to use the 2 inch to 1.5 inch reducer cuff to connect the 2 inch vac hose to my wand.

So for awhile now i've been considering going to a 12 inch 2 jet 2 inch tube wand but just wasn't sure if the difference would be noticeable enough to make it worth spending the money.

I've posted on other boards about it and the feedback is mixed.

So i decided that the only way to really find out for myself was to buy one and see for myself.
So i bit the bullet and have one on the way.
Got the wand new for a total of $245 which includes shipping and a glide
The glide will not be installed on the wand as i requested but will be shipped with it.
Just not sure if i want to use a glide or not as the feedback on to use or not to use a glide is mixed as well
A glide will most definitely make it easier to push the wand back and forth, especially on certain carpets.
Its just the water recovery question that is in question.

Does a glided wand give better water recovery or not, that is the question.
So i'll try it both ways and see for myself and come to my own conclusion on that as well.

I'll keep you all updated on my "opinion" if going to the 2 inch tube wand was worth it or not as well as the glide
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

New wand on the way Empty Re: New wand on the way

Post by milspec6 Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:50 am

A glide DOES improve your vacuum by quite a bit on commercial carpet, maybe not so much on residential. You lose some of the agitation if you need to scrub a spot with a glide, but the gains in vacuum and ease of movement is worth it.

I agree with your decision on the 2-jet. I bought into the multi-jet 4-6 jet manifolds and quite frankly I think it is actually a negative. Just more problems with jets that lose their spray patterns....2 jets are less of a headache and cost.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:54 pm

Yes
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:20 pm

I would never clean any carpet without a glide except for stairs, I disagree on the 2 jets vs 4 jets, 2 jets are definitely cheaper and easier to maintain, but 4 jets is best for me, I can go with 1.5 and have a total of 6 flows, carpet dries in hours without fans, thanks to California dry air ( most of the time ).
You should feel some difference in suction with the 2” wand, I actually have been using a 1.5” wand in the past month or so and I’m so much happier, easier going to places you think it won’t fit and there it went, less sore at the end of the day, my lower back thanks me too.
Like Terry said, customers won’t notice the extra half hour of drying time ( I actually tested that theory by cleaning in my home, one room with 1.5” wand and the other with 2” ), I pre sprayed equally and cleaned them the same way. 6 flows on both wands, 1.5” wand with 4 jets and 2” wand with 6 jets.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:09 pm

I had Joe build me a VT12 with a 1.5 inch tube about a year ago for use on apartments. I just wanted something light and would have good velocity on the suction. Things dried just as fast as my 2 inch wand.

The hose is more important than the wand tube in my opinion.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:04 pm

Well i hope there is a good enough difference with the new wand to make it worth the money, it certainly can't be worse then what i currently use.
Hopefully it won't take to long to get to me
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:48 pm

At that price, if you don't like it, you can always clean it up and sell it and you won't lose too much $$.
The other downside that I see from using a 2" tube wand is it takes time to switch from that wand to a stair wand, but then again if you are using a hose cuff reducer, then it may not take too much time, I'm using a hose whip from 2" to 1.5".
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:28 am

dp1 wrote:At that price, if you don't like it, you can always clean it up and sell it and you won't lose too much $$.
The other downside that I see from using a 2" tube wand is it takes time to switch from that wand to a stair wand, but then again if you are using a hose cuff reducer, then it may not take too much time, I'm using a hose whip from 2" to 1.5".

When i do stairs or upholstery now i just pull hose off current wand 1.5 inch and stick it on stair toll as the hose already has the 2" to 1.5" reducer on it. But once i start using the 2" tube wand my hose will just have the 2" to 2" cuff on it so i will just simply have to take that off and put the 2" to 1.5" back on, no big deal should take all of about 20 seconds
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:36 am

20 seconds for me is a huge inconvenience, lol.
It does take me about 20 seconds too to take the 2” hose off, hook up the whip hose and adjust the hose hook.
I know I’m petty and has a pretty bad case of OCD, lol.
What kind of 2” wand are you buying ? And where did you buy it from ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

New wand on the way Empty new wand on the way

Post by kevinj6121 Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:48 pm

dp1 wrote:20 seconds for me is a huge inconvenience, lol.
It does take me about 20 seconds too to take the 2” hose off, hook up the whip hose and adjust the hose hook.
I know I’m petty and has a pretty bad case of OCD, lol.
What kind of 2” wand are you buying ? And where did you buy it from ?

Some guy Tony Dang i met on facebook, its a 12" 2 jet 2 inch tube wand to be used with my mytee LTD5 portable, already using 2" vac hose striaght to the wand only to pinch it down with that reducer cuff and 1.5 tube wand. Just trying to get max performance from what I use.
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:19 pm

Just glue a reducer onto your 1.5" stair tool, then it only takes a second to attach the 2 inch hose....and you never lose it.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:18 pm

Oh Tony, he's literally my neighbor ( 30 miles from me ), he's a good guy, his products are okay, not the greatest but he can take constructive criticisms, so if you have input regarding the new wand, make sure to talk to him about it.

That's a great idea Bob ! If I work by myself and I happen to use 2" wand, I usually attach my hose whip onto the stair wand first and my hose whip has a reducer already attached to it, it helps in speeding it up a bit, may be a few seconds, the best route is with a helper ready to hand the stair wand to me, that will take seconds before I start cleaning the stairs, the helper take care of everything else.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:54 pm

I think you would have made a good surgeon Dp, you operate like you are conducting surgery. Very Happy

I am solo and more like a caveman clubbing his dinner.

New wand on the way Cavema10
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:55 am

dp1 wrote:Oh Tony, he's literally my neighbor ( 30 miles from me ), he's a good guy, his products are okay, not the greatest but he can take constructive criticisms, so if you have input regarding the new wand, make sure to talk to him about it.

That's a great idea Bob ! If I work by myself and I happen to use 2" wand, I usually attach my hose whip onto the stair wand first and my hose whip has a reducer already attached to it, it helps in speeding it up a bit, may be a few seconds, the best route is with a helper ready to hand the stair wand to me, that will take seconds before I start cleaning the stairs, the helper take care of everything else.

Cool, you know Tony Dang. I feel better about my purchase now. At least I know he is legit.
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:04 am

He is "legit", builds a ton of wands in this industry at a price point.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:35 am

milspec6 wrote:He is "legit", builds a ton of wands in this industry at a price point.

Good to know, can't wait to get it and test it out
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:48 pm

Well got that new wand today, it's nice, I like it, well built
A little heavier then my 1.5 tube wand but of course i expected that
I like the handle on the new one better

Here's what I did, i hooked up my 1.5 tube wand and felt the suction at end of wand
Then did the same with new 2" tube wand and not a significant difference but it did feel a little better I guess the real test will come "on the job"
I'll try new wand with and without the glide
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:37 pm

And so the quest begins.... Very Happy

The differences between the two regarding vacuum will depend on your jet selection and the width of the vacuum slot. When I first purchased my Mach 15 it had the SS metal glide that vacuum slot was HUGE. I thought the recovery was poor due to low velocity/lift, but once a teflon glide was added which narrowed the width of that slot, the vacuum was great.

It also matters on what surface you are working with being CGD, deep pile, or a berber. It is one of the reasons I travel with multiple wands otherwise just remove the glide as needed.

My guess is that you will prefer the glide and that 2" tube in most situations.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:54 am

milspec6 wrote:And so the quest begins.... Very Happy

The differences between the two regarding vacuum will depend on your jet selection and the width of the vacuum slot.  When I first purchased my Mach 15 it had the SS metal glide that vacuum slot was HUGE.  I thought the recovery was poor due to low velocity/lift, but once a teflon glide was added which narrowed the width of that slot, the vacuum was great.

It also matters on what surface you are working with being CGD, deep pile, or a berber.  It is one of the reasons I travel with multiple wands otherwise just remove the glide as needed.

My guess is that you will prefer the glide and that 2" tube in most situations.

Yes I agree that the type of carpet will make a difference and play a part.

The glide that came with this wand slides on and off without much trouble so switching back and forth
will not be an issue at all.

However, because it slides on and off very easy it doesn't seal 100% it would be better to put it on then seal it with some type of caulking so there is no leaks and just leave it on.

But then i couldn't switch back and forth at will, so maybe some good wide clear type of tape that can be easily pealed off would work.
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:28 am

I believe it is Red Devil that makes a removable silicon window caulking. It goes on clear and acts like rubber cement which can be pealed off. I sealed my windows last year with them and it is a great product...not sure if the little bit of vacuum would pull it away or not, but might be worth a try.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:20 am

milspec6 wrote:I believe it is Red Devil that makes a removable silicon window caulking.  It goes on clear and acts like rubber cement which can be pealed off.  I sealed my windows last year with them and it is a great product...not sure if the little bit of vacuum would pull it away or not, but might be worth a try.

Thats a very good idea thanks, it would just take running a small bead on each side to seal it. If its fast drying that would be good to
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:30 pm

https://www.amazon.com/Red-Devil-0606-Removable-10-1-Ounce/dp/B001EKHNRS
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:34 am

Cool thanks for that link
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:32 pm

Keep in mind if you're comparing dry times, there are quite a bit of other factors that affect dry times, even if you are cleaning the same room and do one side with one wand and the other side with another wand, it can still generate different results because you spray one side slightly more presprays without you noticing.
Other factors as you already know are jet sizes, glide quality, wand lines ( one can have regular 1/4" and the other one small metal line ), distance from jets to carpet, shear kit angle, etc.
Good luck comparing and let us know the difference soon.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:41 am

All good points dp comparing dry times with two different wands easier said then done i'm sure the difference is not going to be that drastic anyway so basiclly it will come down to which wand i like using better
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next