Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review

+7
Pro Touch
milspec6
Fuzzsucker
Andy Mc
Ryan S
ACpower1
Davey Cracker
11 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 3 Empty Re: The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review

Post by Mo Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:19 am

I had three rooms with traffic lanes and pulled out the Rod. On this particular carpet it was pulling pretty hard and did ok but I had to pull out the Orbot it did a better job at scrubbing and easier to run. The Rod might work better on a lower pile carpet.

Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 3 Empty Re: The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review

Post by Andy Mc Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:55 am

Mo the problem is your an OP man, Rotary runs different, no up and down, side to side sweeping is the way to go.

gentle lifting up on the handle steers the machine to the right, gentle pushing down steers to the left, you steer the machine and it gos in that direction, contrast to an OP where your used to man handling and forcing it to go were you want.

I had the same learning curve when I went to try a rotary , it threw me all over the living room tell I got the hang. was so used to running an OP took a while to retrain my muscle twitch.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:58 am

Mo, were you using a pad driver or carpet brush? I didn't get a chance to use on carpet.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SixShooter Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:05 am

Mo wrote:I didn't get a chance to finish the job cuz the a monsoon storm rolled in  Lost the internet for the whole day too

I love this!

Hey Mo, FYI you asked about a toggle switch and that "vertical" brush for grout.

I sent you both via UPS just now (Tuesday morning).

The brush is used but it's the gauge that my guys say works the best. Hope you still have a use for it.

Thanks
SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SixShooter Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:20 am

Ryan S wrote:
Mo wrote:That lino went from yellow to clean. Did you mop up with the pad, spinner. wand?

That's why I'm so interested in the Hot Rod Pro.  I can have our cleaning team apply stripper, scrub with the Hot Rod, then just do a good mop out.

Hey Ryan,

What I thought was interesting in our phone conversation is that you said your "cleaning team" included women that really had a hard time handling the bigger machines. You thought they might be able to use the Hot Rod much easier.

Did you get a chance to have them use it? I'd love to see some video of that if you got it.

Thanks

SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:36 am

SixShooter wrote:
Mo wrote:I didn't get a chance to finish the job cuz the a monsoon storm rolled in  Lost the internet for the whole day too

I love this!

Hey Mo, FYI you asked about a toggle switch and that "vertical" brush for grout.

I sent you both via UPS just now (Tuesday morning).

The brush is used but it's the gauge that my guys say works the best. Hope you still have a use for it.

Thanks

Cool. I have some tile and grout waiting for it. That brush attachment option on it's own would make it a good tool to have in the tool box.

My 11 year old could run the hot rod. I think she would love to make a video Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:39 am

Ryan S wrote:Mo, were you using a pad driver or carpet brush?  I didn't get a chance to use on carpet.

Yo Ryan, That video was the first time I used it on carpet and we used the carpet brush on low to medium speed. I haven't used the microfiber pad on carpet yet.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am

I can, but need more than a week with the floater. I wanted to make sure I had the chance to review the unit for the reference on The Cleaners Lounge. Also, I wouldn't let anyone other than me use the floater with out training first.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:33 am

Andy Mc wrote:Mo the problem is your an OP  man,   Rotary runs different,  no up and down,  side to side sweeping is the way to go.  

gentle lifting up  on the handle steers the machine to the right,   gentle pushing  down steers to the left,   you steer the machine and it gos in that direction,    contrast to an OP where your used to man handling and forcing it to go were you want.

I had the same learning curve when I went to try a rotary ,  it threw me all over the living room tell I got the hang.    was so used to running an OP  took a while to retrain my muscle twitch.

Yeah I need some practice with on carpet. The closest thing I have ever run to a rotary was the 360i at ice. It was pretty smooth after getting the hang of it.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SixShooter Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:14 pm

Mo wrote:

......Ryan do you think you can send that Hot Rod to Eric when you're done if he wants to try it out.  Maybe we can have one traveling west and one east of the Mississippi?

I'm wanting to line up the next person on the east bound Hot Rod. Whether or not Ryan buys the one he has I'd like to get one to "Eric".

Who is Eric?

Please PM me your info.

Thanks
SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:24 pm

I tested the tile & grout brush today. Looking forward to testing the other grout brush
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:50 pm

SixShooter wrote:
Mo wrote:

......Ryan do you think you can send that Hot Rod to Eric when you're done if he wants to try it out.  Maybe we can have one traveling west and one east of the Mississippi?

I'm wanting to line up the next person on the east bound Hot Rod. Whether or not Ryan buys the one he has I'd like to get one to "Eric".

Who is Eric?

Please PM me your info.

Thanks

He lives in my town. I'll call him and pass it on.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:02 pm

Good Job with the Vids, Mo!!  cheers 

I think if you "broke-in" the brush on concrete it would be more pliable and you will get into the grout better.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro Touch Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:20 pm

I didn't sign up for it because of other commitments. I'm not going to be available until the end of August early September. I didn't want to tie it up when other people could be using it and evaluating it.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:00 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:Good Job with the Vids, Mo!!  cheers 

I think if you "broke-in" the brush on concrete it would be more pliable and you will get into the grout better.

Thank you sir
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SixShooter Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:10 am

Pro Touch wrote:I didn't sign up for it because of other commitments. I'm not going to be available until the end of August early September. I didn't want to tie it up when other people could be using it and evaluating it.

O.K. thanks.

If you're interested later the floater will probably still be going so just let us know.
SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:31 pm

Yo Bill. Daughter told me UPS came by Friday but the didn't leave the package. Hopefully Ill get it today.

AC I hope to get that out to you this week
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:47 pm

Disregard went out to the van today and the box was on my front seat. Kind of weird the driver would leave it there maybe my son picked it up and put it there.

I did a quick test with it. It seemed like it would be better if the angle grinder was turned the other way so that you could see the grout lines better. I can't explain it. Sure beats doing it manually. I'll do some more playing around with it this week.

Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SixShooter Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:48 am

Mo wrote:Disregard went out to the van today and the box was on my front seat. Kind of weird the driver would leave it there maybe my son picked it up and put it there.

I did a quick test with it. It seemed like it would be better if the angle grinder was turned the other way so that you could see the grout lines better. I can't explain it. Sure beats doing it manually. I'll do some more playing around with it this week.

Mo

I haven't used mine in this way for a while but it looks like you may want to use the angle adjustment on the head so that the handle is parallel with the face of the tool then pull it along the grout line from one direction?
SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:17 am

How does that not throw stuff all over the room?

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SixShooter Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:04 am

Ken Raddon wrote:How does that not throw stuff all over the room?

Yes it needs a fling ring.

Mo, will the ring I sent you work or would a different shape be better, like a rectangular tub cut off?

We're still in R&D mode on this particular application.

SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:39 pm

Ok Ill try it that way Bill.

I didn't get a lot of fling Ken but I only sprayed the grout lines. But I'm sure If put down more solution we'll get some slinging. No way I would chance it without a splash guard with an acid which I don't use anyways.

I don't think the shroud for the regular hard surface driver will work Bill but I haven't messed with it today
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:28 pm

The Hot Rod save me a lot of time on hands and knees sanding this deck. The pad driver broke from all the sanding on high speed. No problem I got a brand new one at harbor freight for 3-4 bucks with 3 sanding pads

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 3 Deck1before1_zps553738f3
The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 3 IMG_20140808_124839849_HDR1_zpsb9dfed08
The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 3 IMG_20140809_1216316991_zps39ecf7f4
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:49 pm

Ha thats cool, Mo

You invented a new way to use it!........Which I would think would open the door for Bill to market it to another type of Customer.  wink 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:37 pm

Man, that's an awesome turn on this tool. Any handy man would live the hot rod pro. Ha, I just might try and sell it myself.  wink 
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next