Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Soils and oils and slop and gobble

+7
dp1
ACpower1
Andy Mc
Davey Cracker
milspec6
Ryan S
Ccumato
11 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Soils and oils and slop and gobble - Page 3 Empty Re: Soils and oils and slop and gobble

Post by Ryan S Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:21 pm

Anybody got some papers? Lol
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Soils and oils and slop and gobble - Page 3 Empty Re: Soils and oils and slop and gobble

Post by Andy Mc Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:36 pm

[quote="Mo"]Andy,

Do you still believe that "there is nothing harmful" in the ingredients of Slop and Gobble? If yes then that's were we disagree.

It's not a matter of what I belive, it's a matter of truth. apparently there is harmfull ingredents, as was pointed out by Charlie. So we agree. I was going by what they label said and what it described on the Judson web site, I never read the MSDS, to go thru ingredient's, so I stand corrected.

The MSDS had slop and with a health rating of "1" and soils and oils with a "0" that makes soils and oils safer than slop according to the MSDS

Yes is does, I never claimed other wise , lol,

Just because soils and oils is is safer than slop goggle that does not make slop and gobble unsafe

I agree

We are in 1000% agreement MO, and belive we were in agreement all along.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:18 pm

Dang it I really wanted to disagree with someone Very Happy

What is not debatable at the lounge is weather cleaners can discuss, criticize, opinionate, debate the use of cleaning industry products and equipment. Even of those products are from advertisers on this forum.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:56 pm

Ryan S wrote:Anybody got some papers?  Lol

Yea, just stop by my house and I'll give you some of mine. lol! 

Or better yet, it may be less expensive for you to order it from McMaster Carr..........Where I bought my "Jumbo Size" from, which makes it easier to use and read.  wink 

Soils and oils and slop and gobble - Page 3 $_12
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:58 pm

I just found it for less/cheap on Ebay...........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/pH-Test-Paper-Hydrion-Single-Roll-Dispenser-0-13-HJ-613-JUMBO-ROLL-50-/221326684960?_trksid=p2054897.l5659
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:57 pm

Ccumato wrote:Ok. I have a gallon of SOE and pick up liquid peroxide. I used it before with S/O

Two schools of thought here:

1. Run the S/O/E in the rinse
2. Add it right to the S/O mix + peroxide (my preference)

I use mostly the HF sprayers, so if you are doing it that way too, this is what I mix up...give or take in a 5 qt inline:

20 oz S/O
8 oz S/O/E
Peroxide varies according to conditions, but probably around 8 oz.

Spray the stains first, then spray the rest of the carpet.
Agitate with what-ever you want
Extract
Collect a check
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:33 am

just want to point out that we are carefully spraying these solutions on carpet,  then extracting them with 200f+ water,     not drinking them or using them as salad dressing.    

Tide is used widely throughout the US for laundry.     Do you guys feel that if you used tide to wash your clothes for say 40 years that you would be putting yourself at risk?  

I never pre spray a house with the customers animals or kids walking around,   this is a strict rule in our business.      I dont care what it is,   or how safe it is...   I dont want anyone licking it.      

Im just stirring the pot on the discussion lol       I believe in using safe chemistry, and have a drum of s/o
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:31 am

ACpower1 wrote:just want to point out that we are carefully spraying these solutions on carpet,  then extracting them with 200f+ water,     not drinking them or using them as salad dressing.    

Tide is used widely throughout the US for laundry.     Do you guys feel that if you used tide to wash your clothes for say 40 years that you would be putting yourself at risk?  

I never pre spray a house with the customers animals or kids walking around,   this is a strict rule in our business.      I dont care what it is,   or how safe it is...   I dont want anyone licking it.      

Im just stirring the pot on the discussion lol       I believe in using safe chemistry,   and have a drum of s/o

Amen to that post. If we continue to be a reckless industry, we will end up needing a chemical applicator's license similar to the exterminators.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ryan S Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:57 am

Here is some pictures from a job I just finished up on. Some nasty rental poly, used Robs mix with and exception of I had 24oz s/o and 12oz s/o/e. Just for Chris, I did not scrub at all. Used my Boxxer which is close to what you have Chris with exception of psi and flow probably. I rinsed with master extractor at 600 psi.

Soils and oils and slop and gobble - Page 3 Image_zps3235d59a

Soils and oils and slop and gobble - Page 3 Image_zps11b71082

And a video to boot. Just for technique. Lol

Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:59 am

I ve gotten the same results with just soils n oils no encap mixed in. Might be interesting to try out.

When I vlm clean (not often any more) I mix 50/ 50 that is 2 oz of encap with 2 oz of prespray, pads come out way blacker and cuts like a hot knife. Only problem is you have to go thru twice as many pads.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:58 pm

Andy Mc wrote:I ve gotten the same results with just soils n oils  no encap mixed in.    Might be interesting to try out.  

When I vlm clean (not often any more) I mix 50/ 50     that is 2 oz of encap with 2 oz of prespray,    pads come out way blacker  and cuts like a hot knife.  Only problem is you have to go thru twice as many pads.

That is how that mix came about actually, it was a vlm job where I added S/O to boost the encap. I didn't carry enough bonnets that day and had to wand half the room....the results really stood out. It became my extraction mix from that day onward.

If I was better organized with far more bonnets, it might have gone the other way, but I prefer to wand anyway.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:35 pm

Nice work, as always, Ryan!!  wink 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:52 pm

Hacking it out Baby!!!!!  lol! 
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:03 pm

Never mined how well it works, anyone else have a hard time with the name of "SlopnGobble"?.......just sounds so Ghetto nasty!!  laughing 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:37 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:Never mined  how well it works, anyone else have a hard time with the name of "SlopnGobble"?.......just sounds so Ghetto nasty!!   laughing 

Nah. I actually like it. But, I guess that's cause I'm from the south.  laughing 
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:43 pm

Oh, credit goes to Rob. Thanks for the concoction. First time I have used it. Best part was there were no harsh chems used. And it was a clean odorless job.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:47 pm

Oh, and I'm working in the slop job to. Sorry didn't have the slop in this van. I was kinda pissed I didn't have it. Would have been a perfect job. I'll do better next time.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:46 pm

Nice job on both the carpet and the video Ryan. I was trying to see what temp you were at on the gauge, but couldn't pick it up....just curious.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:20 am

The boxxer only hits 160 at best on filthy carpet. Cause you flush so much h2o the HX can't keep up. I'm thinking of installing a lg and dropping the HX.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:14 am

Or just add a pre scrub and do one pass cleaning in stead of 5 pass cleaning, your HX should be able to keep up with that.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:43 am

Andy Mc wrote:Or just add a pre scrub and do one pass cleaning in stead of 5 pass cleaning,  your HX  should be able to keep up with that.

I would agree with that....a pre-scrub not only helps the Hx limitations, but it really wakes up that S/O/E component of the mix.

I don't know how the Boxxer is set-up, but I've discovered that flow actually helped my Butler create better heat. In fact, replacing my water pump to a higher flow unit actually increased my heat at the wand. It sounds like it should be the reverse in results, but the burns on my hand say other wise. I was pushing about 175 atwm but now I'm hitting 185-190 atw pretty steady on a 12 flow wand.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:39 am

What is the gpm on the pump your using Rob. Mine is 3.5 gpm.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:33 am

increasing the flow on the wand should help the heat. it cools off pretty fast on the way to the wand depending on the hose you use. Takes a while to clear all the water in the line from the truck to the wand at about 150ft when using say like a 7flow wand.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next