Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

My wife out helping today, zipper wanding, -28 below zero

+4
dp1
Davey Cracker
milspec6
Mark Saiger
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My wife out helping today, zipper wanding, -28 below zero - Page 2 Empty Re: My wife out helping today, zipper wanding, -28 below zero

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:10 pm

milspec6 wrote:Don't get me wrong, Matt, I was not tossing your idea aside.  There is no doubt that it would help, I just don't know how much.

I toyed with the idea of making an insulator for winter using an old hose split down the middle with fiberglass insulation inside.  Lay the solution hose in there and Velcro it shut.

In the end, it just become too much of a pita and left me freezing which is worse than the hoses freezing. Very Happy

I just decided that carpet cleaning isn't an emergency and can wait a day or two for better weather.  Now, if you don't get better weather like Mark, then I guess you do what you have to do.
I know. I was just blabbing about a similar event. An the pita factor.. I know. Been there.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

My wife out helping today, zipper wanding, -28 below zero - Page 2 Empty Re: My wife out helping today, zipper wanding, -28 below zero

Post by milspec6 Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:24 am

Cleaned store entries last night. Outside temperature was 14 degrees cleaning an unheated entry.

Even at only 60 feet of hose, my solution temp was down to 175 degrees at the 12 flow wand...205 at the machine with all the doors closed. It still threw a ton of steam, looked impressive to the customers at least.

Drop the outside temp another 40 plus degrees and I'm going to struggle to keep a cleaning heat. If I am going to be below 160, I would rather stay at home.

What can I say, I am a winter wimp! Razz
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:53 am

A winter wimp you're not. I bet at negative 24 degrees your temp at the wand would be 100
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:03 pm

Mo wrote:A winter wimp you're not. I bet at negative 24 degrees your temp at the wand would be 100

Depends on how much line is outside, I guess, but I suspect it would be well under a good cleaning temperature if much is exposed.

And I am a winter wimp. I used to live in a tent 300 miles North of Arctic Circle for months at a time. Now, temps dip into the single digits and I try to stay inside the sauna.

I might need a rocking chair to sit by the fire in another year at this pace Very Happy
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:13 am

-15 below right now....probably going to be -20 and our second grandson is about to be delivered yet today (in labor since last night) I of course have a large day of cleaning too Sad Heading out now real early to get started because of a lot of upholstery the van can be on idle....then by the time done with that, should be able to crank it for carpets.

Then, I took on a specialty job way up North about and hour and a half into the wilderness on a nice log cabin home going through renovation, and she searched me out.

Just my luck...the baby is 9 days early, then induced because of worries from and infection in the embryonic fluid...but babies heart is still strong....so far so good.

Going to get running and get my "A" game on. I hope to meet and hold the new little guy before I have to go into the Wilderness Smile

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue!"
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.saigers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brianbenaiah Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:51 am

Awesome Grandpa, the one with me in this picture was born the same way he decided to come 1 month early on fathers day. He was a fighter because the water broke on him at 5 months and they said there was nothing to do but wait it out and see if the fluid fills back up and it did. Then he came early and had a few scary episodes when the heart monitor when off and sounded the panic alarm. He is two now and as strong as a colt doing martial arts with a staff. Thats why we named him after King Davids mighty friend and warrior in the word. Smile
brianbenaiah
brianbenaiah
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:22 am

brianbenaiah wrote:Awesome Grandpa, the one with me in this picture was born the same way he decided to come 1 month early on fathers day.  He was a fighter because the water broke on him at 5 months and they said there was nothing to do but wait it out and see if the fluid fills back up and it did.  Then he came early and had a few scary episodes when the heart monitor when off and sounded the panic alarm.  He is two now and as strong as a colt doing martial arts with a staff. Thats why we named him after King Davids mighty friend and warrior in the word. Smile

Awesome Smile

Still no baby yet....but my wife went to spend the night with them again..

They let our daughter out of the hospital yesterday, but she is still in labor....LOL

She is a very irritable pregnant lady right now Smile

Son in Law just sent text....he wants some guy time....coming to work this morning....

We will be close by so can get him to the hospital in plenty of time.

Anticipation is a terrible thing for us....being pregnant for the daughter....OH BOY....

Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:14 am

Congrats Mark! This is Mark at the hospital after seeing grand kid Carlton

Baby doesn't want to come out its cold in MN right now Very Happy My guess is the baby is going to prefer living in a warm client surfing every day.

You know what's cool Mark? Your grand kids are close by. I have to drive to CA to see my grand kid.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:02 pm

Mo wrote:Congrats Mark! This is Mark at the hospital after seeing grand kid Carlton

Baby doesn't want to come out its cold in MN right now Very Happy My guess is the baby is going to prefer living in a warm client surfing every day.

You know what's cool Mark? Your grand kids are close by. I have to drive to CA to see my grand kid.

Just got a call to send the Son In Law on the way....(he needed some man time with me today Smile )

anyway....not sure if the water broke....or she just had to pee really bad .... on the floor Laughing
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:29 pm

That is really awesome Mark!

I'm guessing this kid is going to really like "snooze" buttons. Very Happy
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:03 pm

And....they sent her home again....don't even think I will post until we bring home a new grandson or a puppy....LOL.
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:46 pm

Good grief, that has to miserable for her.

A puppy would be nice.....I wish all well and hope it happens soon.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:50 pm

Deliver the puppy to Mo's house, I heard his daughter likes puppies!! laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:22 am

I hate puppies Twisted Evil
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:15 am

Still not baby and no puppy....but she has been in labor 6 days now....

Very unhappy pregnant lady, but excited to meet her new little guy.

Things are still good in all ultra sounds....

It could be anytime, so my wife has been over there every night....

She did come home last night to sleep, and still not call....BUT

We have a large restaurant job tomorrow night....SO....

You can almost guess the kids timing .....LOL....
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:37 am

Six days!!! Time to reverse bungy jump or something.

I think I would ground this kid for his/her first 10 years just for this. Razz
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2