Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

UV Lights for urine detection

+7
Jrod
Floorguy
Davey Cracker
Goomer
Mo
Seaswril
milspec6
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

UV Lights for urine detection - Page 2 Empty Re: UV Lights for urine detection

Post by Freemind1 Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:59 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:I don't understand what the deal is with the two you just ordered from the UV light shop?

Are either of them any good at all?.....if so, which one is best?
What he said was, that they all work. If you wear amber lenses, then it doesn't matter if it is 365 or 395 NM. What ever light you get will work.

The advange went to the 395 NM light with the 51 led's (with amber lenses) because it was brighter. (put out more light)

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Floorguy Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:55 pm

Thanks for the info and time put into it....

with that said...its why to me the cobbs light is better.....it has a much higher out put then other battery lights....

1 super powered led, vs multiple weaker leds....

which while yes it gives off the purple hue, it has the focus area, that is spitting out A LOT of uv....put your glasses on, and in a dim room (i dont care what anyone says, darker is better) sit in a corner and quickly scan the room....or walk the room if you want...

BUT

that light will pick up things quickly, rather then wondering whether you are seeing it or not
Floorguy
Floorguy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.paynelessfloorcare.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:02 pm

Freemind1 wrote:
Davey Cracker wrote:I don't understand what the deal is with the two you just ordered from the UV light shop?

What he said was, that they all work. If you wear amber lenses, then it doesn't matter if it is 365 or 395 NM. What ever light you get will work.

The advange went to the 395 NM light with the 51 led's (with amber lenses) because it was brighter. (put out more light)
Yea believe it or not I got all that. laughing 

But I don't think either of the lights just ordered are 51 led's?......but, I can only find one on the website and it's 28.

"What ever light you get will work."
I know from experience, that's not the case even WITH amber glasses, because I have a couple UV lights that make much better paper weights. :albino: 

As I said, I'm trying to figure out if either from the black light shop are any good. Very Happy
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Floorguy Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:06 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:
Freemind1 wrote:

Yea believe it or not I got all that. laughing 

But I don't think either of the lights just ordered are 51 led's?......but, I can only find one on the website and it's 28.

"What ever light you get will work."
I know from experience, that's not the case even WITH amber glasses, because I have a couple UV lights that make much better paper weights. :albino: 

As I said, I'm trying to figure out if either from the black light shop are any good. Very Happy
As I have been told, and found out on more then 1 occasion...(though i find that at times I am right as well)

Quit wasting time and get the one that is made for and does the trick....The time you have spent on this could be better suited for other things...

More so when its been covered by other cleaners who have had GREAT success with Cobbs.....vs those who are still searching for "the light" by buying the cheaper ones.....not to mention....the $$$ tied to buying and trying unproven lights....

just a thought
Floorguy
Floorguy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.paynelessfloorcare.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:05 pm

Sorry for the confusion, the 51 LED was one that I already had in the 395nm wavelength and didn't come from the store with the others.

It really came down to the glasses and the power output in the end instead of the wavelength. If you didn't have the glasses (Radeons in my case), then I would have been very happy with the 365nm models, but with glasses...there was a clear winner and that was the light which generated more photons. (LED lights are more effecient at generating photons in the 395nm wavelength).

Floorguy gets the cigar for being correct, but I am the kind of guy that takes what a salesman says, divides by 3, subtracts 2, and then ignores the rest of it. Before I decide to spend money on a product, I want to understand the details about it and that was a little weak as there were so many conflicting "experts" on the topic.

Parting thought, since different stains may react better to different wavelengths, I wonder if a light that used LED's of both 365nm and 395nm in the same light would be of benefit? Would it show more depth to the stain? When I held both lights on that same urine deposit, you could see what appeared to be a bile deposit, which was not very visible with just one light.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzsucker Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Perhaps having changeable light filters?
Fuzzsucker
Fuzzsucker
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://thepremierclean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:16 pm

Fuzzsucker wrote:Perhaps having changeable light filters?
Most of the really expensive lights used by crime labs are set up like you suggest. As time goes by, I really wish there was an agent that would just be sprayed onto the carpet or built into a prespray that reacted with the bacteria, fats, and salts in the old urine deposits to show their locations. Then we could throw away the lights and just erase the deposits.

I guess this is one that I would include under the "missing link topic"
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:22 pm

So I guess it's safe to assume the lights from the uv light shop are useless?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:15 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:So I guess it's safe to assume the lights from the uv light shop are useless?
I wouldn't go that far, they just weren't any better than the longer wavelength versions when used with amber goggles on urine. They seemed to be made with quality in mind and the company packed it up really well for shipping, it just didn't win as the best option available. They do sell a flashlight using the 395nm, so it would probably be a good light when used with the goggles.

The 365nm models might still be the best choice for some objects, just not urine deposits from what I saw.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by johntalley Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:04 pm

I have bought and made a few they are all about the same .. more power is better with a room that you cant get dark ...
johntalley
johntalley

http://PremierCarpetService.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2