Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

The Zipper Wand in Action

+10
dp1
Jim Martin
Rainbow Rider
MikeW
CleanTech
ACpower1
milspec6
Davey Cracker
Larry Henson
Mo
14 posters

:: Forums :: Videos

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Zipper Wand in Action - Page 4 Empty Re: The Zipper Wand in Action

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:57 pm

^AS always, great and very two sided explanation. cheers
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Martin Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:41 am

milspec6 wrote:The Zipper clearly has some strong supporters and some strong detractors.  The loaner program netted several no-nonsense reviews with the majority being in the detractor group.

It sounds like the vocal members on Mikey's are liking the tool, but both boards had a rather small group of people providing reviews and a much larger group unwilling to post their comments in fear of crossing a moderator.  Last time I checked, Mark and Jim were mods on Mikey's, so the problem still exists.

Unless there is a much wider swath of reviewers on any board, the real story will not be realized regarding the Zipper.  All I can say is that if you are considering one, read the reviews carefully and trust your gut on what is reality and what is salesmanship in either camp.

It just seems difficult to nail this tool down.  Some say that it is perfect right out of the box while others claim that you need to tune the set-up for each situation that you encounter.  How can they both be correct?  Which is it:  Need the weights, don't need weights, need to holed glide, need the slot glide, needs nothing, must be tuned......?

When it comes right down to it, I just want tools that are reliable and work right off the truck.  I can pull off a wand for light soil, add a crb for medium soil, and the Hoss or RX-20 for the heavy soils....simple and effective.  The Zipper doesn't fit in this line-up anywhere for me.  Great looking tool and a good fit for some cleaners out there, but I think that group is a small one....sorry, I just believe that to be the case.

what problem is there because I am a mod.........that has nothing to do with my review of a tool or anything else...I play favorites to no one......and that is one of the biggest reasons that I am a mod...I don't care who you are.....if I think it is crap then I am going to say it is...........

That being said......the zipper is a great tool that will be around for a long time...it is built to out last you.........it does require that you adjust it to the height of what ever carpet you are cleaning...so yes..out of the box it is a great tool....if you clean different types of carpet with it...then you have to adjust the height......its not that difficult.......

If you think you will like it...then get one..if you don't think it is a good fit for you then don't...no one is twisting your arm either way.................

Jim Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:53 pm

Today I put the other hole glide on (removed the slot glide from the front) so now I have 2 hole glides and still the weight on.  

What a different animal it became.

Way eaiser to push and actually even though we prevaced well, we still had a filter bag fill up in the entry of this small insurance office.  

The Zipper pushes like butter with the 2 holed glides on.

Don't know if when the loaner was out and about, if there were 2 hole glides to try, but that does eliminate the chatter.

The other thing I am finding is I have really not needed to adjust the ride height of the unit from a commercial setting even in a residential cleaning or higher carpet.

I can also see where the curved or "Z" handle could be easier to use in tighter areas.

I was cleaning one handed most of the day I was using it in the set up today.

Just letting people know in case they get a chance to try one.

Tomorrow we have a problem pure white berber that is always dirty and a wicking nightmare.

We are using the 2 holed glides front and back and the weight on.

We want to get this thing flushed out but also as dry as fast as possible.

Not sure if there is any magic bullet for this carpet, but will give this a try!

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.saigers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:07 pm

Jim Martin wrote:
milspec6 wrote:The Zipper clearly has some strong supporters and some strong detractors.  The loaner program netted several no-nonsense reviews with the majority being in the detractor group.

It sounds like the vocal members on Mikey's are liking the tool, but both boards had a rather small group of people providing reviews and a much larger group unwilling to post their comments in fear of crossing a moderator.  Last time I checked, Mark and Jim were mods on Mikey's, so the problem still exists.

Unless there is a much wider swath of reviewers on any board, the real story will not be realized regarding the Zipper.  All I can say is that if you are considering one, read the reviews carefully and trust your gut on what is reality and what is salesmanship in either camp.

It just seems difficult to nail this tool down.  Some say that it is perfect right out of the box while others claim that you need to tune the set-up for each situation that you encounter.  How can they both be correct?  Which is it:  Need the weights, don't need weights, need to holed glide, need the slot glide, needs nothing, must be tuned......?

When it comes right down to it, I just want tools that are reliable and work right off the truck.  I can pull off a wand for light soil, add a crb for medium soil, and the Hoss or RX-20 for the heavy soils....simple and effective.  The Zipper doesn't fit in this line-up anywhere for me.  Great looking tool and a good fit for some cleaners out there, but I think that group is a small one....sorry, I just believe that to be the case.

what problem is there because I am a mod.........that has nothing to do with my review of a tool or anything else...I play favorites to no one......and that is one of the biggest reasons that I am a mod...I don't care who you are.....if I think it is crap then I am going to say it is...........

That being said......the zipper is a great tool that will be around for a long time...it is built to out last you.........it does require that you adjust it to the height of what ever carpet you are cleaning...so yes..out of the box it is a great tool....if you clean different types of carpet with it...then you have to adjust the height......its not that difficult.......

If you think you will like it...then get one..if you don't think it is a good fit for you then don't...no one is twisting your arm either way.................

There is nothing wrong with you being a Mod. and I have always liked your reviews. The point I was making is on how the other readers may respond to it. I'm sure you can understand how a reader might be reluctant to say anything contrary to the opinion given by a Moderator with your experience and reputation...same would go for Mark.

If the contrary opinions aren't getting voiced as a result, there ends up being a lop-sided representation which might lead some to become very disappointed after purchase. It is up to the buyer to make the final decision, but the point of providing reviews is to help them make better decisions, but that requires a wide sampling of reviews.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:19 pm

Mark Saiger wrote:Today I put the other hole glide on (removed the slot glide from the front) so now I have 2 hole glides and still the weight on.  

What a different animal it became.

Way eaiser to push and actually even though we prevaced well, we still had a filter bag fill up in the entry of this small insurance office.  

The Zipper pushes like butter with the 2 holed glides on.

Don't know if when the loaner was out and about, if there were 2 hole glides to try, but that does eliminate the chatter.

The other thing I am finding is I have really not needed to adjust the ride height of the unit from a commercial setting even in a residential cleaning or higher carpet.

I can also see where the curved or "Z" handle could be easier to use in tighter areas.

I was cleaning one handed most of the day I was using it in the set up today.

Just letting people know in case they get a chance to try one.

Tomorrow we have a problem pure white berber that is always dirty and a wicking nightmare.

We are using the 2 holed glides front and back and the weight on.

We want to get this thing flushed out but also as dry as fast as possible.

Not sure if there is any magic bullet for this carpet, but will give this a try!

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

When the loaner program was in full swing, there was only the one set of glides and the original handle. Erik has made some good looking changes with the new handle and it sounds like the chatter has been reduced as well with the glide changes. I would like to think that this board and the reviews had something to do with those changes.

I will still contend that the backward motion is hard on the middle back...not just this tool, but on drag wands, Steamin Demon, etc. I had 2 years experiencing it running Steamin Demons and I will be hard to move on that view as the Zipper caused the same motion and same pain when I used it over extended periods (6+ hours)

I am not trying to tell people to buy it or not buy it (that isn't my place). I just want to make sure that all sides of the tool are getting out there so that readers can make better educated decisions.

It is like when you read hotel reviews, you don't just want to read positive reviews, you want to see the negatives as well and then make a decision. The more reviewers the better and the more diverse experiences the better.

Thanks for putting those videos out there.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:20 pm

Rob I think Erik also changed the position of the hoses so that they doesn't get in the way.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:24 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:I've just noticed a big difference in those people that have tried the zip on the loaner program vs. those that have purchased it.........the degree of satisfaction seems like more than just coincidence?  

I don't think so Dave. Im going to look for the reviews for the floater program and repost them here with out all the drama
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:50 pm

^Cool. What drama are you talking about now?...........

seems everything is "drama" now dancing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:52 pm

My bad that wasn't drama that was Royal Rumble 1
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:10 pm

Mo wrote:Rob I think Erik also changed the position of the hoses so that they doesn't get in the way.

Yup, that too. That is a very good change as the previous position was not my favorite either.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:17 pm

Mo wrote:
Davey Cracker wrote:I've just noticed a big difference in those people that have tried the zip on the loaner program vs. those that have purchased it.........the degree of satisfaction seems like more than just coincidence?  

I don't think so Dave. Im going to look for the reviews for the floater program and repost them here with out all the drama

That is a pretty good idea, but there might have to be a disclaimer as the current model out there is a little different than when we saw it. I'm not sure if it is fair as they are no longer apples to apples.

Now, if we could just get the current edition into far more hands (regardless of which boards) for review, then we would be getting somewhere. I mean they have been selling haven't they? Why are there so few reviews by those that purchased them?

Erik (if you frequent this board, and I think that you do) how about another round?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:30 pm

Mo wrote:

.... Im going to look for the reviews for the floater program and repost ....

If you do that let me know, and I'll try to dig up my review, which I don't think I posted here but rather just emailed to Joe.

But that may not be very popular with the zip lovers. laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:31 pm

I wouldn't want you to get in trouble with Joe.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:33 pm

I don't get in trouble with Joe.......I can do that by myself. dancing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:43 pm

You are pretty good at that.  It really cracks me up when you get to the point were you just don't DGAS Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:11 pm

Doesn't take much for me to get to that point.....I've been there a couple times here, and have been surprised at the results. laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:12 am

I want to make sure that anyone who wants to try one and I can get the opportunity to meet with them, I will be more than happy to do so.

I think it is also important that people have an opportunity to try it.

I am going over to Bemidji, MN this coming Thursday night (11-6-2014) and next Thursday night (11-13-2014) for 2 large jobs my brothers have. They are excited to try it some more (Chinese restaurant and a commercial building)

If anyone is reading this and wants to contact, please feel free to do so and know this is an open invitation for anytime.

I have a couple cleaners from other parts of the State of MN and Minneapolis that want to meet up.

We love cleaning carpets, so there is no problem ever wanting to get a chance to help and show others.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.saigers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:25 am

Nice offer Mark...isn't there a warmer spot to test one out? Smile

Hopefully, some guys take you up on that (Pat Carrol perhaps) and post their opinions.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4