Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Project Bud

+8
Pro Touch
dp1
Freemind1
ACpower1
Mo
Davey Cracker
SCCC
milspec6
12 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Project Bud - Page 6 Empty Re: Project Bud

Post by Mo Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:46 am

360 video of Project Bud coming soon cheers cheers cheers
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:27 pm

Mo wrote:360 video of Project Bud coming soon cheers cheers cheers

Maybe not today.

I just spent some time filming a simple 360 with build details with my droid phone.  Things were not going well from the start as my phone kept telling me that the video could not be played.  After 4 attempts at it, it finally gave me video that would play......it flipped the orientation upside down for half of the video and then corrected itself. confused

I uploaded to my computer in hopes of editing it into something workable, but now my laptop tells me that it can't play the video as it doesn't support mp4 files. smash pc

It is still playable on my phone, but I no longer have an email linked up on my phone since my service provider decided to change all the emails from the google one to this 3rd world Uganda mud hut provider Mad

So, no video tonight.  I will keep trying to get this corrected, but it might have to wait until I can borrow a different device....I do have an old camera that takes video, I will try that tomorrow.

So, for tonight, I can offer up some simple photos and details:

Project Bud - Page 6 Nprdrv10

Project Bud - Page 6 Nprpas11

There were some brilliant things in the video, but this is all I got right now.  I did start it up at the video's end for a sound check....not too bad actually.  It displayed 88 db, but with the roll-up doors open on both sides, it actually sounded acceptable.  I guess it didn't have a back wall to resonate off of like in a van, so it really wasn't too bad.

Hopefully, I get some video to cooperate tomorrow......stay tuned.

milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:11 pm

Look at all that room. I like how you have the LG and water tank in one compartment. I won't melt it will it? I probably would have put the LG on the same side as the machine

You could probably fit a shower and sink in there you know
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:23 pm

I was going to put the LG next to the tnt and put the hose reel in that last compartment, but that would have put my chemical shell and wands on the other side of the truck. Neither lay-out is what I had planned from the beginning.

The water tank should be okay....hopefully as it is about 4.5 inches away. My thinking was that maybe it would help warm the water tank in the winter to reduce the propane usage. Just not so much that it melts.

There is a lot of usable space left....not really sure what I will do with it, but judging by my garage....it will get filled quickly. Very Happy
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:26 pm

Ahh yes a pre heater good idea.

I have always wanted a space to put all of my small stuff in neatly organized. Its just all over the place now
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:34 pm

My biggest organization hurdle right now are those narrow spaces with the shelves. They are really deep and a decent width, but the height makes things difficult. I had to give up on my water softener as a result.

They are 42x42x26 high....good size, but what to do with them? A slide out tray? Mounting a vice and tool box? storage bins?

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:02 pm

In case you haven't thought about it, you could extend the LG exhaust up and either out of the top of the van with a low profile vent or the the side. As for the preheat tank you could put a bleeder line off the LG with a jet down inside the water tank then when you're running it will raise the temp of the water with a valve in the line to control the dump pressure or cut it off. Just food for thought.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:20 pm

Where's the Orbot
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:50 pm

The garage is still full of all the toys not on the truck.

I don't see any need to load spinners, orbots, rx20, dehu, air scrubbers, etc. unless the job demands it. The space is there to transport what I might need on a case-by-case scenario.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:14 am

I love that truck! I think as you go you will start to fill areas....maybe a dehu and a few airmovers would be a finished look. Wink

Sorry for not reading all this thread but is winter an issue because you can keep the TM from freezing? or are you trying to keep is safe from theft?
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:05 pm

I expect to add all the finished stuff once it starts getting put to work and the inspiration hits. You can't see it in the picture, but below that fire extinguisher is a stainless steel cup holder that holds 2 WD40 cans perfectly for easy reach.

Security isn't an issue, the roll-up doors all lock and I live in a quiet area. The problem is how do you keep it from freezing on the road en route to the job?

The roll-up doors do not seal, the walls are just double walled aluminum panels, the water tank and inlet hose is right next to the doors, and there is no way to circulate hot air in there with those panels

Looking back, I should have found one with a sleeper compartment. Then I could carry items that are prone to freezing in the heated cab....might still be able to add one, just don't know.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:55 pm

Lookin' good.....I love seeing the pictures!!! MO0000UR!!!
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:44 pm

Pictures I can do....here are some for you.

Project Bud - Page 6 Cuphol10

Project Bud - Page 6 Apo10

My reclaimed butler apo box.  Just an aluminum housing with circuit breaker and toggle switch running a jabsco water puppy pump inside and filter.

Project Bud - Page 6 Apolum10

Moderate hack plumbing to go along with it.

Project Bud - Page 6 Teeclo10

Simple tee mod to feed psi reel to go live while keeping the dash gauges.

Project Bud - Page 6 Tntrea10

Rear of the tnt compartment.  Found the aluminum tank dripping from the AN fitting, so I might have to install a vent as it appears to be over=pressuring.

Project Bud - Page 6 Livero10

Feed line to the live reel routing.  It was amazing how every length of hose used to tie in the machine were 7 footers...should make spares easy to keep on hand as well as making field repairs simple.

Project Bud - Page 6 Tpump10

Transfer pump with aluminum filter...not the place I wanted to put it at all.  It was supposed to be at the base of the tnt beneath the battery to keep the wiring simple and I reserved a space for it with good air flow.  Unfortunately, the inlet/outlet were reversed from what I expected and it couldn't be mounted there.  This may have to be changed later, but at least it gave me very straight hose runs without risk of kinks.

Project Bud - Page 6 Nprfin10

Water tank anchored by D-rings.  It includes a 1 inch drain unless the LG heater melts it away...we shall see on that one.

Project Bud - Page 6 Drainv10

It looks worse than it really is.  The distance is actually just over 4 inches from the heater's base.  Hopefully, that will be enough.  It is a polypropylene piping for herbicide sprayers, I can get replacements local all day long.

Project Bud - Page 6 Wands10

Project Bud - Page 6 Quickf10

The wands fit perfectly right at the start.  The angle was ideal and only needed a rubber pad on the wall to keep them from sliding during turns.  

The rakes and stair tool are anchored with quick fist clamps.  I really need to buy more of them, they are awesome.

There you go Davey....now you can start laughing.  This was planned as my dream truck and ended up being hillbilly built with whatever the truck would allow me to do.

Sort of like cleaning carpets, often it isn't what we do, but it allows us to do. Very Happy
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:02 pm

That's little giant look brand new. What temps are you getting ATW
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:25 pm

Well, it practically is brand new at less than 400 hours on the machine.

As for atw temps.....no idea since the belly tank isn't installed yet. Judson says up to 250 degrees at the machine, so I would guess probably as much as 230 on a standard 100 foot run.

Being used to a max of 200 at the machine, I don't think I am going to crank the heat anytime soon. If I can hold 195 atw year round, I will be all smiles.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:36 pm

I'm not laughing, it all looks great to me...........I could look at those pics all day long if they kept coming. wink

Where do you get the "quick fist clamps"?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:38 pm

BTW I don't think you'll have a prob with heater close to tank, the only time I've had mine melt plastic or catch something on fire, is when it was actually touching the heaters sheet metal.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:44 pm

I just realized how tough it would be to have lift the 100 orbot into the truck. Might not be for you cause your tall but it would be for me
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:21 pm

Actually, the great thing about these beverage trucks are that they were designed to be about waist height to make lifting easy. It makes it really easy to place equipment in / out without strain.

I still don't know if I am going to wrap it this fall or not. I would have to paint the doors probably, but could wrap the rest of it in vinyl. Have to think that one over for awhile.

I hope to get the heat hooked up and all the little bugs worked out in time for this weekend. I have an 8k sqft conference room to clean and then 15k sqft next week including that reptile building where that extra heat would be really nice.

If I had a chance to do this all over, I would have done it all differently and much smarter. I guess that is how you learn.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:16 pm

damn!! looks good, I didnt realize you bought a new TNT

thats going to be a great truck to work out of, cant say enough about how awsome the side access is.

ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:55 pm

I think I am finally getting a handle on this propane issue.

I spoke with my only immediate local source for propane filling about 15 minutes from my shop. He was closing the station to retire in 2 months. affraid

So, I opened the conversation about purchasing his 500 gallon tank with electric pump to do my own fillings. Then I called the propane company to ask if they would move and set-up the tank if I contracted with them for my propane source.

Well, they handed me to a tech who offered another suggestion after seeing the truck. He suggested installing a rack on the front of the box to carry several bbq tanks under a plastic cover like you find on cargo trailers. Then, I could just swap them out at just about every gas station in this area as needed.

Basically, I would operate like the hot air balloon guys do. Carry short term usage tanks and keep rotating them.

The benefit here would be the ease at finding propane as tanks are available for swapping at nearly every gas station near me. Sure, I would have to remove the tank and set it on the ground for usage as well as swapping them out during long jobs (bbq tank carries enough for about 4-5 hours of commercial wanding and 8-10 residential), but it might work out.

What do you guys think....good idea, bad idea?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:20 pm

I think it's a good idea, and the same reason I suggested a couple weeks ago you use BBQ tanks, and just swap them out with the Blue Rhinos because they are easy to get.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:22 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:I think it's a good idea, and the same reason I suggested a couple weeks ago you use BBQ tanks, and just swap them out with the Blue Rhinos because they are easy to get.

I remember, but my brain works like an aquifer, things take awhile to pass through layers of earth before it is usable. Very Happy
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:27 pm

LOL
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:00 pm

There are several things you can put between the tank and heater....this came to mind but I know there are others and cheaper. Im still trying to figure out how to keep that thing winter proof during travel.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Colorado-Cylinder-Stoves-Stove-Mat-Tent-Shield/productDetail/Heaters/prod99999036663/cat100894?ref=google?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shoppingfeeds&utm_term=prod99999036663&utm_campaign=GDF&gdftrk=gdfV25884_a_7c2345_a_7c8590_a_7cprod99999036663&gclid=CK7V0cPjqccCFQYvaQod1igEfg&kpid=prod99999036663
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next