Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Do you get jobs from your van graphics

+4
ej54
Davey Cracker
milspec6
Mo
8 posters

Go down

Do you get jobs from your van graphics Empty Do you get jobs from your van graphics

Post by Mo Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:34 am

I could probably count one hand the number of jobs I've received from folks that wrote my number off my van while driving. But I think in a small town it does build a brand recognition and awareness because your billboard is traveling in a small radius.

I recall meeting some one at a bar that asked me what I did for a living and when I told him my company name he said, "Oh yeah your the green guy I've seen your van around town." In another instance the guy that did my graphics was checking out my van while parked and noticed the decals were holding up well. So I think its noticed more that what we think.

I normally don't use my van for running personal errands. I took the van yesterday to the auto parts store and scheduled a job in the parking lot, that one will pay for the graphics. I know it's already paid for it's self many times over so for you guys that don't have them they will pay for them selves.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Do you get jobs from your van graphics Empty Re: Do you get jobs from your van graphics

Post by milspec6 Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:15 pm

It does help in a small town, but I only know of 3 times that it got me jobs this year for certain. I suppose there probably were more that I was just never aware of, but like Mo points out, they pay for themselves very quickly.

I still think that you should put a likeness of yourself on the graphics. That way, they will recognize you around town as well. It almost makes you a celebrity in town and that will generate work! People are just weird like that.Rolling Eyes 
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Do you get jobs from your van graphics Empty Re: Do you get jobs from your van graphics

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:41 pm

I wish I could say I've had success with van advertizing/lettering actually getting me jobs, but I guess being in an area far from 'small townish' maybe has something to do with it?

I had van advertizing for many years and honestly only got 2 or 3 jobs from it. scratch 

As I said, I do think it represents a good image, especially when pulling up to a new customers house, but I just don't see the risk/reward being in my favor. Suspect

Last edited by Davey Cracker on Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ej54 Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:22 pm

Agree with you Davey. You don't get that much out of it but it does make you look professional.
ej54
ej54
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.revolutioncleaning.net.au/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred H Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:43 pm

I have gotten a lot of jobs from my vans graphics.
The downside to graphics is that you need to be a very polite driver 100% of the time no matter what the other drivers do.
Fred H
Fred H

http://www.fredscarpetcavalry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ej54 Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:51 am

Fred H wrote:I have gotten a lot of jobs from my vans graphics.
The downside to graphics is that you need to be a very polite driver 100% of the time no matter what the other drivers do.
So true! You don't want to get a be reputation as a maniac driver.
ej54
ej54
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.revolutioncleaning.net.au/

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:00 am

ej54 wrote:
Fred H wrote:I have gotten a lot of jobs from my vans graphics.
So true! You don't want to get a be reputation as a maniac driver.
That shouldn't matter unless you're driving a Taxi!! laughing 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:33 am

I have. It's more of branding like Mo stated. They see your van, when shopping for services they brows the web, phone book see your branding and the link is mad because of mental etiched in there brain from seeing the van. My take.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:50 pm

Here's something that works many angles!
Got out to eat in your van and logo'ed shirt, park right up front.
You get all their customers, you get face time with their customers, you get people driving by seeing your van, and you can possibly land the restaurant!
Another avenue is the billboard analogy used above. I have had many people tell me they see our vans driving around all the time. It also makes your direct marketing work better if the prior week you go do your grocery shopping and eating , getting gas etc in that exact neighborhood right around 5pm when everyone is out!

I also get neighbors coming over and asking for a card while in a residential situation!

And yes I get peopole who call me from behind, but the best part of the logoed van again is people get to have face time with you while shopping or eating or getting gas etc.
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:13 am

Got 2 jobs off my van driving by in the neighborhood on Friday. We were trying to take off the afternoon...was crazy the amount of calls that came in saying they saw our vans today....could you squeeze me in yet today....sure why not.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.saigers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:22 am

[quote="Mark Saiger"]Got 2 jobs off my van driving by in the neighborhood on Friday. We were trying to take off the afternoon...was crazy the amount of calls that came in saying they saw our vans today....could you squeeze me in yet today....sure why not.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com[/quote

Mark, you have the best wrap I've seen in this industry....heck, I want to call you! I know that you gave some great advice on the "former" board, would you re-visit that for those that missed it? Maybe the rest of us just need to improve our packaging to get more success?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:10 am

Thanks for the compliments:  Here is a cut and paste from the old board....hope the pics come along with it Smile...nope they did not....LOL....

We get compliments about our wrapped vans all over our area. Everyone says they "see our vans everywhere". They are a traveling Billboard and they do work.

If you go to wrap a van you do have to make sure that The lettering is very definate. I have my lettering added on top of the wrap seperately so I get a better 3 dimensional look. I also have my lettering outlined in thick White and Black backgrounds. White and Black stick out the best. My names on my trucks are actually in reflective red so that they glow in the dark.

I come from a Music educator background with Marching Band background as well. We competed on a National level a lot (and did quite well). In marching band, you get 8 minutes to present a theme and show. Every 20 to 30 seconds something new had to happen. Also, you had to build visual to be seen from a distance. There are a lot of tricks in that industry and I transferred a lot of them in my vans visual designs. I could spend a lot of time typing here about it, and I will definitely try to keep adding things as I can get some more time to do so.  Also, I am struggling with photobucket today, so I will get pics up asap

Do you get jobs from your van graphics NewTrailerpicswithvan003-1

Do you get jobs from your van graphics IMG-20111028-00108-1
[​IMG]

A picture of our logo at night on our trailer.
Do you get jobs from your van graphics 2012-10-20205030_zps5f5a763c

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.saigers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:26 pm

Awesome!! I didn't know they were reflective...nice touch.

I have to look into a wrap for 2014, so I guess it is time to start doing the research.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down