Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Krud Kutter working well in place of ammonia for pet spots

+7
milspec6
OneBlueSummer
Davey Cracker
Ryan S
Joe Bristor
Goomer
Cjcann
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Krud Kutter working well in place of ammonia for pet spots Empty Krud Kutter working well in place of ammonia for pet spots

Post by Cjcann Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:05 pm

A while back someone recommended Krud Kutter for really soiled micro fiber, or was it theater seats? Any way I picked some up and have using it to charge my prespray on tough jobs. Works really good on tile. The other day I on a whim I checked the ph with some ph paper. It turned as blue as the scale would go- very alkaline. Bottle says biodegradable and safe with no residue. That got the wheels turning. How would it work in place of ammonia in a two part spraying system for pet spots? ( like Joe's white knight sprayer). Turns out it worked great. Less noxious than ammonia, no smell, no residue. win, win, win. Theoretically I should be able to spray spots and no extract if needed.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Krud Kutter working well in place of ammonia for pet spots Empty Re: Krud Kutter working well in place of ammonia for pet spots

Post by Goomer Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:43 pm

I have recently added KK to my core list of chems.

It continues to impress me in it's ability to cut through oils, and as a general spotter.

I'm not sure I would go as far as to not not rinse it. Although I believe it lists carpets as one of it's uses, it is not a industry specific product, so I would question the context of their statement of "no residue".

Is their statement of "no residue" at a certain dilution??? or straight??

Why chance it??

I see no reason to skip an extra ten seconds for a quick rinse and play it safe.
Goomer
Goomer
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com/

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Krud Kutter working well in place of ammonia for pet spots Empty Re: Krud Kutter working well in place of ammonia for pet spots

Post by Cjcann Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:08 am

What does MEA stand for Joe? My very thorough and scientific test for residue- pour some KK on the painted portion of my van near the heat from the exhaust in the full sun. Run a finger nail over that area when finished with job. Could not discern anything. lol
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:23 pm

Did I miss something? What is MEA ammonia ?
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:37 pm

Big residue cleaner. I just cleaned my four wheeler with it and my hands felt like leather afterwards. With in two days my hands were exfoliating.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:20 am

KK or MEA?
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:10 pm

eldiabloz wrote:KK or MEA?

KRudKutter

Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:40 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot a spilled the bucket I was using to clean my four wheeler. Doesn't look biodegradable Eco friendly to me.
Krud Kutter working well in place of ammonia for pet spots Image_zps18666735
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:02 am

Ryan S wrote:Big residue cleaner. I just cleaned my four wheeler with it and my hands felt like leather afterwards. With in two days my hands were exfoliating.

Probably a good idea to use gloves when working with any high ph product regardless of the DFE symbol or claims of earth friendliness. As far as the lawn, again, high ph.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:34 pm

I do not know about cleaning vehicle with the KK but my wife is painting our kitchen. "How do I get all the grease and grime off the walls near the stove , TSP?" she asked. I thought about it, Try this stuff, I gave her the Krud Kutter. When I came home she was pissed. " Why didn't you tell me about this stuff before?, look at these walls! They have never been cleaner". She then proceeded to replace the solution in her Swiffer with diluted KK ( drilled a whole in the top of the container which is actually the bottom if un-installed and plugged with a stopper).
She is hooked. Loves this stuff, claims it got the floor 10 times as clean and is DFE certified. Since she can dilute it with water it comes out to 1/10 the cost of swiffer refills. Tell your wives if they use a swiffer.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:48 pm

I was looking at all the companies and chems on the DfE website today, and KK was one of them I remember seeing, as being DfE approved.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:57 pm

One of my local suppliers old accounts they could never get clean or dry in under 2 days...
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:01 pm

^^You're using the Kurd Kutta to bonnet clean in that video??^^
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:35 am

Title of the video doesnt show up unless you watch it on youtube, its SO and MEA .. no krudkutter
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:07 pm

DFE logo on KK jug.
Attachments
Krud Kutter working well in place of ammonia for pet spots Download?action=showthumb&id=136
kk.JPG (39 Kb) Downloaded 157 times
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:09 pm

I just had a talk with our employees about using safer alternative cleaning products. I told them about Soils and Oils, Soils and Oils with Solvent. I informed them that the chems that they are used to using are extremely harmful to their health.

I told them that I am researching the use of the soils and oils product line to provide safe cleaning products for them. So far I have found a window cleaner, general cleaner, and also a degreaser. I'm working on using MEA with soils and oils for window cleaner.

I tell my customers how we clean using safer alternatives than harmful chems. I tell them we are concerned about our safety around chems and that benefits them because we are providing a safe clean environment for them while we clean.

I just might put you product to the grass test Joe.

Might want to look this MSDS over.
http://www.krudkutter.com/images/msds/kk-original%20krud%20kutter.pdf
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next