Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Distracted People

5 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

Distracted People  Empty Distracted People

Post by milspec6 Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:35 pm

I mentioned in another posting that I upgraded my smart phone today, but it was an experience that worries me about people.

I went into the Verizon store and took a seat on the ready bench for my turn. The place was very busy even thought it was only 3 degrees outside. I had to wait for about 15 minutes so I passed the time by noting how dirty the carpets were and watching people.

Here we are in this store and everyone except me had their face buried in their devices. I mean all of them. The young kids were playing games, the adults were watching videos, the employees were working with their tablets, and I was the lone wolf sitting there with my eyes on the store.

Because I was paying attention, I noticed that there was an elderly man in the corner having trouble breathing after coming in from the extreme cold. The 5 year old kid was running around and ended up plowing head first into a display stand. A dirt bag dude was walking around in a long coat trying to steal a new phone case and I was the only human in the room aware of any of it.

Being a fan of these situations, I tried to test out a theory and dropped a $5 dollar bill on the floor in the center of the room. I then sat on the bench and timed the response until somebody discovered it. It took 12 minutes and that was only by the person who just walked into the store looking for the bathroom. Razz

Society has become a very disturbing place in this regard. I actually worry about the future of society when all of us old caveman disappear. completely.

Oh, and the soda that I had in my car was frozen solid when I left the store....hate winter.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Distracted People  Empty Re: Distracted People

Post by dp1 Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:57 pm

Wow ! I see that all the time here and I thought the condition ( people glued to their gadgets ) is heavier in here because I'm close to metropolitan LA area.

That's funny you dropped $ 5 and it took 12 minutes, I wonder if it's still 12 minutes if it was $ 100 bill ? Lol
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:16 pm

yup,      the scary thing to think about is our brains give out signals and frequencies and also receive

these days when your in a store like that there very well could be 5 1080p movies passing thru the air at the same time,         plus god knows how much other data.  

same thing in pretty much all public places,     just massive amounts of data traveling through the air.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:58 am

What's crazy is I pay 440.00  month for cell internet and tv. It wasnt too long ago that that did not exist.

I believe in a few years people aregoing to be walking around with antenna surgically implanted in their skull that can get internet tv, and cell service. Like this dude in England that found a doctor that would do it anonymously
Distracted People  6686696-3x2-700x467
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:06 am

Wow...Rob, I people watch too...lots can be absorbed doing that. I from time to time sit with my son and say, whats going on in this picture?....we then discuss what you describe. I just got 3 new phones and do not buy the newest top of the line phones....I am not a techy and ended up getting the Samsung S5 ...the 6 had some people saying the 5 was way better and Im not waiting for the 7....So! as long as my phone can take a good call...im happy, I dont care for anything it offers but the camera. I went Iphone once and broke it within a day....they break to easy for this carpet cleaner.

Last edited by Devon07 on Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:47 pm

I nearly did the iphone thing, but heard the same stories about breakage. This Note 5 really is just a more powerful clone of the iphone....a few other things, but close enough.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:25 am

I think you made the right choice ! Now if you're planning to schedule customers and need a separate device, I would highly recommend ipad mini, the problem with android tablet is lack of memory, the ones with 3 gb of memory costs an arm and a leg.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:45 pm

I was going tablet at first, but I think AC is right in that the Note 5 has a large enough screen to get it done by itself....especially the split screen ability.

I added the Bluetooth keyboard, so I really end up with a nice portable micro computer for the van without having to buy another device....at least that is what I am hoping to find out.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down