Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

soils n oils + CRB

+11
ACpower1
Seaswril
Danb
Fuzzsucker
Davey Cracker
William Simpson
ODIN
milspec6
Ken Raddon
Ryan S
Joe Bristor
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

soils n oils + CRB Empty Re: soils n oils + CRB

Post by Ryan S Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:17 am

I dont pre scrub. I can answer a few parts of this thread though.

Yes, DfE is providing a healthier environment for us and our clients. No more coughing!

Bottom Line:

I am saving at least $18 per gallon when we buy bulk soils and oils as compared to other products on the market.

Soils N Oils bulk $20.00 a gallon
Other Product Lines avg. $38 a gallon.

On top of cost per gallon we save an enormous amount in shipping cost per year with free shipping of the 55 gallon drum of Soils n Oils.

At an avg cost of $28 a case products, and ordering what seemed to be every month that got old fast.

Not having to order supply on a regular basses has help me focus on more important items like operations.

I am too cheap to buy the crb at this point. I know it works, I know it would improve cleaning, I know it will not take much more on production time, not to mention its versatility, (pre scrub, encap, tile and grout scrub, ect.) but I just cant pop on it at this time.

Bottom line affect is I saved lots of money with the above benefits when we started buying 55 gallon Soils n Oils. I bought two last years.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:05 am

I have a CRB and used it a couple dozen times and now I never do. If I am going to scrub it's going to be with a 175 and fiber plus pads.

A word about scrubbing and Soils and Oils too...

I have found that some presprays scrub better. I mean that there's a noticable difference when you prescrub S/O and not so much with some other presprays.

I know you could nuke your prespray and get it just as clean as you can by using something safer and prescrubing but did you know that the time you spend prescrubbing can be deducted from your time using the wand. At almost a one to one ratio. Meaning if you spend 15 minutes prescrubbing you're going to be spending almost exactly 15 minutes less extracting.

Here's a hint: If you mix S/O one part water to three parts S/O you get one of the best spotters you'll find anywhere. Side note: I mix up a gallon of this super spotter at a time and pour it into a quart bottle in carry in my pouch. Now if I need to nuke that, I pour an ounce of Energy by CTI into the quart bottle (I call this liquid Fels) and then I go back to regular super spotter strength on the next job. I tried Citrus boosters and they all ruin the sprayer in less than a day. I tried oxy boosters and they didn't give me the extra kick Energy does.

So carry this bottle on you somehow and while you're scrubbing in your prespray and you come across a nasty area/spot hit it with this super spotter and scrub it a bit more.

I know this isn't quite what you asked Joe, but I am snowed in here and find myself rambling on about this subject.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:46 am

did you know that the time you spend prescrubbing can be deducted from your time using the wand. At almost a one to one ratio. Meaning if you spend 15 minutes prescrubbing you're going to be spending almost exactly 15 minutes less extracting

Never looked at it that way, very interesting. I am also surprised you don't use the crb as much as the 175...is that just due to comfort or does it really do a better job of scrubbing for your?
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:49 am

Ken, I think that is exactly what Joe was curious about. Yes that makes since about the extra time working the wand or spotters in to get the result with out the pre scrub. That is the answer that I have yet to experience because I have yet to prescrub anything as far as carpet. Sometimes it's just a hard sell. And at $1,000 + that's a reall hard sell for me. Maybe I'll look into a 15" 175. (Used of course). Thanks good info there Ken. I have also seen the supper spotter at work too. Good stuff.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:28 am

Terry what are you saying your pre scribing with when needed? Your post is a little light on description.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by William Simpson Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:50 pm

We use S/O almost with every job- carpet, upholstery as well as tile. We usr crb on every job to pre-scrub , We feel that the time we use the crb saves us on the wand as well. Joe has saved us a ton in chemical cost-- we buy the drum, use 3oz per gallon, use periixide when needed. On the last stock up day we purchased only avenge spotter from Interlink, we give as well sell the spotter to our clients. I once was a Prochem ultra pac user-- about 22 years worth, We normally used 36 gallons per year, I bought the drum in june of 2012, still have the same drum. It has definitely saved us money. With the use of s/o we hardly ever have to use outside spotters- as well thanks to the crb action. We have been able to turn the pressure down, we clean most res at apprx 325- 340 psi

William Simpson

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:35 pm

This is really an interesting topic. I do use Energy on commercial jobs to spike the Extreme Clean and it does make a big difference if the heat is high enough. Never thought of spiking S/O with it nor in a spotting role.

My reservation would be the odor. I find that Energy has a very strong odor and really would like to avoid it when possible. Spill some in your van and you will not be happy for a long time either. Maybe in small doses like in a spotter it might not be too bad.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:57 pm

I really needed to start thinking hard about the CRB. I have other uses for it that I could justify the purchase.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:15 pm

Ryan S wrote:I really needed to start thinking hard about the CRB. I have other uses for it that I could justify the purchase.

Been doing the same thinking...especially for pet hair removal which is on encountered on most jobs.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:47 pm

I don't hate the smell of Energy as much as some guys do.

Joe, I thought you told me 3to1 and this whole time it should be 1to3? Maybe I'll switch the ratio and see if it still works. It would certainly save some money on product. And Yes, I like the boost of Energy better than the boost of Oxy type boosters except on the lightest of carpets i.e. light grey or nearly white and sometimes light blue.

And another thing... in fact I am going to start a separate thread about the 175 machine.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:04 pm

milspec6 wrote:
Ryan S wrote:I really needed to start thinking hard about the CRB. I have other uses for it that I could justify the purchase.

Been doing the same thinking...especially for pet hair removal which is on encountered on most jobs.

I'm always amazed by how much hair it will dig up even after a really good pre-vacuuming!

There's so many uses for it, it's probably the most versatile tool I have.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzsucker Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:42 pm

Yup^
Fuzzsucker
Fuzzsucker
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://thepremierclean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Danb Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:45 pm

I like the energy idea. I do not prescrub but I don't wand either. We use the Rotovac 360i on every job. We also use soils and oils on every carpet we clean. Although we do not order by the drum as of yet and we do boost s/o with dissolve in many instances and usually also boost with h202. I find that 80%- 90% of customers state that they have never had a cleaner get their carpet as clean as we do. That is huge and means tons of repeat happy customers all thanks to Joe and his wonderful product.
Danb
Danb

http://dkbrestoration.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:12 am

The best part about pre-scrubbing is it's free. You are reducing the time it takes to wand and wanding costs you money. It costs money to run the TM and it costs nothing to run the 175. So when you prescrub you are actually saving 5 bucks or more on the average job.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seaswril Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:30 am

I have always done pre-scrubbing in some form. The CRB to me does a better job on cut pile. Customers do say the last guy never did that! Like Dan said, it brings repeat happy customers!

Seaswril

http://ShullsCapetcleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:23 pm

unless its really dirty we pre scrub with a push broom, works really good and a lot faster job to job then pulling out a crb or a pad machine

especially if its just a small traffic area outside the kitchen or something, if its really dirty then the crb will save you time and energy
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:44 pm

Ken Raddon wrote:The best part about pre-scrubbing is it's free.  You are reducing the time it takes to wand and wanding costs you money.  It costs money to run the TM and it costs nothing to run the 175.  So when you prescrub you are actually saving 5 bucks or more on the average job.

More points of Power from Ken.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by francisco p Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:39 pm

I know you’ve all gotta be getting better results opposed to your competitors who don’t scrub,
I always look for better ways to deliver better clean and in here maybe no more than 1 every 50 cleaners want to do a good job and take the time to clean.

and you’re all healthier for going the DfE. But I’m curious how it’s effecting your bottomline.

Is it slowing you down, the extra scrubbing?
No because the rinsing is faster and carpet dry quicker.  

Is it costing you more in chemical or hurting your efficiency?
Costing more NO, hurting efficiency I don't thing so

All things considered, free shipping, unlimited supply at your fingertips, extra work, attrition or lack of it, whatever... is about the same as before, better or worse than before you switched to DfE + scrubbing resi?
Scrubbing make a big difference and the look after is worth it.

francisco p

http://www.pulidoscc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:05 pm

I normally only schedule 3 jobs a day in morning, afternoon, and late afternoon and I don't fill my schedule every day so if  the job needs a precrub it gets a pre-scrub.

I use my little Drimatic no its not a full blown CRB but it does the job and it light. I'm doing a job tomorrow with a lot of dog hair. Who knows I may also pull out my OP machine don't underestimate the ability of an OP machine to dig up hair and It may even do a better job at pre scrubbing than a CRB. I'll do whatever it takes to get the job done cuz I'm not running to the next job
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:35 pm

Mo wrote:I normally only schedule 3 jobs a day in morning, afternoon, and late afternoon and I don't fill my schedule every day so if  the job needs a precrub it gets a pre-scrub.

I use my little Drimatic no its not a full blown CRB but it does the job and it light. I'm doing a job tomorrow with a lot of dog hair. Who knows I may also pull out my OP machine don't underestimate the ability of an OP machine to dig up hair and It may even do a better job at pre scrubbing than a CRB. I'll do whatever it takes to get the job done cuz I'm not running to the next job

Amen to that, I never over-book my days. In fact, I am pretty darn slow and schedule a morning job and an afternoon job for most days. It allows me plenty of time in between to get cleaned up and organized so that the next customer gets me at my best. Quality over quantity in my book is what builds your reputation...of course, it doesn't pay the bills unless you charge well for that best effort.  Basketball 

Besides, most customers are curious and watch how you clean and although they may not understand how to clean a carpet, they do understand how to wash clothing or even just there hands. In all cases, even lightly soiled, you would agitate your laundry or your hands to get things clean....I think that customer knows that too. Scrubbing just looks professional, whether needed every time or not.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Seaswril Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:25 pm

The CRB does take the work out of it, as i age the easy way is the best way. I used a RX-20 for 20 years packing it up and down stairs,then got a 360 I and wow half the weight. I did a job today with light urine spots from a small dog,treated and scrubbed the whole place,rinsed with 360 I and all looks great. Soils and oils for odors works great,wish i had found it 20 years ago. Thanks Joe!

Seaswril

http://ShullsCapetcleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next