Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

RC99 anti leak video

+6
Davey Cracker
dp1
milspec6
andrryb
Joe Bristor
OneBlueSummer
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

RC99 anti leak video - Page 2 Empty Re: RC99 anti leak video

Post by Mo Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:02 pm

dp1 wrote:Ha..ha... my actual job when I'm working is holding a whip and a timer lol!

I wish I could afford hire some body that I could whip Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:06 pm

Home Depot on a Saturday....probably legal in Arizona.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:52 pm

Mine leaks a little but not a big deal.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:32 pm

Sorry for the late reply guys... Boss had me working the last few days pretty hard, just came back from emergency today, with some pretty bad bruising and whippings from work, and Ill have to see a psychiatrist because I'm completely terrified of clocks, watches, timers or anything that has to do with time. Boss man told me, no need to check the forum because I've been banned for not following the rules... What rules did I not follow? Thought I would check if I can login the forum... Lo and behold Im in.

All kidding aside, I got a hard working and good paying boss... Got tomorrow off to take my youngest daughter on a field trip to the zoo. Smile

In regards to the RC it works great for a single wand... But still brainstorming with DP when it comes to dual wand, because it just doesn't have enough suction using one of the smaller blowers.

And if your wondering what DP does all day? He does carry a whip and a timer, but oddly he holds his cell phone all day with great anticipation, waiting for sales calls... And when they come in he gives a little MJ dance. Go figure? MJ

Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:47 pm

A 47 blower is NOT the best blower for running dual wands, You might get away with cgd type carpet running dual wands. I think it is more for dual upholstery tools. Maybe a wand and a upholstery tool maybe.
Are you spinning it at stock rpms, have any other mods been done to the TM. Dual wanding with 47 blower you need to make sure you have all air/vac leaks fixed as you are going to need every bit of it to be at the wand slot.
I have heard many guys say a 47 is the ultimate single wand blower.
I am not saying it can't be done but it will take two guys working good together to make sure you keep the system under vac load.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:10 pm

SCCC you make some very good points and ultimately my feeling would be the blower as you mentioned. I think it works great as a single wand with the RC and dual wand with "two guys working good together to make sure you keep the system under vac load." But not with the RC.

DP, would know of any modifications made with the TM, or any air/vac leaks, which I believe he mentioned a possible vac leak to me today. But I think he gets a kick out of all the experimenting and tinkering; and I certainly enjoy learning.

Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:19 pm

I agree with Tom, a 47 I'd say it a stretch for dual.

As I found out comparing my 36 blower to the larger 47.....the 47 is just 1" larger dia. lobes and 1" longer lobes, and when it come to the numbers not that big of a difference......and I don't care what setup, no way I could imagine dual wanding w a 36, and I doubt very successfully with a 47.

I remember when I bought my 36 TM, they also sold a larger 45 machine, and claimed it to be a dual wand TM..........PFFFFFFFFFF. laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:20 pm

JDam wrote:SCCC you make some very good points and ultimately my feeling would be the blower as you mentioned. I think it works great as a single wand with the RC and dual wand with "two guys working good together to make sure you keep the system under vac load." But not with the RC.

DP, would know of any modifications made with the TM, or any air/vac leaks, which I believe he mentioned a possible vac leak to me today. But I think he gets a kick out of all the experimenting and tinkering; and I certainly enjoy learning.

BEn, Tell him he's "Pissin' into the wind"!!!! LMAO!@
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:39 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:
JDam wrote:SCCC you make some very good points and ultimately my feeling would be the blower as you mentioned. I think it works great as a single wand with the RC and dual wand with "two guys working good together to make sure you keep the system under vac load." But not with the RC.

BEn, Tell him he's "Pissin' into the wind"!!!! LMAO!@

With that comment, DP will be more determined. He may be in his office now, reading all the info he can to do it. reading

Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:22 am

JDam wrote:Sorry for the late reply guys... Boss had me working the last few days pretty hard, just came back from emergency today, with some pretty bad bruising and whippings from work, and Ill have to see a psychiatrist because I'm completely terrified of clocks, watches, timers or anything that has to do with time. Boss man told me, no need to check the forum because I've been banned for not following the rules... What rules did I not follow? Thought I would check if I can login the forum... Lo and behold Im in.

All kidding aside, I got a hard working and good paying boss... Got tomorrow off to take my youngest daughter on a field trip to the zoo. Smile

In regards to the RC it works great for a single wand... But still brainstorming with DP when it comes to dual wand, because it just doesn't have enough suction using one of the smaller blowers.

And if your wondering what DP does all day? He does carry a whip and a timer, but oddly he holds his cell phone all day with great anticipation, waiting for sales calls... And when they come in he gives a little MJ dance. Go figure? MJ
 Good one JD. But all kidding aside having met DP I know that he is one cool dude always willing to help out members on the forum too, so I know he has to be a great boss to work for.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:16 am

I don't know what the RC99 has to do with running dual wands? It shouldn't make a difference.
Also if running two wands I would cover my vac relief valve, take a small plastic lid cut a small hole in the center so it will slide over the center bolt and cover all the air holes, Running two wands you will always have a vac relief somewhere in the line, this may help direct more vac towards the wands.
NOW THIS IS ME.......I AM NOT SAYING YOU SHOULD DO IT. But If it were me I would try to see if it helps
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:49 pm

Good point Tom cuz your know at least one of those tools is not going to be on the carpet or upholstery and any give time sometimes both
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:35 pm

"I don't know what the RC99 has to do with running dual wands? It shouldn't make a difference."

That's what has me confused me about DP's concern, seems now prompted by the new RC99? he just got..........I don't know what the correlation is?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:17 pm

Well I got an extra lid with my RC99 and the extra lid has dual vac ports, for dual wanding purposes, and although I have not dual wanded with the lid, Ben thinks the suction is worse than our portable, that's what prompted me to find a "fix", although we don't dual wand often, I do like the dual wand options to use if we have a bigger job or just simply carpet and sofa job at the same location, knock 2 birds with 1 bullet.
Stay tuned, Ben will let y'all know what we did today Very Happy
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:18 pm

Tom, thanks for all the inputs and advices Very Happy
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:13 pm

Okay guys, let me first make a correction and clarification in regards to the RC... 1) Dual wand with an RC makes no difference, depending on the size of your blower. 2) And also in regards to the RC, the posts from DP and myself are in reference to the 47 blower in conjunction with the RC.

There are some things to take in consideration when using the RC with a 47 blower effectively, vac leaks whether in the hoses, RC, etc need to be sealed, shortening the hose distance from the RC to the waste tank (I believe made a difference; this is something Davey Cracker had with his setup). These were some of the things DP and I did today and we certainly noticed an improvement. I am sure if you cover the vac relief valve as Tom mentioned that would improve suction as well.

My personal conclusion, is that the 47 blower can be used as a dual wand effectively and has the power to do so. But I believe the single most important factor is the other guy your working with.

For example, if im cleaning carpet in one room and DP is doing upholstery in another room, and he decides to check his text message from Dave and decides to leave his upholstery wand on the floor, my carpet cleaning work will be limited due to a major vac leak. But if DP tells himself, Dave is only going to complain about all the sales calls he's receiving and DP decides to text him after were done working, we both have limited vac leak and we should have a very satisfied and happy customer using the RC with a 47 blower.

Dave you have a nice setup and we kind of did what you did with intake hoses... Maybe LED lights will be next? Let me say something here real quick too, having a boss like DP who is completely open to suggestions, ideas, theories is a real pleasure. (Not saying my 2 cents are worth anything)  Very Happy

Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:34 pm

Haha good one Ben, but I think it's mostly DP complaining about all the sales calls, or have I now become a DP? laughing

Seriously tho, good post.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:26 am

Running dual always had me scratching my head.  My butler has a 47 and is said to be able to dual wand, but it never made sense to me how cleaning with low vacuum would ever be a great idea.

I guess the questions I would pose to you is how much vacuum do you really need to lift the soiled water off the fibers and how much of it is to dry after?

As long as you have the lift, the rest is just affecting dry times which can be supported by other means (engineering controls and air movers) as well to compensate.

So, are we all just in the same frame of mind that we need those large cfm ratings to remove dirt from fibers, when what we really are saying is that we need that power to speed drying?

Dual wands running at low pressure, high heat, and air movers might be just as effective and a faster way to work.  At least it is worth exploring on your own to find out. reading
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:27 am

If you talk to Bob Savage he will tell you than he has been dual wanding with a 45 blower with great results by using  7" and 8" pulleys and smaller tank. and auto pump out to the big waste tank

But then again he hasn't had to deal with Dave the Vac Leak Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:58 am

LOL Ben.
Rob, I'm dead serious when I say I got plenty of vacuum with RC99 ( dual ports ), of course I don't have cfm meter to support my statement, but I will definitely test it next week with Dave's cfm meter.
We also make sure the filter in the waste tank is clean from lint and dirt.
And Ben is absolutely correct, both techs need to realize that their tool will have to be on the carpet / upholstery the whole time you're working to maximize the effectiveness of the vacuum.
Ben, we also need to test 4 to the door soon, may be at Katherine's place next week.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:55 am

One more thing, we eliminated the connection from the vac hose to the vac ports in front of my machine, so the vac hoses goes direct from waste tank to filter, and I also eliminated the cuffs from the waste tank hoses and just clamped the vac hoses directly, eliminating as much connections as possible eliminates possible vac leaks.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:17 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:Haha good one Ben, but I think it's mostly DP complaining about all the sales calls, or have I now become a DP? laughing

Seriously tho, good post.

Haha! I don't blame you guys getting a little on the irritated side with the sales calls... DP gets slammed with them everyday too. Smile

Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:27 pm

Oh it gets crazy sometimes, one time it was so bad and I was so tired of it I threw my old Motorola Dumb Phone at the curb accost the street from where I was working. It was a direct hit hehe, and the phone then became a 25 piece dumb phone.

I had to buy a new phone, but I really think it was worth it, and I can't say I wouldn't do it again!! lol
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:31 pm

It's amazing how much they can get to you, a couple times I almost lost it and thought of these guys as workers that's trying to make a few bucks from sales, but I wonder did they ever think of us getting frustrated and stressed out due to the amount of sales calls we get ? Who knows.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:28 pm

As DP mentioned we do get plenty of vacuum using the RC with dual ports... And if Dave is willing to bring us to lunch, I mean bring us his CFM meter we can say with certainty that dual wanding is doable with the 47 in conjunction with the RC. As DP mentioned as well, the modifications, changes and cleaning of the filter made a difference too.

Rob has some very, very interesting points or questions in regards to "how much vacuum is really needed, do we need large CFM ratings to remove dirt or do we need power to dry things up?"

I personally think, this is where boys are separated from the men, or should I say the experienced carpet cleaners from the weekend carpet cleaners... And I say all you guys that have been doing this for many years as your bread and butter should be proud. As all of you know, cleaning carpet and upholstery is really a science, there are so many factors in getting the job cleaned, nice smelling and dry. This thread is basically about the possibility of using 2 wands with the RC; which entails suction, CFM, air/vac leaks, hose diameter, blower, etc. etc. And we're not even talking about different types of fibers, color, material synthetic or natural, different types of soiling, weather, humidity etc. etc. etc.

I know my posts are a bit long, but if I may share a job DP and I did. We cleaned a sectional and area rug for a young lady last Monday, it took us less than an hour to do the job, easy access, items to be cleaned were at the front door, sectional and area rug was not dirty (Could have dual wand, but we didn't), weather was great (sunny California) and we charged her $258.00. And she was pleased and happy with the result. That's $258 for about an hours work... And she had no problem paying it. Do you know why she had no problem paying? Because she had hired a weekend carpet cleaner (inexperienced carpet cleaner) with a portable to clean the exact same items for $40, months before she called DP. But the result of the weekend carpet cleaner left her area rug and sectional drenched in water, it took days to have them dried (using fans) and worse... It smelled! Is $258 over priced? Absolutely NOT!! Cleaning carpets is a science, its an art and you guys are worth every dollar. She paid $218 more for an experienced company to do the job right. Smile

("weekend carpet cleaners" is only in reference to inexperienced cleaners and not those starting their business or working on weekends Smile )

Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next