Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

How much crap do you have in your van?

+4
ACpower1
Mo
milspec6
Ryan S
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How much crap do you have in your van? Empty How much crap do you have in your van?

Post by Ryan S Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:34 pm

Cleaned my Van out today. Took me about 2 1/2 hours. My purpose was to get it cleaned up and reduces some of the unnecessary items that pile up. I have worked at it for about two years to reduce the needed chems on the shelf, you will see about half of what I used to carry. After the video I removed about 1/3 of what was shown. Enjoy the humor if it all.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

How much crap do you have in your van? Empty Re: How much crap do you have in your van?

Post by Ryan S Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:52 pm

Here is a picture of my chem shelf after I was done. I removed the middle shelf to allow more room in between shelves. That also allowed room for the easy access pump dispenser on my WK and 100% Joedercide.

How much crap do you have in your van? Image_zps96d3c70f
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

How much crap do you have in your van? Empty Re: How much crap do you have in your van?

Post by milspec6 Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:01 pm

I just went through the same thing last week after my van looked more like a German U-boat than a cleaning van. I was so frustrated by it that I contacted Mark Saiger for some help and he was able to send me some great pictures of how he organizes his stuff around the butler unit...thanks again Mark.

I was watching you point out all the crap and found myself just as guilty....yes, I own a jug of rug restorer and that darn dye kit. Heck, I even bought the master dying guide with the color slides...could have purchased a new wand with what I wasted on that stuff.

Beyond that, I am starting to worry that those drums of S/O came with a curse...you started to sound like Joe in the middle of that video. Now if we can start to think more like him, our vans wouldn't become such a disaster. Probably be down to 3-4 jugs of chemicals.

I would hate to see what the inside of a box truck or Sprinter must look like since the more open space you have, the worst the clutter. Believe me on this one, I am currently filling a dumpster with all the clutter from my garage this weekend. I found parts to vehicles that I haven't owned in 15 years...why do we keep this stuff?
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:22 pm

Yep, I was looking a stuff I have taken apart and fixed. Still have the broken parts. Why???? I got bad QD in the van. It pains me to throw them out. I feel like they can be repaired. Anyway maybe this will stir up some spring cleaning and then some phones might start ringing. Hahaha
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:23 pm

Not. As much as you Ryan I wanna see how iit looks when you put it all back that TNT looks sweet
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:44 pm

I also recently simplified

1gal s/o (drum filling bottles)
1gal s/o/e
1gal s/o/o (this lasts a really long time)
27% peroxide in small pump bottle Joe gave me
1gal natural orange (gotta have this for filtration lines and microfiber upholstery)
1gal matrix all fiber rinse
small spotting/tool bag that also has turbo tool/brushes/sliders/tabs/foam blocks

thats it for chems

then we have

wand
360i
stair tool
sapphire
air mover
crb
vacuum

if you havent yet spent 500.00 on a large waterclaw, but you already have a rotary..... dont do it waste of money imo

I would buy a small claw for convenience, but I havent found that the large water claw really does anything more than rotary can do already

tried it side by side, cant see any difference and its just a fancy piece of plastic for 500.00
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:55 pm

That large water claw is a valuable to those who do water extractions. No way a wand or rotary and pull that water out of the padding. BTW any body ever use that helix extractor that was out a few years ago?

Oops hijacked my own thread.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:47 pm

Holding pattern over Cuba tonight.... Razz 
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ryan S Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:45 pm

Over pay I did. $299 SunbeltUSA. When I was taking that second self out I thought, I can get this stuff at lowes and make it. Like I told you before Joe, sure wish I knew you when I bought that unit, it would look vastly different in that van than it does now. You know that order you showed of your customer with the 2.5 lil better hose. That's gonna be me in about two months. The call will be coming soon as it warms up some. Can't say how upset I am about Sunbelt.

The sells mgr was a big help early on, but as the years went by I felt more like a account number than a valued client. The lip service that I was getting just made my stomach turn.

Anyways Happy Days Are Here  bounce 

Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:40 am

Very nice organization Terry. That truck van is great
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:01 am

There sure is a lot of rel estate available in that truck. Is that your fuel tank in red behind the machine? Did you guys notice the bottle of booze on the RX?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:06 pm

Lol. I do now
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:51 pm

I do have a lot of crap in my van, and do use most of it because I do so many types of cleaning and restoration....but there's always somethings that don't get used often or anymore, that I usually try to weed out as I come across them.   Smile 

I like to be prepared when I come accost a mess like this, so I can deal with it......

How much crap do you have in your van? Photo_56

How much crap do you have in your van? Photo_57
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:16 pm

Hey Dave, is that a poor grout application? If so how do you fix that?
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:20 pm

Not booze...that is lube for the RX. It just happens to be the same proof. Laughing 
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by sam miller Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:48 pm

A boat load of stuff

sam miller

http://www.sammillerscarpetcare.net

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:46 am

sam miller wrote:A boat load of stuff

When I went back and read that title, I was wishing that I just replied "Too much and not enough" as that is the true situation.

I like the summary by Sam...so true.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:23 am

How much crap do you have in your van? Th_image_zpsc28cd2c5

It is still tight, but more organized and I was able to unload some unnessary items.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:32 am

I have to get a real carpet cleaning shelf. It takes up a lot less room that the shelf my van came with
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:35 am

I can send ya a couple of pictures of that one. I'm sure you can find a machine shop to manufacture one for you much less than the $300 I got in that shelf. That shelf in materials can't cost more than $50.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:03 am

That plastic welding tip by Terry was a good one. I think a plastic shelf is the way to go...less rusting or chemical reactions from containers. Probably quieter as well.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:57 am

milspec6 wrote:That plastic welding tip by Terry was a good one.  I think a plastic shelf is the way to go...less rusting or chemical reactions from containers.  Probably quieter as well.

I would agree but wonder how much the materials are.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next