Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

how do u guys get residential with out the internet?

+4
carpetdaddy
Davey Cracker
milspec6
OneBlueSummer
8 posters

Go down

how do u guys get residential with out the internet? Empty how do u guys get residential with out the internet?

Post by OneBlueSummer Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:49 pm

Whats exactly working for you?
For every $100 spent how many calls?
Lay it out please!

Also when doing adwords and ranking in the top three how many calls a day do u get?
Are there ever days u get No calls or clicks?
For every $100 spent how many calls?

Thanks dudes!
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

how do u guys get residential with out the internet? Empty Re: how do u guys get residential with out the internet?

Post by milspec6 Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:16 pm

Without the internet? Just being seen in the neighborhood....a lot!

I used to plaster my cards on gas pumps and post offices. I would park my van in the front row at the movie theaters. Hell, I even drove the van in a small town parade once to get my name out there while throwing candy wrapped in a services flyer.

My point is that to do it without the internet, you have to be creative and with the least amount of cost. Maybe offer a charity drive where you will clean throw rugs for free in an open parking lot just to get attention. Everything is fair game.

Then again, maybe that is why I am doing 80% commercial these days. Embarassed 
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

how do u guys get residential with out the internet? Empty Re: how do u guys get residential with out the internet?

Post by OneBlueSummer Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:02 pm

Thanks.. I guess I am more curious on what advertising is working well and exacts.
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:31 am

Heck, I don't even have a website yet, working on that now.  laughing 

Any internet jobs a get come from Yelp, which is unpaid advertizing.  cheers 

So almost all my jobs come the same way they always have, repeat customers and referrals mostly.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carpetdaddy Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:48 am

Whatever you do (direct mail, adwords, door hangers, etc) just make sure you have an appealing ad, a good offer, and do it consistently so that you build name recognition. If your service is good you should start noticing bigger returns every month as your name recognition and word of mouth grow. Also, make sure you ask every customer to tell a friend or two about you.
carpetdaddy
carpetdaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.CarpetDaddys.com

Back to top Go down

Post by psgugrad Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:57 pm

I do websites on the side...dirt cheap...cancelled my ph book ad 6 years ago.  I'm at (309) 21-CLEAN if you're interested.

-Mike Norris
On the Spot Carpet Cleaning

PS: A good website will give a great boost to your business, but referrals should always be your main source of new clients.

psgugrad

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:12 pm

Welcome to the forum Mike
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:31 pm

What is your unique selling point? What makes you different from any other CC? It has to be different and appealing to the customer! And looking like 'Fabio" won't do it.
now take that USP and screen it out , any way you can.
-do a drawing of 1 free room at some of the up-scale salons. You want to see the word spread like wild fire?!
-support/sponsor local H.S. basket ball with half time contest. Get one of the clubs to run it-sell $1 a ticket. Person drawn shoots a free throw then a 3 pointer and WIN dinner for 2 @ ...?
-be part of a food drive and make sure local media get a press release about how you are doing your part to help the community.
-have some days that you offer veterans specials!
-offer an on time arrival guarantee.
Go to the library and get some books about small business guerilla marketing. Tons on info.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:05 pm

I know you didn't want to discuss the internet but I'm killing it with Angies. Get the ball rolling with that and it will pay huge dividends and they're not price sensitive.

I got off the ground by sending post cards to high income high value neighborhoods and did pretty well with that. The repeat customers I got from that has paid for the mailers multiple times over

I couch and sponsor in the YMCA youth basketball league. The green uniforms have my company name and they also have a sponsor appreciation day.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:08 pm

Thanks to those who gave exact examples of what they have done in the past.

I have done a couple of charity things and they have done well.

I do ask everysingle customer for reviews etc and because I am such a new business it is a very tough thing to get to work as most places deny/delete reviews because the person just signed up and dont see them as actual people and are flaged as faked. ex. Google and Yelp
Facebook has the best retention so far for ease of use and reviews actually showing up mainly because most people have facebooks already.
To bad google doesn't keep the game fair and delete all reviews that are older than a couple years
ex. my competitors has tons of fake reviews.

Weird thing is last year I actually got about 30% better return on my paper ads I was doing vs this year. The economy here is still tanking hard. I do my part and support local places as much as I can ( which also gets me business ) but places are just closing up shop almost daily. Within 2 miles of my place I can easly list of 20-30 business that have closed. Many that have been around for decades. My CPA ( largest CPA in my city ) lets me know I am not alone in my findings of my area.

I know I sound like a negative Nancy but numbers and examples dont lie.

I thank God I have been able to squeeze out all that I have thus far in my journey. I just happen to know the meaning of insanity and keep my head in charge instead of my heart.

I am still busier than at least 70% of the local cleaners in my area and am thankfull that I have been able to get to where I am at, especially with starting with a couple hundred dollars in my hand last year.

I am still going to keep pushing and and have a couple more marketing ideas I am going to try.

Adwords being one of them ... I just started my first campain a couple weeks ago and had it on for 6 days (while ranking in the top 3 and yes I had a unique ad and an offer in the ad ) with out 1 click.

0rez came here at the exact right time and just took over like I have never seen. Absolutely amazing what they have accomplished here. As I am slowly whittling away their customers I can't help but look up to the dude. Lucky for me soon after I launched he starting doing less advertising and took down all 10+ billboards. As they even took 4 trucks down to TriCities to take over that area. I wonder if someday soon they will have to do something drastic because I know they could be that case where they blew up to quick and over broadened their self's.

I really wanted to hear your guys actual response/cost/retention rate on specific ads. I know how to localize myself and market on the street and need no help with that. There is just so much one guy can do to where. You need to start advertising to get jobs. And I understand repeat business, and the rest of marketing/business basics. Maybe some more advanced specific things.. like, most commercial places I do I offer them an "incentive" to let me put my sticker ( vinyl with company name website logo etc ) right next to the front door on the window so everytime someone walks in they see it.
Or
I rank in the 1st position on adwords with blank ad, and get 20 calls a week with 50 clicks and I live in a town of blank population and sometimes dont get calls for 3 or 4 days then all of a sudden I get 20 calls in one day..
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Charlie,

Didn't you just relocate to that area? What's it been two years? Sounds like you're doing fine keep  your head up, be patient and keep plugin away. My first year here I had to stock shelves at night to get through the winter you'll be fine man.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:38 pm

ditch your business cards and just use magnets, actually we buy the magnet backings business card size....

we gave out 500 magnets this year, if its a rental or unoccupied just stick it on the fridge

youll be surprised how long it will stay there and be seen everyday
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down