Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

New website layout

2 posters

Go down

New website layout  Empty New website layout

Post by ACpower1 Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:30 pm

Working with a company soon that is going to help us get to a 40+ organic rating on google and one main part of the job is to re create our website with a word press

The layout we are working on is modern but very user friendly so even the old grandmas should be able to handle it.

Want to get ideas from you guys on whether you think it will work well.

The home page would be a very simple layout, A large icon for each service we offer about 4-5 icons. This will take up most of the page

When carpet cleaning is clicked on it will direct to again large pictures/icons of bedroom, living, dining, media, etc rooms and the customer will be able to select each one they have and how many

Once that step is finished they will be directed to the next set of large pictures/icons that will depict different conditions of the carpet. One picture for light soil load, one for a medium, then one for heavy soiling. they will also be able to select pet stains/ colored stains for each area.

same goes for furniture moving, they will be able to select what they want moved, pictures again of beds, tables, etc

it will show pictures of filtration lines and they can select if they think these are an issue in their home.

it will ask them when the last professional cleaning was done if they choose to answer.

Depending on what they select it will then direct them to videos of our services and which one is recommended based on what they chose in the first parts.

sounds confusing but this will be a very simple layout, with large pictures. It is not meant to be a substitute for talking to the customer but just to make the process streamlined a bit as it will give approx pricing, time estimates, options for low moisture, or restoration cleaning... most of all the customer will know what to expect and possibly will save at least some time on the phone answering the same questions over and over and over

The idea is kind of the same with a vehicle wrap, simple easy to read and navigate.. not a crowded page full of services and testimonials
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

New website layout  Empty Re: New website layout

Post by OneBlueSummer Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:29 pm

Sounds cool kinda what I have wanted to do for a long time... problem?
1. SEO, Google can't read pictures.. goog likes content aka words, not enough words = not enough content= spam site with bad content load in their eyes well.. Their spiders eyes.
The more words on the home page the better for ranking. Sure pictures can help but words win. So you could do the pictures up front as long as your dump a bunch of words below the icons your talking about.
2. Apple products can't display java aka picture movies.. so you can't have any pretty flash that seamlessly transitions. Over 30% of click come from touch screen devices .

It can work but your company who does it has to know what they are doing. Look up Stanley steamer in San Diego they are about as close as you can get to what your describing without sacrificing seo.
What is a 40+ organic rating?

I just got done redoing my site as well and it might give u some ideas, where I have my carpet tile upholstery picture/coupon .. it will eventually direct to the desired wanted service location on my site, as i already have a separate section for cities and exact services in those cities, kinda like what your saying.

Last edited by OneBlueSummer on Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:52 pm

Also you have complained about y elp before and I can help u rank better, send me your link and I will audit it.
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:05 pm

I actually found this seo company by googling SEO seattle

they come up #1 everytime, these guys are top of the game for seo in this area.

The rating is based on a tool they use to determine the rating of how good the SEO is.

I had him type 4 of the larger companies in my area that run anywhere from 4-15 vans, their ratings are 28-34. 40-45 is a great number for a local business, 100 is impossible, google itself rates 99

Ill ask them next time I talk what tool they use to plug domain names in.

mostly would be still pictures, not much java and they say they can optimize for mobile.

They are constantly changing their techniques based on new ways google finds what it likes, so far all the local businesses I have looked up that use their service rank very high and come up right at number 1

You can have high ranking without a page full of text, most of this companies work is pretty modern and very simple layout without clutter. Some of their websites are literally a few words on the home page with nice background and a few buttons. They kind of specialize in these new modern website layouts.

btw, holy crap that stanley steemer franchise is HUGE!!! what is that like 100 vans? but that site is early 2000's, its pretty nice but I would bet that they just have an in house seo guy that is decent but not amazing.

took me a while to realize that seo work is not worth doing on your own, I used to spend time posting all over the place, googleplus, youtube, facebook etc but to get a high rank it takes some pretty complicated web design, back linking, and lots more.

the program we are starting is 350/month, used to be 299 but they added a feature that allows you to manage all of your stuff from 1 spot like angies list, yelp, etc

this is what you get

1. A wordpress website professionally designed

2. 5 hrs/ month of graphic design, website design, and photos

3. Ad management (ad budget up to 1k/month) - this means they professionally manage your ad words, yelp, etc with new content and grapics

4. Email marketing blast, 1 email/ month (I felt this way enough but can be increased)

5. 1 blog post per month professionally written (all I have to do is give the the jist of the content, i e filtration lines)

6. 2 - 90 second videos/ year professionally shot (saw some examples, they do really good work)

7. 2 photoshoots/ year for website content, etc

8. 3 posts/wk to facebook with original content with 5+ organic followers added

9. 8 posts/ wk to twitter with original content 20+ organic follower growth

10. 3 posts/ wk to google+ with original content

11. 3 posts/ wk to linkedin also original content

12. 3 posts/ wk to tumblr same deal

13. pro youtube channel set up

14. pro yelp page set up

15. SEO 5 pages of on page optimization coding, optimized video/text, etc

16. search engine submission to all of them

17. local submission for searches

18. Bi monthly reporting on everything above with traffic, clicks, click thru rates, etc

19. citation building using our postal address

20. comment marketing optimized for seattle

21. directory submission to 25 local directories

22. competitive analysis of 3 local competitor websites monthly

23. 30 minutes/ month of general marketing consultation
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:09 pm

OneBlueSummer wrote:Also you have complained about y elp before and I can help u rank better, send me your link and I will audit it.

cool , will do. My problem with yelp is we just didnt have enough reviews. we did an ad program with them and it was a waste because of little reviews, with angies list we started with 3 reviews but still got business in the beginning and AL actively gets customers to leave reviews so it started a little slow but then snowballed into us getting almost everything from them now. Yelp just didnt have the same results, actually one big thing on my to do list is to go through and call all the customers that left us a review on AL and get them to write a yelp copy paste for a discount
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:20 pm

Glad to hear something like Angies List can be profitable to someone.
Yelp is free. Also if a customer isn't a yelp member already and they just sign up to write your review they probably won't count it. But you never know , they might have searched for u there in the past and forgot or they may log into their child's account and it could work. Good thinking.
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:35 pm

Wow sounds like a pretty legit company! Ya it is possible but like I said they gotta know what they are doing and sounds like they do. Good thing they have examples to show you too. Is their an initial fee or just monthly from the get go. Your site sounds like it's gonna be really something different and will set u apart enough to stand out and get some mass calls coming in.
Keep me updated on how they do!
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:13 pm

it is a 550.00 set up, then monthly. Not too bad I just need one job/ month out of it to not lose.

Definitely need to take advantage of the free yelp... we gotta get up to at least 30 reviews then I think it will start moving.

well see how it goes, it will take probably several months to have a good impact.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down