Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Soils and oils and slop and gobble

+7
dp1
ACpower1
Andy Mc
Davey Cracker
milspec6
Ryan S
Ccumato
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Soils and oils and slop and gobble Empty Soils and oils and slop and gobble

Post by Ccumato Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:40 am

I have been using soils and oils. I have tried 1 oz to 6 oz per gallon pump sprayer and notice it doesn't clean that well and dog smell still lingers. I know I can use a deodorizer and also peroxide. Just hasn't worked that great for me.

I tried a sample of the slop and gobble. I notice it cleans the same if not better at 1 oz per gallon vs 6 oz per gallon of the soils and oils. Also the dog smell doesn't linger. I didn't use peroxide either.

Just curious the thoughts.

Ccumato

Back to top Go down

Soils and oils and slop and gobble Empty Re: Soils and oils and slop and gobble

Post by Ryan S Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:21 am

Chris is from the old cafe just got lost in the split you'll find some good answers and suggestions to help.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:36 am

Like everything, there is a little learning curve to it.

The peroxide makes a big difference as does the agitation component. This isn't a high ph burn it out kind of prespray (that's a good thing). It is a different animal really.

Try it with some peroxide and some agitation (175, crb, rotary extractor, brush, etc.) and you will be impressed. For me, I find that adding some S/O/E to the mix is also very helpful.

Just don't give up on it yet. The first time I tried it was on a basement that had a lot of stains and pet odors. I expected it to be a miracle worker, but found that some stains remained and ended up going back and using pro-zyme on that job. My samples stayed on the truck for months for wool and auto carpets.

Then I used it again one day on a residential where the owner was very sensitive to odors. Ran it at 32 oz in my sprayer along with peroxide and agitated with my orbot....bang, great results and happy customer.

Work with the concentration and boost with peroxide...S/O/E if you have any samples of that and do some agitation. It cleans well, no odor, and dries quicker than most presprays. It is worth the patience.

Haven't tried the Judson stuff yet.....
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:14 pm

Another great and helpful post, Rob!!  cheers cheers

You know the S/O vs SnG comparison is funny, because I had just the opposite experience by not being impressed with the SnG. Like Rob I also boost with Peroxide and agitate.

But really didn't have much interest in using it (just tried a sample a couple times), because I like the safer, green, Lower PH, and NewGen save alternative you get with S/O, and this includes my customers as well.

Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:55 pm

I did a few side by side tests ,, Both at recommended dilutions. and found them nearly equal in cleaning power.

With soils and oils you need to give a scrub . ANd Mix extra strong in a hand held sprayer and hit the bad greasy spots before pre spraying.

BTW, Dave,, there is nothing un safe about slop n gobble . It is one of the safest products on the market.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:42 pm

S/o is best for Wool,  upholstery,  5th gen carpets, really white 100% nylon thick pile (where brown out can be a risk),   sensitive customers,   area rugs,   homes with babies crawling around,   very green customers who dont use anything like Tide for their laundry etc. Gotta have it in the truck.

also being able to say your product is recognized by EPA is a big thing

Slop and gobble is for the nasties,   12pH breaks grease and heavy heavy soiling....    yes you can get close to the same results with S/O and peroxide but youll need to crb or 175 to come close.

They are two completely different products,    for filthy nasties I prefer a high pH knock out punch.    

Have been using chemtex ph 10k lately for the nasties and man that stuff really cleans well!!    Its much different because when you spray it down it comes out like clear water and if you blast little grease spots they dont turn white like most pre sprays....    but as soon as that wand and 200f hits it,    holy crap.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:23 pm

Andy Mc wrote:...............................   

BTW, Dave,,    there is nothing un safe about slop n gobble  .   It is one of the safest products on the market.

Mr. Argue,

Sorry to break the news (facts), but..........

With as high as a 12 PH for SnG it can be "unsafe" for somethings, although I don't believe I said it was in my last post, or did I?

And as AC said, the two are "completely different products".........which I think really aren't truly comparable.

Like I said find someone else to hassle and argue with, I'm not into it.

Sincerely,
"The Police"  pirat laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v2GDbEmjGE
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:08 pm

Officer Dave,
You have a real hard time understanding what was said.  Let me summarize...

You said,(regarding slop n Gooble) that you have no interest in using it because   "I like the safer, green, Lower PH,"

You list 3 separate objections,    I corrected you on the "safer"  objection.  

Becasue I assumed you were suggesting that some how slop n gooble was not a safe product for people ,,,   as you listed ph as a separate concern

Fact is it's actually is a very safe product , (for people)   Not talking PH safe for carpet fibers.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:11 pm

^^X2
De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da

"Assumed" Making an Ass outa you and yourself  laughing

BY!

-Mr. Officer!
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:26 pm

Explain to me how I made an ass out of my self by addressing what you said?

You list PH and Safty as separate concerns,  

a logical mind ,  would figure the safty concern had to do with health issues and not PH  safty for carpet fibers.

Where am I wrong here??,

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ccumato Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:41 pm

And back to the reason I left message boards.

Bye everyone! Thanks for the help.

Ccumato

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:07 am

Ok everyone needs to CHILL !!! My God you guys are like 10 year olds, even my 10 year olds can solve her conflict !
Look, people post things to ask for opinions on 2 products, just give your opinions and MOVE ON !!!
We have more people joined the forum and when they see y'all argue about everything, do you think they're going to post ?!?!
I know I won't, and if this continues I'm sure Chris isn't the only one leaving, so you guys need to COOL IT !!! OK ??
Have a blessed weekend guys.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:23 am

Ccumato wrote:And back to the reason I left message boards.

Bye everyone! Thanks for the help.

Ignore the character conflicts. They are everywhere, not just forum, we all have them in our family's. You would have to be around more often to understand that Andy and Dave have been on two different sides of philosophy. No big deal! I'm sensitive, just ask DP! This place his here to help you answer question and learn.

The guy selling you that stuff sure isn't giving you the in-depth contexts that you will find here. Further more, you will find it to be honest field experience information. Which can't and will not be found at the place you buy supplies at.

It's takes time to make friends and adapt to personalities. Relationships are only as good as the time you choose to invest in them.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Andy Mc Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:18 am

Sorry for being un sensitive to the other board members. I know I can come off abrasive at times, I have no ill will towards any one, including Dave.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:49 am

Chris has been a member since we opened the forum but never posted. His first post is knocking one product over another and he does it anonymously. And when two members argue he leaves the forum and never comments on the responses that members had on his thread
.Soils and oils and slop and gobble 9k=

Thanks for starting the conversation Chris, we'll take it from here.

Lets read the MSDS of both products and decide which product is safer for cleaners spraying this stuff down every day. I have attached the MSDS for both products. 

Maybe we should do some side by side testing to see what product works better on residential carpets. I believe there is already a consensus that Slop and gobble does a better job on restaurants??

I believe Andy, AC, Ryan etc have tried Slop and Gobble and S/O maybe they can give their opinion on what there experience has been comparing those products on residential carpets

Ryan, When you have time can you tell us what the pre spray costs would be at the recommended RTU for Slop and Gobble compared to S/O? Lets leave the shipping and drum variable out of the equation so that we can compare apples to apples.

Soils and oils and slop and gobble Z

Last edited by Mo on Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:36 pm

Chris texted me this question. So I sent him here to find the answer. He is kinda freaked out now. Lol. It's hard for people to understand the dynamics of the lounge just by dropping in hit and miss style.

I agree we can take the topic from here. I hope Chris chooses to wade in the water a little deeper.

I got some slop. At label rate it's .19 a gallon. But label rate hasn't worked fir me. I'm double that.

S/o is .60 a gallon for how we use it at 4 oz per gallon.

But I will have to say these are not good comparisons. Using a 12pH cleaner as your general is kinda over kill and wasteful. That's kinda what I wanted Chris to learn. Wonder why his supplier wouldn't take the time to share that with him?
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:35 pm

Thanks Ryan. So it looks like Slop and Gobble wins the cost per gallon scenario over Soils & Oils.

Let's move on to which one is safer for the cleaners that are breathing this stuff in on a daily basis.

Now were not arguing abut the efficacy of material safety data sheets or how humans beings react to certain chemicals etc. Just the two published MSDS sheets. Maybe Dave and Andy can chime in here.

[url=http://www.realcleaners.com/Soils & Oils Original, MSDS.pdf]Soils & Oils MSDS Sheet[/url]

Slop & Gobble Material Safety Data Sheet

Last edited by Mo on Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:30 pm

Mo wrote:Thanks Ryan. So it looks like Slop and Gobble wins the cost per gallon scenario over Soils & Oils.

Let's move on to which one is safer for the cleaners that are breathing this stuff in on a daily basis.

Now were not arguing abut the efficacy of material safety data sheets or how humans beings react to certain chemicals etc. Just the two published MSDS sheets. Maybe Dave and Andy can chime in here.

Soils & Oils Material Safety Date Sheet

Slop & Gobble Material Saafety Data Sheet

Well, we already know Andy says " Fact is it's actually is a very safe product , (for people) Not talking PH safe for carpet fibers."

I tend to believe Joe, and when it comes to human/pet safety S/O is where it's at, and I'm no chemist so me comparing the MSDS wouldn't tell me much..............but I would think Joe could?

And yes, with SnG having a 12 PH I don't see that being safe or good for most of the carpets I clean. S/O is not only NewGen carpet safe, but also safe on wool and furniture!..........Beat that SnG!!  Evil or Very Mad 

I'd say S/O is pretty damn hard to beat, looking at the big picture, for what it is and what it can be used on, for ONE single product, and DfE Approved too! Sure you may be able to beat it's performance with a dozen other chems, but who want's to replace one Cleaner with another 12 gallons in your van?!?!......no thanks.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:37 pm

Ha would you put this on your carpet ? This is one of the main ingredients in slop.
Soils and oils and slop and gobble Screen10
truth is this could be Joes secret surfactant but probably not..
As far as I know a hydroxide ain't gonna pass no green cert for a reason. Many people are allergic to caustic soda.

Last edited by OneBlueSummer on Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:40 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:
Mo wrote:Thanks Ryan. So it looks like Slop and Gobble wins the cost per gallon scenario over Soils & Oils.

Soils & Oils Material Safety Date Sheet

Slop & Gobble Material Saafety Data Sheet

Well, we already know Andy says " Fact is it's actually is a very safe product , (for people)   Not talking PH safe for carpet fibers."

I tend to believe Joe, and when it comes to human/pet safety S/O is where it's at, and I'm no chemist so me comparing the MSDS wouldn't tell me much..............but I would think Joe could?

And yes, with SnG having a 12 PH I don't see that being safe or good for most of the carpets I clean. S/O is not only NewGen carpet safe, but also safe on wool and furniture!..........Beat that SnG!!  Evil or Very Mad 

I'd say S/O is pretty damn hard to beat, looking at the big picture, for what it is and what it can be used on, for ONE single product, and DfE Approved too!  Sure you may be able to beat it's performance with a dozen other chems, but who want's to replace one Cleaner with another 12 gallons in your van?!?!......no thanks.
According to the msds it's 11/12 ph depending on dilution and pull rate obviously. With that being said I bet if someone were to test the ph that's actually sprayed out of an in line with a tip it would be closer to 11 maybe even 10.
Maybe that's just me but I usually only have a couple ounces per in line jug and still don't understand everyone else that's putting in up to 32 oz is just insane. I've never had a problem with under 4 oz of any cleaner per in line jug. Ever.
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:41 pm

That MSDS is for S/O/O....not a fair comparison to S&G.

One of things to consider when reading any MSDS is the boiling point of the product. IF you like to run your solution at 220+ degrees, you are boiling the product and increasing the inhalation effects.

Just something to consider....
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:56 pm

I just noticed that Rob fixed the link
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:14 pm

milspec6 wrote:That MSDS is for S/O/O....not a fair comparison to S&G.

One of things to consider when reading any MSDS is the boiling point of the product.  IF you like to run your solution at 220+ degrees, you are boiling the product and increasing the inhalation effects.

Just something to consider....

With regards to respiratory protection. When applying Soils & Oils no respiratory protection is needed. When applying Slop & Gobble you need to wear a respiratory mask. The boiling point of S&O is 212% for Slop 220%
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next