Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Soils and oils and slop and gobble

+7
dp1
ACpower1
Andy Mc
Davey Cracker
milspec6
Ryan S
Ccumato
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Soils and oils and slop and gobble - Page 2 Empty Re: Soils and oils and slop and gobble

Post by Mo Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:14 pm

Were going to enforce a no hijack rule to this topic.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Soils and oils and slop and gobble - Page 2 Empty Re: Soils and oils and slop and gobble

Post by Ryan S Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:00 pm

My point again to directing the topic is slop was developed for a safer alternative to heaven butyl and enzy type stuff "for greasy spoons" NOT residential or everyday use.

I asked Joe once to work on a safe grease power punch, he said nah not interested. My guess is cause he knows it's hard to do grease and safe in the same bottle.

I'm not saying it's that slop isn't safe, as Amdy says it is, Just more safe than your alternative.

Sure wish the boys from Judson would jump in the conversation.

I say they are both good in their intended purpose.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ccumato Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:08 pm

Not sure of the bashing a product.

I explained what I cleaned and my results. I had no clue sng was harmful based on talking to Judson directly. I liked the dry product better and smaller. Also using 1 product vs 2. Nothing against S/O just using more than I thought on the label to get the results it took from another chemical.

Ccumato

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:19 pm

Slop N Gobble is not harmful. But I am going to disagree with Andy.  If were looking at the MSDS  Soils n Oils is safer to use than Slop n Gobble.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:55 pm

Ryan S wrote:

Exactly!!.......and as already said, by few people I think?......They are two different animals, and therefore can't truly be compared equally head to head!

And BTW Ryan, in that Avatar pic your wife looks like a blond Elvira (Must be the hair style), but hotter.  Twisted Evil  And that's meant with no disrespect, but as a complement, to You and Her.  wink

Last edited by Davey Cracker on Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:57 pm

Ccumato wrote:I have been using soils and oils. I have tried 1 oz to 6 oz per gallon pump sprayer and notice it doesn't clean that well and dog smell still lingers. I know I can use a deodorizer and also peroxide.  Just hasn't worked that great for me.

I tried a sample of the slop and gobble. I notice it cleans the same if not better at 1 oz per gallon vs 6 oz per gallon of the soils and oils. Also the dog smell doesn't linger. I didn't use peroxide either. this statement is a little off setting. At 6 oz of s/o to perform the same in comparison to slop. I would say your cleaning some nasty stuff. So, the high rate for s/o does what it should on nasty stuff. You could bump it to 8 oz and get even better results on nasty stuff. Also, you are using peroxide when using slop, it's a part if the ingredients.

Just curious the thoughts.

Couple of question.

On the carpets cleaned by s/o, what was soil load? Medium? Nasty? How about slop?

Dog smell.....Was a pre vacuum done? When dealing with hair odors, we have learned from Joe, when using s/o, that the spray, agitate, spray method works best. How much of carpet is covered with a gallon? What about slop?

What are you using to rinse the carpet with while extracting?

With dog hair, do you do dry passes? This helps more than you would believe, wet carpet = wet dog smell.

Give us some feed back on the cleaning environment with the use of each product.

No one wants to sell ya on either product, just trying to understand the applications.

Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:02 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:
Ryan S wrote:

Exactly!!.......and as already said, by few people I think?......They are two different animals, and therefore can't truly be compared equally head to head!

And BTW Ryan, in that Avatar pic your wife looks like a blond Elvira, but hotter.  Twisted Evil  And that's meant with no disrespect, but as a complement, to You and Her.  wink 

Thanks Davey, that's my favorite picture of us in recent years.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:03 pm

And no one wants to try an help with a non-responsive person asking for help.  wink 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:10 pm

Ccumato wrote:Not sure of the bashing a product.

I explained what I cleaned and my results. I had no clue sng was harmful based on talking to Judson directly.  I liked the dry product better and smaller.  Also using 1 product vs 2.  Nothing against S/O just using more than I thought on the label to get the results it took from another chemical.  

Give him a break, he is working on it.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:38 pm

I don't know if this is really on-topic...I think it is germane to the topic.

Cleaning carpets have 3 purposes, right? Improve the appearance, the longevity of the product, and improving the healthy indoor environment, yet the industry has always focused almost exclusively on the appearance aspect.

We see chemical products with names like "Fire water" and "Inferno" with super high ph ratings that are designed to get things better looking, but risk damaging the newer carpet generations and do nothing for the healthy environment....oh well, 1 out of 3 isn't bad, or is it?

Shouldn't the goal be to accomplish all 3 purposes and help the customer as well as protect the health of both us and them in the process?

Every prespray discussion on the boards is always about how well the appearance was improved and with little effort. The safer, greener products always get attacked for not being able to clean as well or as fast.....but is that what really counts?

I have been getting carpets really clean with the S/O mixture without risks of damage nor chemical sensitivities to either the customer, their pets, or me. If I have to add a pre-scrub to accomplish it, that is fine with me.

Judson is the man, I'm sure that his product is a marvelous prespray, but you can't compare them apples to apples with S/O...they just aren't targeting the same things.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:33 am

Great perspective. Exactly what I was hoping to help Chris pick up on.

This is another great thread for newbies to discover.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Andy Mc Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:32 am

Just got caught up on this thread, nice content boys. Just want to straighten one thing out, (seems many are misunderstanding me)

I never claimed slop was "as safe", or "safer" then soils and oils. NEVER once! So no need to disagree with me on that point,

The only thing I tried to point out , was that it is among the safer products available, this was in response to Dave implying that is was not safe.

NOW we can talk about whether it's safe or not. that is fair game, and maybe my understanding is wrong. I'm just going by the label when I was using it,

I recall No VOC's or harmful chemicals, no solvents, I also didn't notice and chem smell or fumes.

If it has harmful ingredients then I stand corrected. No problem. I never set out to promote slop, or argue for it as something better or safer then soils, just thought Dave was misleading some by implying it was an unsafe product, that's all.

Also as I said in my first post, I found slop n G and soils an oils to be pretty much equal in side by side tests.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:32 am

Half of this thread is a waste of time.  Weather slop is safe or not is something objective not subjective.   So no reason to debate it.  It's not a matter of opinion.

Either it has no hazardous ingregents , or it does.

My understanding was (based on the label) that it is a safe product.   If I am wrong then I'm wrong, I stand corrected.

Would have been nice to have this discussion like grown ups in the first page of this thread rather then have Dave flip out over it. Causing Dp1 to have a near death experience.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:19 pm

Andy Mc wrote:BTW, Dave,,    there is nothing un safe about slop n gobble  .  

This is the statement that we had disagreement on Andy.

I just wanted to make sure that we could agree on some comparisons of the 2 products. We established that the Slop & Gobble was cheaper to use based on both products recommended RTUs and that Soils and Oils was safer to used based on their published MSDS sheets.

Now that doesn't mean that I'm going to be mixing soils and oils in my margarita or sprinkling the dried polymer dust on my eggs. I recall you making a comment about how you wonderd how the polymer was reacting in your lungs after seeing how it dried up or something to that affect. There is some risk involved there I'm sure.

The question as to what prodduct performs better we can debate that till were blue in the face way too many variables. For example the widget were Terry is cleaning that restaurant, you guys see it every day. He only used 1/2 an ounce of Slop & Gobble. So technically he cleaned that resty with a low PH product and reduced his "MSDS" health risk in half.

I think even the "fact" as to weather a 12 PH cleaner is harmful to carpet fiber is debatable.

Chris, did you use 1 scoop per gallon or 2? Apparently alot of cleaners made the same mistake Terry did and only used 1 scoop.

Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ccumato Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:29 pm

I used 2 scoops per gallon bases on ready the scoop size.

Ccumato

Back to top Go down

Post by Ccumato Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:34 pm

I used it side by side on the same carpet. Just saying that sng got the smell and carpet clean with minimal agitation.
Soils and oils which I have used 3 gallons of and 1 gallon of the soils and oil odor (OMG it's good and strong). But using 6oz to a gallon it cleaned the same again with minimal agitation. A rake and and manual brushing the spots. The dog smell was still there in the S&O room. I just resprayed sng and finished up.

Ccumato

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:49 pm

Mo wrote:Slop N Gobble is not harmful. But I am going to disagree with Andy.  If were looking at the MSDS  Soils n Oils is safer to use than Slop n Gobble.

This is what I was referring to Mo, and what I had to clarify.

Here your saying you disagree with me " soils n oils is safer than slop n gobble"    

But your not disagreeing with me at all,   I never made that claim.

You agree with me ,   when you said " Slop n Gobble is not harmfull"    

That's all that I was saying from the start.   Now if there is a disagreement with me on that, I'm all ears. and will stand corrected if it is shown not to be a safe product.

Now that we are all clear on that we can continue ,,

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:03 pm

I will second the vote to continue....we are getting a little wrapped around the axle about who said what.

Chris, glad to see you came back to the table, thought we might have lost you there for a minute. I would love to see you conduct a comparison again using a slightly different mixture and some added agitation. It would make for an honest comaprison.

Get yourself some liquid peroxide and try it again. Even better, get youself some S/O/E to add to the mixture as well, then check the results. Comparing a brand with a built-in oxidizer to one without isn't a true comparison.

Test to find the best for your goals. I felt the same way as you when I first tried it, now I buy it by the drum. wink 
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ccumato Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:51 pm

Ok. I have a gallon of SOE and pick up liquid peroxide. I used it before with S/O

Ccumato

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:32 pm

Hey Chris, use a little SOE in your fresh water as a rinse in that portable. I would say 6 oz would be good enough.

Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:51 pm

Andy,

Do you still believe that "there is nothing harmful" in the ingredients of Slop and Gobble? If yes then that's were we disagree.

The MSDS had slop and with a health rating of "1" and soils and oils with a "0" that makes soils and oils safer than slop according to the MSDS

Just because soils and oils is is safer than slop goggle that does not make slop and gobble unsafe?

Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:53 pm

Ryan S wrote:Hey Chris, use a little SOE in your fresh water as a rinse in that portable. I would say 6 oz would be good enough.

I wonder what the PH of SOE would be at 6 OZ?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:59 pm

Mo wrote:
Ryan S wrote:Hey Chris, use a little SOE in your fresh water as a rinse in that portable. I would say 6 oz would be good enough.

I wonder what the PH of SOE would be at 6 OZ?

One way to find, mix it up and get out the PH test paper!  wink 

I'm always testing PH of chems.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next