Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Tile and Grout Question

+2
Mo
Devon07
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tile and Grout Question - Page 2 Empty Re: Tile and Grout Question

Post by Rainbow Rider Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:59 pm

I had a tech who allowed his wife to start stripping. I warned him some guy would sweet talk her. Sure enough! She was a gorgeous blond with out a brain in her head. She dumped him. I saw her a few years later and she looked like she'd been drawn through a knot hole backwards.
He would sit and watch her take it all off every night and got a kick out of it. Then he wanted to start working no earlier than 10:00 in the morning. When I wouldn't put up with it he quit. She was making all kinds of bread. After she left him he came back wanting his old job back. I re-hired him. He didn't learn a thing. A few months later he was (courting) a beauty from Colombia. He took off two weeks to go visit her. They got engaged. He started sending her money. Enough to get the implants she always wanted. He quit and moved to the mainland. I ran into him again maybe six months or a year later. She moved to the US and they got married. That lasted just long enough so she could stay and she left his dumb ass. Go figure.

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:02 pm

Im going to save my thread....I havent done the job yet ...he is kind of a friend and I have freedom to move it around.....I did however stop by and test.

When I look under the fridge the newer undisturbed tile is in fact tan......I tested with a scrub brush four products with no luck on getting it back to a tan....I used 2790, procyon, simple green, and amonia straight. All of them had a dwell time of 7 minutes, then I scrubbed with a brush...they all gave up soil but not one showed tan. I suspect it will need the extra help of the spinner. I did get my Cobra in and could use that to test spot again....but im puzzled for now.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:56 am

Rainbow Rider wrote:I had a tech who allowed his wife to start stripping. I warned him some guy would sweet talk her. Sure enough! She was a gorgeous blond with out a brain in her head. She dumped him. I saw her a few years later and she looked like she'd been drawn through a knot hole backwards.
    He would sit and watch her take it all off every night and got a kick out of it. Then he wanted to start working no earlier than 10:00 in the morning. When I wouldn't put up with it he quit. She was making all kinds of bread. After she left him he came back wanting his old job back. I re-hired him. He didn't learn a thing. A few months later he was (courting) a beauty from Colombia. He took off two weeks to go visit her. They got engaged. He started sending her money. Enough to get the implants she always wanted. He quit and moved to the mainland. I ran into him again maybe six months or a year later. She moved to the US and they got married. That lasted just long enough so she could stay and she left his dumb ass. Go figure.

Sounds like he had some fum while it lasted. Luckily he has an employer that will help fiance his dating or stupidity Very Happy

I feel bad for the carpet cleaners that searches the forum for a good floor stripper. Leave it to the single confus ethe two Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:01 am

Devon07 wrote:Im going to save my thread....I havent done the job yet ...he is kind of a friend and I have freedom to move it around.....I did however stop by and test.

When I look under the fridge the newer undisturbed tile is in fact tan......I tested with a scrub brush four products with no luck on getting it back to a tan....I used 2790, procyon, simple green, and amonia straight. All of them had a dwell time of 7 minutes, then I scrubbed with a brush...they all gave up soil but not one showed tan. I suspect it will need the extra help of the spinner. I did get my Cobra in and could use that to test spot again....but im puzzled for now.

Nice save Devon. For me personally If can't get it clean with the spinner demo I would be done. Other guys may use a brass or stainless steel brush, stronger acid or color seal.

Tile and Grout Question - Page 2 282150056b6f07ac762678ccb13e2398
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:15 am

Metal brushes are a bad idea...........but I do love a nice looking Stripper. laughing

Metal brushes will leave black marks most of the time, that can almost be impossible to then remove if you don't know how.

Take a TnG cleaning class, Bouys.......if you want to be come a true professional, and know how to do what your competition doesn't. Figure you're the easily beatable target now, as long as you don't know. ..  

Why not become that guy in your area "that does know", how to solve those problems?

When you can solve a customers problem, that no others can't, it makes it much easier to get that 2-3 times the going rate $amount$.

Just ask yourself, "am I in this business to make money and help solve peoples cleaning problems, or just go along like a robot doing the same thing everyone else does"? What a Face

OK, done, wasting my time n energy again, I think?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:30 am

[quote="Davey Cracker"]Metal brushes are a bad idea...........but I do love a nice looking Stripper. laughing

Metal brushes will leave black marks most of the time, that can almost be impossible to then remove if you don't know how.

Take a TnG cleaning class, Bouys.......if you want to be come a true professional, and know how to do what your competition doesn't. Figure you're the easily beatable target now, as long as you don't know. ..  

Why not become that guy in your area "that does know", how to solve those problems?

When you can solve a customers problem, that no others can't, it makes it much easier to get that 2-3 times the going rate $amount$.

Just ask yourself, "am I in this business to make money and help solve peoples cleaning problems, or just go along like a robot doing the same thing everyone else does"?  What a Face

OK, done, wasting my time n energy again, I think?[/quote

Do you mean a...gulp...iicrc course perhaps? Rolling Eyes
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:39 am

Im all about a coarse but my goodness for all the stuff I need to learn it would take the whole year. I did a t/g job today and I was happy and the custy was happier....at first I thought the tile wasnt going to look that great but then the moisture started to dry and POW...looked great.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:44 am

That was one of the first things I had to learn, it isn't over until its dry.

I tended to over-work a flooring because I didn't like the way it was looking when wet. Eventually, I came to understand that things will be different when it dries which is also why I try to have everything dry before I leave.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:46 am

Next time Im taking a fan!
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:48 am

Airpaths are your friend.....your big, heavy, pita friend.

Love mine.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:14 pm

Metal maybe not brass. I refuse to use acid to clean grout.  I want to be able to breath when I'm older the other guys can have it
Tile and Grout Question - Page 2 2Q==
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:05 pm

I've used a blow dryer on demos
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:55 pm

milspec6 wrote:
Davey Cracker wrote:Metal brushes are a bad idea...........but I do love a nice looking Stripper. laughing

Just ask yourself, "am I in this business to make money and help solve peoples cleaning problems, or just go along like a robot doing the same thing everyone else does"?  What a Face

OK, done, wasting my time n energy again, I think?

Do you mean a...gulp...iicrc course perhaps? Rolling Eyes

Nope, he ain't IICRC's boys laughing
Pretty soon I won't be one either if I don't get any more customers or a request to sign their carpet warranty card.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Rider Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:24 am

I was a faithful IICRC member for many years. Each year I paid a fee for Certified Company. Another one for Certified technician and maybe a couple more. Finally after years of seeing little to no value I dropped out. The only feedback I ever got was from a local flooring store who said I needed IICRC certification to get their referral customers. With my reputation they refer customers anyway. Not knocking the IICRC. Just saying.

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Rider Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:25 am

Follow up. I quite paying about eight years ago and I'm still here.

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2