Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

The missing link

+11
Mo
Erik
Ken Raddon
SteamPunk
Larry Henson
Ryan S
REALCLEAN
OneBlueSummer
Freemind1
ODIN
milspec6
15 posters

Go down

The missing link Empty The missing link

Post by milspec6 Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:37 pm

I was just thinking about what the next big thing should be in this industry. Maybe we could help make that happen sooner by kicking this topic around a little bit. What chemical or tool (that doesn't exist yet) would be the biggest help to you if it existed? There must be something that you really wish existed to make your job easier and more productive.

Some ideas:

A retractable hose reel that could pull the hoses behind you as you cleaned, to replace a helper.

A winter-rated psi hose that insulated against freezing temps on the ground so that they would never freeze.

A powered crb tool that was shaped to fit stairs that would clean all parts of the step with jets and vac recovery.

A self cleaning waste tank that ran spinning power jets and internal vac blower to dry after.

A portable hot air carpet dryer the size of an airpath...maybe just a heating element that attaches to an airpath.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The missing link Empty Re: The missing link

Post by Freemind1 Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:01 pm

Harbor freight or northern tool had heater you could put onto small snail type fans. The disadvantage to these, IMO, was the amount of power the heater pulled. 1500W heaters. You could only run one fan and a heater on each circuit, I would think.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:43 am

milspec6 wrote:I was just thinking about what the next big thing should be in this industry.  Maybe we could help make that happen sooner by kicking this topic around a little bit.  What chemical or tool (that doesn't exist yet) would be the biggest help to you if it existed?  There must be something that you really wish existed to make your job easier and more productive.

Some ideas:

A retractable hose reel that could pull the hoses behind you as you cleaned, to replace a helper.

A winter-rated psi hose that insulated against freezing temps on the ground so that they would never freeze.

A powered crb tool that was shaped to fit stairs that would clean all parts of the step with jets and vac recovery.

A self cleaning waste tank that ran spinning power jets and internal vac blower to dry after.

A portable hot air carpet dryer the size of an airpath...maybe just a heating element that attaches to an airpath.
2. all you would have to do is have a dual layer hose.. inbetween the first and second layer would be anti freeze in a gel like consistancy. The second layer would be the water.
3. Is my big idea that I can't believe no one has done yet... probably because everyone is too power psi hungry and might take a while to adapt but..

A Whitaker type crb with jets on the outerside of the brushes and in the middle would be a 2" hole for a hose. And obviously a QD for your solution hose with a needle valve by the handle. This in my eyes would be the only tool that would replace everything. Because of the brushing action you would also cut down on dry times and use way less water. I am currently testing something close to the above described design and so far the results are amazing! There are other little specifics but those tweaks to the design will remain silent.

I dont understand the point of cleaning out a waste tank..?

Hot airpath well.. all you would need is a heated dripod would be great, crazy no one has done that either. I am sure Terrry could make and ad on unit in a couple hours pirat 

Cool thread!
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:01 pm

A CRB wet/dry vacuum. Hook it up to a truckmount or quality shop vac. I'm amazed at how much it picks up without a vacuum, but it could really knock out some nasty carpet in a hurry, plus t&g.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:22 pm

I just got back from doing some shopping and came across something that I envisioned back in 1979....a clear grease gun. I was told as a kid that it was a stupid idea, yet there it was on the shelf for around $35.

So, I want to take the oppurtunity to say that I also had the idea for a new automotive windshield defrost design. Instead of the defrost coming out solely from the dash and creating that half moon from the bottom, I wanted to add blower vents from the side and the top of the windshield channel so that the air met in the middle at your field of vision. Volkswagen and BMW told me that it wasn't possible due to safety regulations.....if it shows up now, I claim it.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:27 pm

Mr Bose (the stereo guy) invented a defrost system that runs an electric current through the windshield, with no visible wires, that quickly defrosts glass uniformly.

He also engineered a suspension system for cars that could make a 79 Coupe Deville handle better than a modern Porsche. It would both push and pull the wheel to stay in contact with the road. Lexus toyed with it for a little while.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:48 pm

I have always thought a hand tool that snugged up in a U shape to the nose of the stair tread would be nice.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Henson Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:34 am

[quote="OneBlueSummer"]

A Whitaker type crb with jets on the outerside of the brushes and in the middle would be a 2" hole for a hose. And obviously a QD for your solution hose with a needle valve by the handle. This in my eyes would be the only tool that would replace everything. Because of the brushing action you would also cut down on dry times and use way less water. I am currently testing something close to the above described design and so far the results are amazing! There are other little specifics but those tweaks to the design will remain silent.

A guy in Tampa did this to his CRB

The missing link Hostextractor_zps51b114c9
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.absolutelykleener.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SteamPunk Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:56 am

The next big thing is the Nordic1 electric truckmount combined with the 13" Zipper Jr.

SteamPunk
SteamPunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:03 am

How about a sensor that could tell you how far you are from the truck so you could know exactly how much hose you're going to need. I pace it off now and only come up short once in awhile.

An indicator/sensor that could tell you if you've recovered all the prespray.

A "boosticator" It's a device that you place on the carpet and it tells you the soil composition so you know if you need to boost with something in the solvent family or something in the peroxide family.

Here's a prespray idea that I thought of a long time ago. You have your base prespray and to it you add one of two different products I call either "Restaurant Thunder" or "Residential Thunder" or "Commercial Thunder." The base prespray would be great for regular soils in any situation but when you needed it you could pour in the Thunder! I know that there are additives that are a lot like Thunder already but they are not specific enough for me. And really S&O is close enough for me and I just add Peroxide for residential, enzall for restaurants and energy from CTI for commercial.

An automatic rinse switch would be cool too. It would go from higher pH to an acid rinse once you had accomplished everything you could with the alkaline rinse.

This a fun topic let's keep it going.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:24 pm

Larry any more pictures of how the back is attached ? Who? ThaT's getting close and good find man!
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:22 pm

Ryan S wrote:I have always thought a hand tool that snugged up in a U shape to the nose of the stair tread would be nice.

They do make an upholstery tool like you describe. PMF maybe?
Erik
Erik

http://www.zipperwand.com; www.allaroundcarpetcare.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:55 pm

Some interesting ideas here, I like where this is going....has to be more out there, ins't there?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:14 pm

A remote control to turn the truckmount on and off while in the house. I think that might already be available.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:26 pm

How about a robot that can drive, talk to customers, answer all their stupid questions and push the wand ? I'm willing to pay top $$ for that  cyclops dancing 
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:50 pm

Mo wrote:A remote control to turn the truckmount on and off while in the house. I think that might already be available.

That's kinda what I'm working on......................

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com/t368-remote-controlled-tmhelp-advice
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:57 pm

Dave, When I was looking at the cgas to propane conversion kits they also had the remote control kits.

I'll hit you up next week DP. I'm going to be helping my daughter get her house ready for the baby but maybe I can get away and help you out on a job maybe a vacant I'll bring the camera. Where are our located?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:29 pm

you just need a remote start kit from a car alarm, pretty easy to install.

If you had all corner guards in place, a remote for your electric hose reel would be cool, you could retract the hose as you clean but would have to be careful
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Danb Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:10 pm

You should be patenting these ideas before someone else does. Carpet cleaning equipment can be very profitable if you can bring these ideas to market.
Danb
Danb

http://dkbrestoration.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:25 am

Danb wrote:You should be patenting these ideas before someone else does.  Carpet cleaning equipment can be very profitable if you can bring these ideas to market.

I bet you some companies out there is monitoring this thread to get some ideas :-)
Oh well, I'm too busy to build a robot anyway  dancing 
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:30 am

Hey Danb, you should jump in with some b&a! It's fun. Don't forget to describe how you clean it.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down