Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

At least carpet cleaner did not make this list

+4
REALCLEAN
milspec6
ACpower1
Fred H
8 posters

Go down

At least  carpet cleaner did not make this list Empty At least carpet cleaner did not make this list

Post by Fred H Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:48 pm

Although a couple of them are close.

http://www.oddee.com/item_96873.aspx
Fred H
Fred H

http://www.fredscarpetcavalry.com

Back to top Go down

At least  carpet cleaner did not make this list Empty Re: At least carpet cleaner did not make this list

Post by ACpower1 Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:36 pm

I had to use a guy from labor ready once when I was in the landscape construction business, we needed a big area excavated and there was no access for our bobcat

He was so happy I chose him to come that day because he said otherwise he was going to get picked up by a company that was using labor ready workers for scrubbing fuel tanks down in the marina

it was 90 out that day, I guess they didnt have a machine that did it so they needed guys to climb down inside and scrub residue off the walls of the tanks for 8hrs

I saw another list like this a few months back and roofer was the #1 worst job in the usa, most under paid hardest work... imagine doing that in arizona or texas when its over 100 outside

with the heat reflection they say it feels like 120+ degrees
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

At least  carpet cleaner did not make this list Empty Re: At least carpet cleaner did not make this list

Post by milspec6 Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:43 pm

Back as teen, I used to work security at a meat processing plant. Once a week, a guy would come in and suck out the blood pits. It would take him about 30 minutes to drop a hose down into the holding tank and suck it up into his tanker truck.....puking the whole time!

I worked there for a full summer and I would watch this guy puke for 30 minutes once a week, he never could stop. He told me that the smell, view, or even sound of the chunks passing through the hose was enough to make him vomit.

Some days he would show up all depressed that his wife made him eat pancakes before work and how the syrup was tough to puke up. He looked like hell when he was done.

To me, that should have been on the list! Of course, he was paid 2k for that job, he had geat abs (bad teeth), and he only worked 30 minutes per week. I still couldn't do that for a living.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:36 pm

I've done a suicide clean up before. Shotgun under the chin.

That. Was. Nasty.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:41 pm

REALCLEAN wrote:I've done a suicide clean up before.  Shotgun under the chin.  

That. Was. Nasty.

Yikes, at least your guy succeeded. Mine flinched with a sawed off .410 and put the shot through his throat on the right side. Actually survived the shot, but bled to death from the artery ending up on the bedroom wall. Sad 
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:44 pm

gross, i definitely could not or wouldnt want to do those jobs... I draw the line at pet urine pretty much

ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:49 pm

Its really not that bad. I have not done one but have walked two suicide scenes. There is nothing you can do to change the unfortunate event except help to relieve the pain by giving them back a safe environment.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:08 pm

Ryan S wrote:Its really not that bad. I have not done one but have walked two suicide scenes. There is nothing you can do to change the unfortunate event except help to relieve the pain by giving them back a safe environment.

That's the right attitude.  The secret is to seperate the mess from the person...approach it in a clinical way to take the human out of the equation.  A lot of the guys I used to work with had the problem of seeing the results and thinking about a person that they have emotional attachment too....at that point game over.
I think guys who hunt are better at this kind of work since they are okay with field dressing a deer and can take the empathy out of it.

The only time that I couldn't perform on those jobs is when it inovolved a child.  In fact, the last time I did a crime scene, the mother and 2 daughters (age 3 and 4) were killed by a corn knife and beheaded by the father.  Couldn't handle that one....quit the next day.

Last edited by milspec6 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:14 pm

Rob, were you working for another company or was this your company? To me I approach it as setting up a safe parameter for everyone. Just building on that to the site clean up and back to site tear down and open safe environment. I processed the one I did today in that manner. It's more like creating a system front start to finish before you actually implement.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:24 pm

That's a good strategy, setting up the hot zone and then reduced protection zones out. It is important to control everyone in those environments, so if you have helpers, watch them like a hawk.

Do you use any zip walls or interested in using them? They really are great at sealing off a space to control your protection zones as well as providing the option to include negative air in your exposure zone. Not super important on most jobs, but it can really maximize your safety. If you were closer, I would hook you up with some negative air machines....have 7 of them now just collecting dust.

I was a part-owner of that company....my role was a site consultant, so I would set-up the containment and established the protocols for the job. That was my military field for 12 years.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ryan S Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:46 pm

Rob, the amount of supplies I have can fit in a medium size box. I got to pick your mind, need help one the supply stock side of things. What I have is a starter kit, with a few extras.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by REALCLEAN Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:47 am

I've only done one. The smell of human flesh was pretty disturbing. It stayed with me for a month.

Field dressing a deer smells terrible, but once you're done, its over.

Dead human is a much different smell. I don't recommend it. (Unless all other weight loss methods have failed. It ruins an appetite.)
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:18 pm

back to the original topic

a carpet cleaner who advertises with groupon would easily make this list, 3 rooms for 89 bucks -groupon takes half

44.50 in your pocket minus gas, chems, wear and tear, insurance = 10 bucks?

they called me and thats the only offer they let you do for carpet cleaning, but wait! they will sell 3 thousand jobs for you

whats 3 thousand x 44.50, they will write the check... sounds tempting for someone starving for business

but have fun doing the worst job ever for the next 5 years, 120k will be long gone by then

and they wonder why so many people cant redeem their groupon because the restaurant or whatever went out of business
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomer Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:11 pm

Flatus Odor Judge is the only one I may be over-qualified for............ Embarassed
Goomer
Goomer
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:13 pm

I think the Buckingham Palace guard was rated to high on the list
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down