Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

What % will you pay for marketing.

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What % will you pay for marketing. - Page 2 Empty Re: What % will you pay for marketing.

Post by ACpower1 Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:53 pm

they accomplished this "legally" by having a big huge button you cant miss that says "SHOP DEALS" after you search for a service like carpet cleaning

once they hit SHOP DEALS, then it is sorted by the most sold first
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

What % will you pay for marketing. - Page 2 Empty Re: What % will you pay for marketing.

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:00 pm

Mo wrote:Dave we just told Angies list was free? You might already have a review on there. Just check it out. It doesn't have to an either or proposition.

Thanks, Mo..........I'll check that out!!  wink 

I think I'm just about done here anyways!@  dancing laughing 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:41 pm

ACpower1 wrote:let us see your page davey,  I just want to see the number of reviews and what deals your offering  

trying to improve our yelp page,   we dont have enough reviews on there to get a lot of business but going to go old school and call our customers,  offer a discount and ask for a review.  

I realize its free and its nice,  I wasnt knocking it.. just saying why most businesses who generate money from yelp are paying to be on there.    

plus if you pay them theyll block a bad review if you accidently suck a cat into your blower

Not to argue with you, but I really DO NOT believe Yelp is "Blocking bad reviews" for paid advertisers!......In the 3 yrs I've been on there, I've followed my competitions paid avdo/reviews very closely, and have never seen any indication of that type of thing!.....matter of fact take a look yourself, at my competitors who pay and notice their listed bad reviews.  Take a look at Peterson's for example, he's been advo on there for over 3 yrs now, maybe more!

As far as your Yelp page, last time I looked, you only had three reviews, AC......and that just simply isn't enough to cut it, bottom line you need many more to get noticed and make the phone ring.  Especially when you're competing with many others who are paid advo. You can jump start it by going with paid advo, or you can do it the hard and slow way like I did (not recommended), by letting it happen organically, but it took 2.5 years before it blew up and I started getting calls/jobs consistently doing it the free way.  

I've got no prob with showing my Yelp  page, and nothing to hide.. lol....but as I've said I don't pay to advertize on Yelp and I never have, so there are no "deal" to see.  I'm not going to post a direct link to it here, I'll let you find it with my help, and then you can also take a look at my competitors who pay for advo too...  cheers 

Edited:
To remove biz info that I didn't want to be on here forever.  wink 

Last edited by Davey Cracker on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:01 pm

Oh and the other thing you said, that I meant to touch on............

"just saying why most businesses who generate money from yelp are paying to be on there."

I'm a good example of this certainly not being set in stone.....I know you said "most" and not all, but it's more than just possible to make the free/no paid Yelp page work, as I said I've done it, but again it took me 2.5 years before it really started working......so it was slow going from 0 and 10 reviews, but once I got to about that 10 mark, which was Aug. 2013 , it's been nothing but calls and jobs, to the point so far this year I think I've been averaging about 3-6 per week, at a $300+ job ave or so.. I now have 28 total reviews, 9 of which are filtered, or what they now call "not recommended", because they are is most cases by a new Yelp user, and haven't yet proven to be reliable reviewer.

I'll have to go threw the invoices and figure out the actual total number of jobs, and the ave to say exactly.......which I've been meaning to do.  wink
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:06 pm

nice Davey,

you have some really good reviews on there. Only one on there that was low but it actually makes you look better! lol basically some impatient guy wouldnt wait for the pro that is busy for a reason.

why dont you make some re stretching videos? it sounds like you do a lot of them.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:10 pm

ACpower1 wrote:nice Davey,

you have some really good reviews on there.     Only one on there that was low but it actually makes you look better!  lol       basically some impatient guy wouldnt wait for the pro that is busy for a reason.

why dont you make some re stretching videos?   it sounds like you do a lot of them.

Thank you. wink 

HAHA, Yea some Impatient German A$$Hole that I've never met/talked to/or even done work for before, felt the need to give me a 1 star review!!..(And I'm of German decent, so no offense meant to Germans in anyway, besides that A-hole lol). Just goes to show, there's all types out there!!  laughing 

Never really thought about making re-stretch video, especially since I work alone, and it's not so easy to do.  scratch 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:25 pm

do you use a standard power stretcher? or one of those smaller power stretchers that dont have the poles?

ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:36 pm

That is a skill that I wish I had...re-stretching. Seems like a skill every cleaner should have, but most of us don't. Being normally solo, it always looked like too much of a pain to me and only risks damage.

Still, I really would like to at least learn the techniques for special occassions.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:40 pm

ACpower1 wrote:do you use a standard power stretcher?   or one of those smaller power stretchers that dont have the poles?

Yea, I use a regular pole type Roberts power-stretcher.  wink 

Unless it's just a small area/room, or a repair type stretch where the carpet is pulled away from the transition.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:42 pm

milspec6 wrote:That is a skill that I wish I had...re-stretching.  Seems like a skill every cleaner should have, but most of us don't.  Being normally solo, it always looked like too much of a pain to me and only risks damage.

Still, I really would like to at least learn the techniques for special occassions.

It is a lot of work and can be a "pain", that's why I charge $5-7 Sq Yd. for it.  wink 

What do you mean, "risk damage"??
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:39 pm

Incase you missed it, Ryan posed some good info here on stretching.

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com/t251-carpet-re-stretching?highlight=stretching]stretching
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maria029 Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:51 pm

To be honest i am planning to enter marketing and i did not yet think any percent for it and thanks for that info .Now i know.

maria029

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:10 am

Davey Cracker wrote:
milspec6 wrote:That is a skill that I wish I had...re-stretching.  Seems like a skill every cleaner should have, but most of us don't.  Being normally solo, it always looked like too much of a pain to me and only risks damage.

It is a lot of work and can be a "pain", that's why I charge $5-7 Sq Yd. for it.  wink 

What do you mean, "risk damage"??

"Risk Damage" meant me getting hurt...I am really good at it Very Happy 
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2