Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Soils and oils and slop and gobble

+7
dp1
ACpower1
Andy Mc
Davey Cracker
milspec6
Ryan S
Ccumato
11 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Soils and oils and slop and gobble - Page 4 Empty Re: Soils and oils and slop and gobble

Post by milspec6 Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:11 am

Ryan S wrote:What is the gpm on the pump your using Rob. Mine is 3.5 gpm.

Max gpm is 5 on the Cat 430 pump.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Soils and oils and slop and gobble - Page 4 Empty Re: Soils and oils and slop and gobble

Post by milspec6 Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:40 am

I thought I would throw a few pics in here about the job I just completed using the "mix" that I described.

It was a cat house...not the good kind either.  Carpet was over 12 years old, never cleaned, and a rental property.  Korean tenants who had several cats and a problem....carpet was trashed and cat whiz everywhere.

So, I set up my mixture as normal, only stronger.  This time, it was the following in a 7 qt inline sprayer:

32 oz. S/O
15 oz S/O/E
10 oz S/O/O
Non-scientific 4 glugs of 27% peroxide

Machine was running at 400 psi and held 180 degrees atw.  Tool of choice was the Sapphire Hoss 700 rotary.  I decided to leave the CRB on the truck to have one less thing to clean up later from the cat urine.

A few years ago, that living room alone would have me throwing Extreme Clean + Energy at it or maybe a Citrus Solv boost.  I would have hit it hard and heavy, scrubbed with a 175 and wanded multiple passes....and left with a bad headache, burning eyes, and a runny nose.

S/O products will do the same thing and without the negative side effects or heavy salts left behind if you fail to flush really well.  It simply works and if you are going to use any kind of agitation (CRB, 175, Rotary) that S/O/E will make a killer difference.

Soils and oils and slop and gobble - Page 4 Josh110

Soils and oils and slop and gobble - Page 4 Josh310

url=https://servimg.com/view/18569184/106]Soils and oils and slop and gobble - Page 4 Joshen10[/url]

Soils and oils and slop and gobble - Page 4 Josh510

Soils and oils and slop and gobble - Page 4 Busted10

Could another prespray have worked...sure, there are many out there.  Can they clean without the negatives...some, but not many.  End result was clean carpet, happy owners, happy cleaner.....and angry cat. lol!
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:22 pm

Looks damm good but how did it smell? Makes me nauseous just thinking about it
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:42 pm

A whole lot better, but there was still some "cat" in the room. We all expected that, they were just happy to be able to walk across the floor barefoot without needing a tetanus shot. Razz 

Frustrating part was that I couldn't really find the deposits. Hit the whole place with UV light and came away with just an area by the return vent. Pre-treated that and spot clawed it, but it couldn't be the only spot. scratch

I took a look at their hvac system as well, there was no filter!! Hadn't been one in years, so there was quite a bit of cat fur stuck to the A-coil. I am going back later to clean the coil....might get lucky and "clear the air" for them.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:37 pm

I like the name. "The Mix". That's a sweet one. Awesome results. Hey, mist a little bleach 1/4 down that return where the blk light showed up. I did that once too and solved the problem.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ryan S Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:11 pm

I use the squirters. One ounce a squirt. Works nice too!
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:29 pm

10 oz S/O/O is a lot, but I am not spraying the whole jug.  Actually, it was only about 1/3 of the jug in the end.  It is a high ratio though...just hate cat urine that much.  That jug will get used on tomorrow's jobs as well.

Guilty of the glug more times than I like to admit.  My sprayer has volume markings on it (drawn on with sharpie) and I use that as a guide.  I don't recall what the actual amount was when I drew that line, but it is pretty consistent each time that way.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ( miller ) gerry Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:33 am

Great job.

( miller ) gerry
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.gemscarpetcleaningplus.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:49 pm

Ryan S wrote:I like the name. "The Mix". That's a sweet one. Awesome results. Hey, mist a little bleach 1/4 down that return where the blk light showed up. I did that once too and solved the problem.

Give that man a cigar....customer reports that the odor is gone.

The duct work was inundated with the urine all the way to the coil. We cleaned the coil fully and fogged all the ducts with Sporicidin, then left the house closed up for a day. Today, that cat urine odor is gone! bounce cheers 

Good tip Ryan.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ryan S Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:07 pm

I thought that might be a good bit of helpful info for all. Nice to see a plan come together.

Remember when working with urine and odor deco. It's a three dimensional world.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4