Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

A small observation of the price on a flojet pump

5 posters

Go down

A small observation of the price on a flojet pump Empty A small observation of the price on a flojet pump

Post by Pat Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:21 pm

I had spoken with the guy who builds the multisprayer electric spray1. You know, the little red sprayer. Any how I had a problem with my pump and asked him if it was difficult to replace it and he said no, it's pretty simple. He says the pump is only about $25. I say okay that seems reasonable. I figured that he gets it cheaper and he figured in what the supplier would mark it up to.

I got around to fixing it yesterday and the pump was $47 and change from the supplier. I had to return to the supplier to get the fittings because it never came with them. The old ones fell apart when I tried to take them off and one of the elbows had a spring and a small rubber piece inside. I thought that it was weird so I asked the supplier if they could call the guy and ask him if this was some special piece so they called and we asked him. After being a little confused of the question, they asked me if I would like to speak with him so I did. He understood what I was telling him and said there is no spring in the elbow and it was from the bad pump.

He said that he ships the pumps with the elbow and other fitting already attached and it should be about $25. So after I was finished talking with him, I gave them the phone back and told them he said the pump he ships was supposed to be about $25, Suspect what's going on here? The person I was working with said I don't know let me ask him what the number is so I can look it up. She looks it up and it came up at $51 and change.

This is a little oscillating 50 psi pump that is used in all electric sprayers. Has anybody replaced this pump? What did it cost you? Question 
Pat
Pat

Back to top Go down

A small observation of the price on a flojet pump Empty Re: A small observation of the price on a flojet pump

Post by Ryan S Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:29 pm

Do you want to say where you bought it? Joe just set me straight on this very topic. Lol.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

A small observation of the price on a flojet pump Empty Re: A small observation of the price on a flojet pump

Post by Pat Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:45 pm

Local interlink. I'm afriad that's all there is here. The other supplier doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.
Pat
Pat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:58 pm

Lol. Ok I will remind you what Joe reminded me. "Call me first, give me the opportunity to locate it. I can save you some money. "

This is not about kicking these big suppliers. It's about exposing there poor tactics and leveling the playing field.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:55 pm

Great reminder Ryan. I just wasn't thinking when I did it.🐘 
Pat
Pat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:48 pm

Years ago I spoke to the owner Multi Sprayer and he told me they were going away from the flojet and recommended an aquatec. The flo jet o my electric MS started leaking after about a year. The aquatec has been going strong for years
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:05 pm

Not surprised on the mark-up gang, see it all the time around here as well.  Some industries are rotten with them, take jewelry for example.  I used to date a manager for a very well known company and she told me that all items are marked up about 300%!

Sounds like your local is marking up 100%, no wonder we are always broke Shocked
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spot Doc Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:47 am

I have not looked inside my MultiSprayer don't use it much. I had a few HF/Hudsons the pumps lasted a little over a year. I found this seller on ebay and purchased several for replacements.
They may work on MS worth checking on the spec's. He also lists some diaphragm air driven pumps on occasion that I believe would be ideal for pumping from the 55 gal drum for the SO.
I use the Pepsi sprayer most of the time now. I purchased a 12V  high volume compressor from the same seller. Its hard wired in the truck fills my 5 gal tank in about 2.5 min. He sells a lot of these for the Train Horn applications. I used a $5.00 relay and toggle switch. I'm always seeking value as most Real Cleaners do!
I can't post the link but PM me and I'll send it if you're in need.

The Spot Doc

http://www.drygreenofva.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down