Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Ever met up your local Cleaner Friends?...

+2
Devon07
Davey Cracker
6 posters

Go down

Ever met up your local Cleaner Friends?... Empty Ever met up your local Cleaner Friends?...

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:00 pm

I met up with DP again today (we have many times) to have lunch and swap some equip and supplies. And we always swap stories, I guess it could be assumed that I don't learn anything from him, being I've been in this biz prob about 4x as long as he has, but that''s not the case, I think I learn as much from him as he does from me?...if not I guess I'm doing something wrong. lol ........it's great to talk shop with others in the biz, I think.

Do you ever do it?

Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Ever met up your local Cleaner Friends?... Empty Re: Ever met up your local Cleaner Friends?...

Post by Devon07 Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:11 pm

Honestly I dont have anyone around here who is "that" cleaner....they are shady or know it alls here...im open to learn and when someone like me meets a know it all, it makes for a lop sided meeting. lol

Back when I was on the fence to getting back in this I hired the so called best around here to clean my carpets....OMG! these guys are a joke as far as quality goes. They are why I got off the fence!

Thats why I come here...I learn a lot and enjoy the visit....wish it was in person for sure. Ive talked with DP and the phone and several pms....he is a good source and friendly perosn.

Davey you've been too busy to catch up with lately....hopefully soon.

Last edited by Devon07 on Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot a whole word!)
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Ever met up your local Cleaner Friends?... Empty Re: Ever met up your local Cleaner Friends?...

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:15 pm

I'm sure we could met up/talk tomorrow eve if that works for you?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:21 pm

yeah....i'll try and get with you tomorrow eve. I say that not knowing if the wife has plans but I bet not.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:16 pm

Sounds good, just hit me up with a text, but I think I'll be free.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:19 am

I sure have Laughing Twisted Evil a few of them actually, I used to think of all carpet cleaners as competitors and just avoid them at any cost, even the ones who came over as I was cleaning and said hi, not anymore, I believe that there is enough business for everyone.
My local competitor actually bought my older prochem and we ended up being a very good friend, he refer quite a few jobs my way and I refer very few jobs his way as well as taking him to lunches from time to time as my token of appreciation.
I have learned a LOT from him ( 40 years experience ) and Davey too. I never knew networking with professional cleaners can be this fun.
I also want to remind you all about ICE convention for January of 2016 ? I think Mo said he's going to go, are you going Dave ? I hope we can see you too Devon ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:38 am

I have a couple that will hit me up for advice or to show off their new purchases, but we never seem to actually sit down and talk shop.

I really think most cleaners are operating like a bunch of stray dogs trying to feel out who is the alpha dog. They walk around each other in circles trying to keep a close eye on all the rivals to avoid getting bit.

Now if they would operate like a pack of huskies, they could start pulling together at high speed and efficiency instead of growing mangy and getting covered in bite marks.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:52 am

Rob....they do that to the Alpha dog.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:08 am

I have a couple buddies I have lunch with. One is a portable guy so I refer him stuff more suited for that. Oh and I have make that had one other friend in the biz that killed himself this week.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:00 pm

Wow Ken....thats to bad. Sad
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:18 pm

Ken Raddon wrote:I have a couple buddies I have lunch with.  One is a portable guy so I refer him stuff more suited for that.  Oh and I have make that had one other friend in the biz that killed himself this week.

Sorry to hear that Ken....nobody should have to deal with that.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:09 pm

Condolences to you Ken. It's just sad that a person could get to a point were they just want to end it all.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:12 pm

A little over a year ago a few of us got together at Cal Tools to hang out and play with some tools it was fun.

I went to ICE a couple of years ago. I met a lot of suppliers but not many cleaners. Maybe it was because I was from the little cleaners lounge forum Very Happy

Ill go to ICE again if you guys are going?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:37 pm

I'm pretty sure I'll be going, of course it also depends on the dates, so I hope they are not doing it on the weekends ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:39 pm

I just checked and it's January 21st and 22nd, Thursday and Friday, it shucks man, not sure I'm going to be able to go.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:02 pm

We helped each other out here and there but not a ton. It just sucks knowing that he wont be there the next time I need him.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:02 pm

Mo wrote:A little over a year ago a few of us got together at Cal Tools to hang out and play with some tools it was fun.

That reminds me, I miss Bill, hot rod Bill.....wish he would come back.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:07 pm

I just talked to Devon07 on the phone for a long time. He wanted to talk to see if I could help him with a couple things........I hope I was able to?, because that was the point and my goal. But you know how it is, you forget what you were useful for or what you were going to say. wink
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:23 pm

Davey had more good info then I was expecting! he's been holding back. really a good guy too....like I need to tell you guys.

Honestly I was with hopes of teaching him a thing or two and maybe take something away from the visit, boy was I wrong....he's got game that guy! I have a little more respect for him now. Thanks Davey! You guys should take the Davey Crash coarse...only $90 an hr if you use this promo code #22g3na
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:29 pm

Hahaha.....it's going to be hard to convince them after what an a$$ I am on this board. loll

Glad I was helpful, Dev, but I gave you my "first time customer" rate at $90 an hr. My normal rate is $150 hr., just ask DP, he pays me in nice lunches. laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:44 pm

Okay...im off to bed....Thanks again Dave!

Dont forget to lock up!.....................poof!
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:19 pm

Scott (Devon) is really very knowledgeable and a nice guy if you guys ever have the chance to met or talk with him.

But I really like talking to other cleaners, so I guess take what I say with a grin of salt. .........right, DP, too much is not necessarily a good thing. dancing .
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:05 am

Davey Cracker wrote:Scott (Devon) is really very knowledgeable and a nice guy if you guys ever have the chance to met or talk with him.

But I really like talking to other cleaners, so I guess take what I say with a grin of salt. .........right, DP, too much is not necessarily a good thing.  dancing .

Ahha you misspelled meet Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:56 am

mo....lol
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down