Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

I changed.....

+4
Pro Touch
milspec6
Mo
Ryan S
8 posters

Go down

I changed..... Empty I changed.....

Post by Ryan S Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:53 am

My rinse product. After almost four years cleaning. This is the only area I have never found a rinse that I love. I've used probably 8 different ones, mostly neutral to alkaline. The most resent has been Harvards Heavy Extraction. I cut the rate in half and meter on 2. Only thing I didn't like was it foamed out of my water box bad.

So I changed again. Lol

I am using Chemeisters Master Extractor. Link. http://chemeistersusa.com/Master_Extractor.html

This is a neutral cleaner, which I like, cause it helps maintain some cleaning power. It also has a deo included which has a spring clean scent, not to strong though. I like a small tracker smell for my nose so I know the rinse in flowing, but don't want a strong scent left behind. I also like that it is a liquid, which helps with quick mixing and servicing the rinse jug. Best of all No More Foaming at the water box.

So far I like this product, and have put it to a good test in different soiling conditions.

What do you guys us, and have you bounced around with your rinse chemistry like I have?  reading 
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

I changed..... Empty Re: I changed.....

Post by Mo Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:14 am

I never used a rinse so I have no experience with them. Is that bad?
So it brings the carpet back to neutral if your using a high PH  cleaners? Makes the carpet softer? What are the other benefits?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:35 am

Mo wrote:I never used a rinse so I have no experience with them. Is that bad?
So it brings the carpet back to neutral if your using a high PH  cleaners? Makes the carpet softer? What are the other benefits?

I don't really subscribe to the soft pH thing. Before I get attacked by the chem police. I have used acid, leaves the the carpet in the "right" pH. High alkaline emulsifier, leaves the carpet crunchy. No chems at al, just clear water rinse. To be honest I've be behind them all. What matters to me is if it has cleaning power. If you rinse your carpet well and have a good balance in your chems, having your rate correct, then you can clean carpet and leave it in a soft, long lasting clean state.

Final thought, "You" do the research, and make the final say on what is best for your cleaning system.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:54 am

I've bounced around a lot on this matter. I never really liked emulsifying rinses and normally used neutralizing rinses like "All-Fiber Rinse" which has a nice scent or Pro's Choice "Last Step".

My goal on residential is to return the carpet to a neutral ph (only way to tell is to test it with ph pen) and leave it soft with a mild fragrance, but it is different on commercial.

On commercial, I switched a year ago to Pro's Choice SCR which is a crystallizing rinse that smells like coconut to me...really like the scent and it fights the wicking. Later in the year, I went to Joe's S/O/E for the crystallizing rinse and liked it even better...although I miss the coconut scent.

As of a month ago, I removed the chem pump and capped it off due to continued issues with it sucking air into the pump. So, now I am a just a soft water rinse guy at least until I decide to deal with the chemical feed system again this spring.

milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro Touch Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:11 pm

I had to change my rinse to just water the other day when my chem meter stopped metering. But I also changed my prespray from S/O to S/O/E when this happened because I still wanted to have the benefit of on encapsulant. I honestly couldn't tell the difference on the outcome between the two methods.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:51 pm

The main reason I use a neutral to alkaline rinse is to help buffer the cleaning system.
It's a strange way of mentally processing it, but it seems to compute with me.  reading
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:49 pm

I have never been a fan of extraction detergents / rinse agent, I do use them but I dilute them less than half of what they recommend, I currently am using prochem xl-333 liquid extraction detergents, however I'm open to try this chemeister detergents if you say it's good. I wonder if they do a sample size.
A question for you Ryan, when you say it foam your water box, are you talking about your TNT machine ?
As far as I know boxxer 421 is using a last step chemical injection system and if it foams your water box, that's a sign that you need a new diaphragm for your chem pump.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:42 pm

Yes the Judson. Foam just rolls out of that box. I hated that. I like things to be clean. That was not.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Floorguy Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:22 pm

Couple things here....

the judson is NOT a last step, injection, it is sucked in on the inlet side of the pump...SOOOO when not pumping water to the wand it recircs back to the box through the regulator...thus some foaming

which brings me to #2.....if its foaming...its probably not what you want on the carpet, as it has a few to many "things" in it soaps....

try judsons 02 rinse, or magic wands magic potion....both have water softening agents, and are at 7 or slightly below....

only use a emulsifier on nasty stuffs, when you need that extra punch
Floorguy
Floorguy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.paynelessfloorcare.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:50 am

I have been using Kleerite PCX for years now, but at $105 for a 25 lb refill bag it's getting a little expensive. I also mix it at at half strength. They advertise it as Biodegradable,Non-toxic and Green. I always clean green so I am always tinkering with alternatives that work well and can improve the bottom line. I am going to give these a try.
http://www.ecos.com/ecospacks.html
It's a powder so it shouldn't re-soil excessively. Only thing that has me worried is the enzyme component. Sometimes they can smell funky if not rinsed out. Sounds crazy to try it out, but basically carpets are textiles just like clothes. Who knows? Might work great. Can get it at your local grocery and costs about $.50 per pack. If you told me 2 years ago that I would be buying chems at a pool store, I would tell you that your crazy!
I frequently use this to clean upholstery natural fiber upholstery.
http://www.safonique.com/?page_id=5
Can be charged with HP when needed. Ph can be boosted by adding washing soda ( sodium carbonate) when needed. On really soiled stuff that's synthetic I just add a little citrus solvent booster. This stuff uses organic lavander for it's scent, Best smelling product out there. Just used it to clean a 15 lf sectional made of a natural blend ( Cotton/rayon/ silk?). Great results. Don't be afraid to think outside the box!
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:14 pm

I here ya floor guy. Although some of that is not completely true in my experience. I have used many different types of rinse agents and non have foamed like this one. I always cut the emulsifier in half recommended rate. No problem with retooling or fiber texture. 

But your description of the Judson system is true. Not a big fan of that though. But simple is simple.  

The rinse from chemister is a neutral and has been a good product all around so far.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mworkman Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:23 pm

I really like encap punch from excellent supply: it has solvency, surfactants, and encapsulates anything left behind. Great results.

mworkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:30 pm

mworkman wrote:I really like encap punch from excellent supply: it has solvency, surfactants, and encapsulates anything left behind.  Great results.

That stuff is expensive for a rinse. May I suggest S/O/E from wanders supply. Probably $18 cheaper and more versatile. Punch is a good product though.

Do a search here for soils and oils encap. Or S/O/E.  reading 
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:39 pm

I don't think Punch is a rinse When I first started I tried encap DS and it just didn't agree with me.

Welcome to the forum Workman.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:12 am

Mo wrote:I don't think Punch is a rinse When I first started I tried encap DS and it just didn't agree with me.

Welcome to the forum Workman.
Mo, it is labeled for rinse use. I think it's 24-32 oz in the rinse jug. Is that right workman?
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:25 am

This thread makes me eager to try different rinse, dang it Ryan Razz
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:08 am

Haha. You may end up with a rinse complex like I have.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down