Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

First swing at expanding residential markets

+3
Pablos
dp1
milspec6
7 posters

Go down

First swing at expanding residential markets Empty First swing at expanding residential markets

Post by milspec6 Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:23 pm

Being mainly a commercial cleaner who only cleans residential through referrals, I am a novice at attracting new residential customers through advertising.  For commercial contracts, I just bang on the door and sell them on how I can benefit their business, but I didn't really see banging on doors as a good idea for residential.  I don't want to be so invasive and pushy.

What I ended up doing was posting door hangers with an attached magnetic business card instead.  I hit all the neighboring towns to try and get my name out there realizing that their is very little competition in the smaller towns...most don't have any.  Even with maybe only 5,000 citizens, not having competition makes that a solid bet that I will get a good ROI.

So far, it has kept me very busy.  It has only been out there for a few days, but I have been very busy since.  Today, I had 3 houses in a very wealthy rural area to clean.  It was a challenging day going from 8 am this morning to finishing up around 8 pm tonight due to a fair amount of travel and longer set-ups caused by poor access points.

At least when I finished the last job, the customer invited me out to the new salt-water pool to have a drink before loading everything back into the van.  Let me tell you, that doesn't happen on commercial jobs...I might be able to get used to this bounce 

First swing at expanding residential markets Relax10
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

First swing at expanding residential markets Empty Re: First swing at expanding residential markets

Post by dp1 Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:17 pm

Congratz Rob, you're going to enjoy residential work  Very Happy 
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

First swing at expanding residential markets Empty Re: First swing at expanding residential markets

Post by Pablos Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:36 pm

Well done milspec6 !!!!!! Residential market=money right away. Very necessary for us as O/O business. Good luck with your marketing.

Pablos

http://www.bairescarpet.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:39 pm

Res., I think is the way to go....

Get paid good and quickly, Daily!!  wink 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:04 pm

nice! why do people have salt water pools? I faintly remember going to a community pool when I was prob about 10yrs old and it was salt water

residential is where its at for sure in seattle, commercial is so competitive I think some cleaners pay the restaurant to clean it for them... lol -.08c/sq ft beat that!
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:22 pm

ACpower1 wrote:nice!    why do people have salt water pools?   I faintly remember going to a community pool when I was prob about 10yrs old and it was salt water

residential is where its at for sure in seattle,    commercial is so competitive I think some cleaners pay the restaurant to clean it for them...   lol   -.08c/sq ft    beat that!

Unless they do a DAILY maintenance plan, I would pass on that in a heart beat, my biggest commercial account is a property management company that manages 40 building around LA and I charge $ 0.15 / sq ft every 3 months minimum 7 buildings, most 3 stories high, I don't think I can touch restaurants less than $ 0.20 / sq ft even if they do it once every 3 months.
Commercial is a PITA especially in the summer, I just got done with 9 buildings last week, the last one is 5 stories high, the work sucks big time, had to pull all 300 ft of hoses, the best thing on that particular building is when I send the invoice, almost $ 1000 for hallways only and stairs  cheers 
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:30 pm

Good luck with the residential marketing Rob. You can do it. Now you'll have dogs nipping at your hells. Customers following you around and "helping" you with the hoses etc.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:51 pm

Commercial can be a real pita, but I think that it is easier to get follow-up business than residential. When you clean a house, they might refer you to neighbors and friends, but on commercial, you have the referrals coming from every employee and their family / friends.

The numbers are in your favor with commercial.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:11 pm

Salt water is easier maintenance.

That's cool Rob.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:43 pm

I heard it was better on the skin too
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down