Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Lost 2 big estimates and not unhappy at all

5 posters

Go down

Lost 2 big estimates and not unhappy at all Empty Lost 2 big estimates and not unhappy at all

Post by Cjcann Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:48 am

Phones should be ringing a bit better, but i'm not worried. Gave 2 quotes. One on the 3rd floor of an office building 1400 s.f.- would have to run hose from ground floor. The other a 7 large room ranch with carpets that have not been cleaned since Reagan was President. They obviously went with someone cheaper. Good- I am not going to cut my rate to break my ass anymore. I have worked less this week but made more money. We should all strive to do this. In the past I would have panicked and called them up and , yada yada yada. NOT WORTH IT! If you get 90% of the quotes/estimates that you give your prices are too low.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Lost 2 big estimates and not unhappy at all Empty Re: Lost 2 big estimates and not unhappy at all

Post by dp1 Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:37 am

What Dave's been echoing around here for like decades laughing
I couldn't agree more, I will chase down almost any job higher than $ 1000 but not if I have to drop my prices to unreasonable amount.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Lost 2 big estimates and not unhappy at all Empty Re: Lost 2 big estimates and not unhappy at all

Post by Devon07 Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:49 am

I will lose a job over a dollar. My rates are my rates and I will calculate them as needed. When someone doesnt use me I know it was more about money than quality and can walk away proud. I do like to leave a bug in the ear of the potential customer in the event they use someone else....""Mr Cutomer, if you choose to use another cleaner, I understand, BUT let me clean after them in a small area so you can see why the difference"" Then, when they use someone else they have the itch to know BUT will obviously never let you know they are itching....kind of a calling card. LOL

Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:23 am

I think I got to that point after 2 years in the business. I always end the call with" let me know if I could be of assistance in the future" and don't take it personal.

Its funny how in my area, weather affects incoming calls. We had some unusually warm weather the last two weeks and was busy. The weather got cold with chance of rain and the calls came to a screech only have 3 scheduled for next week.

Perfect timing my heater is out and my Orbot is down as well.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:03 pm

Never take a deal personal. Easier said than done at times, but it doesn't make the customer stupid nor does it make the cleaner a bad cleaner....just wasn't compatible.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:35 pm

Mo wrote:I think I got to that point after 2 years in the business. I always end the call with" let me know if I could be of assistance in the future" and don't take it personal.

Its funny how in my area, weather affects incoming calls. We had some unusually warm weather the last two weeks and was busy. The weather got cold with chance of rain and the calls came to a screech only have 3 scheduled for next week.

Perfect timing my heater is out and my Orbot is down as well.

I have some nice jobs scheduled- still it should be busier for his time of year. mmmmm
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down