Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

trying to get started with used equipment . help!

+7
Ken Raddon
ACE Services
milspec6
Davey Cracker
Devon07
Mo
southernbred123
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

trying to get started with used equipment . help! Empty trying to get started with used equipment . help!

Post by southernbred123 Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:38 am

I'm looking at a used mytee hp100. The seller had a carpet cleaning business. Everything I see online about the hp100 is auto detailing. Is it possible to get started with this machine cleaning carpets? I have a Whittaker twin 15 and was going to focus more on encap. But I also know you need an extractor on hand. Trying to get started with a very limited budget. Any advice would be appreciated.

southernbred123

Back to top Go down

trying to get started with used equipment . help! Empty Re: trying to get started with used equipment . help!

Post by Mo Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:11 am

Welcome southernbread. If you use that CRB to pre scrub and a portable to extarct afterwards you'll be ahead of the game of a lot of guys running truckmounts.

That being said I would shop around for a better extractor, That one their has heat but very little CFM. The heater is is using up all the power. Go with one with out heat and use all available amps for CFM and lift. You can always pour hot water in your solution tank.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

trying to get started with used equipment . help! Empty Re: trying to get started with used equipment . help!

Post by Devon07 Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:01 am

southernbred...Welcome!

I second what Mo said.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:09 am

Welcome southernbred!

Sorry I can't help, I've been out of the porty loop too long.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:56 am

Agree with Mo, look for better flushing in an extractor and not worry so much about heat.

I don't know what is out there for a good portable anymore, but if can find one that can give you flow of 3 gpm or better, you will be competing with most truckmounts.

I started out that very way, a good scrubber and a steamin demon extractor. It was excellent combination for the first 2 years of business.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:27 pm

Where are you located.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:34 pm

Look up a thermax thermanator I have a used one in ggreat shape. Call me we can talk about it if interested. 
Welcome to the board. Glad to have ya.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:28 pm

I started with a 100 psi, dual 2 stage vac, ten gallon, one cord portable, Nija to be exact. Went to an off brand 17 gallon, 500 psi, dual 3 stage vac, two cord machine and neither had heat. I did prescrub the nasties but dang that was slow going. But you're in the game now just keep your eye open for a bigger/badder machine and keep upgrading until you're in a truckmount system.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:32 pm

I just looked the hp100 up and if you're getting that machine under a grand then it'll work for the first couple hundred homes.

BTW if you go with a different machine thinking you can pour heated water into your tank DON'T. The hottest water I've seen a portable pump rated for is 160°. The hottest you'll find coming out of a home water heater is 140° and that's only if you turn them all the way up.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:27 pm

I don't know what your budget is southern but I would not buy that one.

There's a reason why they market it as an upholstery machine. Your going to put it under load with a wand and pop breakers if you try to use the heater.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:46 pm

Since you are going into the encap market, that extractor would be more for stairs or certain stains / gum removals, etc., so you could make that Mytee work, but at 100 psi....I would pass.

You are likely going after small commercial offices, so you will want more than 100 psi on that commercial stuff. There are better extractors to find and at good prices, you just have to be patient and keep your eyes open for a deal.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by southernbred123 Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:50 pm

Just want to thank everybody for the response.It turns out the guy had a mytee 1003hv ,not the hp100 . I got the carpet cleaner, wand , upholstery tool, a powerflite scrubber with heads to do tile and a couple cases of stripper and wax. I traded a $350 rifle and $400 for all of it. Its definately a good start.

southernbred123

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:09 pm

Sounds like you got a great deal.

Good luck, Man! wink
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:14 pm

Ken Raddon wrote:I started with a 100 psi, dual 2 stage vac, ten gallon, one cord portable......

That's the same type I used my first few years in this biz.
Had no prob cleaning with it then, but now try going back to it. Laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:59 am

You got a great deal!!

You have the bullets and a gun, now it is just a matter of going out and picking a fight....in a business sense.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:14 am

Congrats Southernbend! I gave up my guns before also. I think when a man lets a gun go he is getting serious! lol

Be professional and make some money! Starting off like you are will someday soon be very rewarding!

I always love to hear about a guy or gal who started with a toothbrush and home depot bucket and turned it into a multi van company! In this industry this can still be achieved! you are way ahead of the game already.....just dont forget about that gun, its whats going to drive you. Ive since replaced my guns and some extras.

Did the seller give you any leads or a phone number by chance? stick around and the guys in here will help you out a bunch....times can get tough but this place will help you through it.....I think Davey gives free cash to start ups...ask him! j/k
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:14 am

Yes, I'm the loan osafer here.

Money Pile

You donta pay me back, I breaka you portable!! Twisted Evil
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:50 am

Davey Cracker wrote:Yes, I'm the loan osafer here.

Money Pile

You donta pay me back, I breaka you portable!! Twisted Evil

That's funny Dave. I remember a friend of mine trying to get this cops attention and he kept saying, " Osafer! Osafer! We were rolling with laughter after wards. That post made tear up laughing laughing
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:53 am

Our pleasure southercomfort keep coming back. 

You know they've done studies on forum participation. If you do more than read and actually post your learn more which leads to you becoming more succesful
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:44 pm

Mo wrote:Our pleasure southercomfort keep coming back. 

You know they've done studies on forum participation. If you do more than read and actually post your learn more which leads to you becoming more succesful

And better looking TAZ
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:50 pm

That's the case for most of us
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:28 pm

15:27:43
milspec6 wrote:
Mo wrote:Our pleasure southercomfort keep coming back. 

And better looking TAZ

That's true, I'm the living proof of that, lol, j/k, welcome southerncomfort :-)
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by southernbred123 Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:45 pm

Sorry for not responding sooner. I've been busy lately working my regular job and getting everything together to get started cleaning some carpets. I got a chance to try the equipment out today on my own house. Everything works great! I still have to get my business license and all together. A friend of mine told me to apply for LLC. Is it best to do that online or should i see a CPA? Can anybody tell me what kind of insurance i will need. Thanks again for all the help. You guys are AWESOME!

southernbred123

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:04 pm

No need to post daily....we know how it goes....we also know when you get going you WILL be here daily. LOL LOL
Good luck to ya.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by southernbred123 Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:12 pm

The guy I bought the equipment from lived over an hour and a half away . So I didn't get any contacts from him. I do hotel maintenance at a Hampton Inn in town. I have made a lot of friends working there. Plumbers,Carpet and tile installers,HVAC techs etc... They all say that they can send a lot of business my way. Should I get the iicrc tech certification? I know that some carpet manufacturers require it to maintain warranties on their carpet. Does anybody ever ask if you have it?

southernbred123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next