Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

trying to get started with used equipment . help!

+7
Ken Raddon
ACE Services
milspec6
Davey Cracker
Devon07
Mo
southernbred123
11 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

trying to get started with used equipment . help! - Page 3 Empty Re: trying to get started with used equipment . help!

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:01 pm

Not enuf around here, I can tell you that....

And the reason I don't do much of it.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

trying to get started with used equipment . help! - Page 3 Empty Re: trying to get started with used equipment . help!

Post by southernbred123 Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:34 pm

Cant believe I didnt see this when i was looking for carpet machine. Industrial carpet cleaner truck mount $1200 (aub > tallassee) [×] Tallahassee craigslist

southernbred123

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:32 pm

could be a deal or a huge headache.

might have actually saved yourself a pain in the ass
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:55 pm

Commercial tile cleaning is a big deal here during the winter when all the ice melt gets tracked into the stores. Probably not the same in your area, but there are always stores with floors.

The cargo trailer sounds like a very good deal I think you could target the banks and clean both the carpeted areas and tile lobbies without having to fight with the truck mount cleaners. That would get you a good start and make some contacts with loan managers for when it comes time to upgrade the business.

milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:55 am

Southern...play around with this calculator BUT! know that its just a gauge for info.....I get 3 times what it says for my area because of supply and demand! Also, just because everyone may be cheaper doesnt mean they get the work! You offer both services and that alone makes you more marketable. Imagine a guy who is responsible to get the workplace cleaned....when you show up and can handle several of his problems ....its less calls, less risk, etc.

http://www.homewyse.com/maintenance_costs/cost_to_strip_and_wax_floor.html
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by southernbred123 Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:48 pm

Will my 1003 hv handle a rotovac? looking to pick up a used one.

southernbred123

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:51 pm

You can but I would put the lowest jets on the Rotovac and you would have to do dry passes.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by southernbred123 Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:54 pm

ok. i was worried about water usage. having to fill and dump too often with it. extracting behind the crb . Im really just rinsing /flushing right?So what psi should I be running my wand at?

southernbred123

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:07 pm

Yes, if your extractor only holds 10 gallons or so, you would have to fill and dump after every room, which is going to be very unefficient, I think you should use Rotovac only when needed, like very soiled carpets or lots of pet stains, etc.
Another idea is get a CFX, I believe they have auto dump feature ? I could be wrong on that but you get the idea, get something with auto dump and auto fill feature, even then there is still extra set up time involved as well as bringing an extra hose for dumping.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by southernbred123 Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:14 pm

Ok. thanks. i'm eventually gonna step up to a truck mount. I see used ones selling around here cheaper than a good portable. Dont know what to look out for . don't want to buy a headache. Saw one with less than 1000 hrs for $1200 with reels hoses and tanks.

southernbred123

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:15 pm

Auto dump and fill is a very valuable feature to have if you are doing larger areas. You can just rig up a simple coleman utillity sump pump and drop it into your waste tank for the auto out feature....costs like $45 and some garden hose.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by southernbred123 Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:16 pm

milspec6 wrote:Auto dump and fill is a very valuable feature to have if you are doing larger areas.  You can just rig up a simple coleman utillity sump pump and drop it into your waste tank for the auto out feature....costs like $45 and some garden hose.

Thanks!! great idea

southernbred123

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:20 pm

Sometimes simple is the way to go.

Good luck with it.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:51 pm

southernbred123 wrote:Ok. thanks. i'm eventually gonna step up to a truck mount. I see used ones selling around here cheaper than a good portable. Dont know what to look out for . don't want to buy a headache. Saw one with less than 1000 hrs for $1200 with reels hoses and tanks.

Avoid blueline TM at all cost and also avoid spit fire at all cost, hydra master boxxer 421 has great reps for start ups, also prochem ( I'm very bias with Prochem btw ) cause I think they are the most reliable ( the newer ones though ) you have to be careful with buying the older one because they can be a pain in the butt to tinker.
Most guys here in the forum likes TNT, I don't know anything about it but I heard you can buy parts for it at auto part store which is very convenient.
Good luck !
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:09 am

When you get ready for the tm call me I've got customers selling used TM'S and other things sometimes. If it's something I've worked on I'll be straight up with you about it. If it's someone else's all I can do is give you the pros and the cons of the unit.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by southernbred123 Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:19 pm

trying to get started with used equipment . help! - Page 3 00202_85DkGaQe0CR_600x450 Any thoughts on a bane ?

southernbred123

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:26 pm

I wouldn't suggest the Bane Clean, you can do better out there.

That being said, the Bane clean website has a lot of great information for someone starting out. You would do well to review it yourself as I think it was the owner support that made that system work and not so much the equipment.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:28 pm

Hydramaster is junk unless you get the higher end machines....even then the customer service sucks and they don't seem to stand behind their products. Prochem like DP says seems to be the new game in town.....TNT like the guys talk about here as well....I don't know about them though. I got a Cleanco 47 and so far I love it.

I think your best bet would be to talk with ACE.....he seems to know a lot about whats out there and has contacts for used stuff. The Bane clean has been around a long time but I know nothing from using one.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by southernbred123 Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:59 pm

ACE Services wrote:When you get ready for the tm call me I've got customers selling used TM'S and other things sometimes. If it's something I've worked on I'll be straight up with you about it. If it's someone else's all I can do is give you the pros and the cons of the unit.
What can i look to spend on a decent set up?

southernbred123

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:08 pm

Every area is unique regarding prices.

I have found that you can buy someone's back-up direct drives for around 8-12k that will be good units for 3-5 years.

I think you can still find some very nice slide-in set-ups for 3-4k dollars. Heck, my practically new TNT was $7000 with a #4 Heater. You just have keep your eyes open and get some help from guys like ACE who knows what to look for.

Normally find some real bargains in December when businesses that didn't save up for the slow down go under or else look to upgrade for tax reasons.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:26 pm

Let's talk. I like to talk to the customer. Back when I worked for ILS the sales representatives didn't like me to talk to first time buyer's. They always tried to up sell a bigger unit than they needed under the "You are going to out grow the unit "so they've  never cleaned carpet before and a salesman puts you 20k in debit because you are going to grow. Guess how many repo's I've seen. Start with what you can afford. Have you got a van if so what size is it. This has a lot to do with what size unit you can carry. Listen to these guys learn from them and their experiences. Just starting out, no client base, don't know if you are going to like the work because it is work. DON'T BUY NEW my opinion. Keep overhead down working capital up. 
That being said call me my number is on my profile.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:46 pm

ACE Services wrote:Let's talk. I like to talk to the customer. Back when I worked for ILS the sales representatives didn't like me to talk to first time buyer's. They always tried to up sell a bigger unit than they needed under the "You are going to out grow the unit "so they've  never cleaned carpet before and a salesman puts you 20k in debit because you are going to grow. Guess how many repo's I've seen. Start with what you can afford. Have you got a van if so what size is it. This has a lot to do with what size unit you can carry. Listen to these guys learn from them and their experiences. Just starting out, no client base, don't know if you are going to like the work because it is work. DON'T BUY NEW my opinion. Keep overhead down working capital up. 
That being said call me my number is on my profile.

This is the best advice a man can ever get right here ! Just like I said don't spend too much on creating a corporation yet because you never know if you're going to like cleaning carpets or not, this is even better advice, don't spend too much on equipments cause winter is right around the corner, cheap customers are smart, they wait until winter comes cause they know carpet cleaners will be desperate by then and will clean for food, if you're starting up, you have to do what you have to do to survive but winter can be brutal my friend, listen to ACE, he's the man ! And don't forget to save in the holiday busy season for a few winter months Very Happy
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:12 am

What's your budget for a truckmount Southern?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by southernbred123 Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:48 pm

My budget is slim at the moment. Just trying to pull a rabbit out of the hat. I've done it before.. I have been bartering for most of the equipment i have. I might just have to make due with the portable and tile equipment till i get more cash up. I found a whole set up but its older and made by truck mount inc. It comes with a cat pump, tanks, 18 hp kohler,wands ,hoses and reels for $900. It is suppose to be a working set up. I could either buy it or rebuild my portable so its dependable. I'm just a poor man trying to make something out of nothing ..lol....

southernbred123

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:28 pm

A man gotta start somewhere, some of the most successful people start from the very bottom, we're here to help you with advise and such.

I would rebuild the portable first before getting any more equipment that you don't know are going to give you headaches or not. Carpet cleaning equipments parts are very expensive, you don't want to be running out of cash with broken equipments.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next