Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Judson TNT Refurbish

+10
ACE Services
SCCC
Pro Touch
Ryan S
milspec6
Andy Mc
Larry Henson
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Davey Cracker
Mo
14 posters

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

Judson TNT Refurbish - Page 6 Empty Re: Judson TNT Refurbish

Post by ACE Services Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:31 pm

Now your a mechanic who loves his work. Lol. Now you see how the other way is easier. But you did save $300.00
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:53 pm

WOW, sorry Mo, easier for some than others I guess!  laughing 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:42 pm

Yesterday my fuel gauge staring showing empty. I think the hose caught up with the tank float. I probably used too much hose. I'm going to try shorten it up and add some weight to it so it doesn't move around.

Here are some hints from the mechanic when I called him prior to me attempting this install.

Turn on the ignition to see were what the fuel gauge reads prior to installing the hose make sure that the reading is the same after the installation

Aim the hose towards the rear of the tank so it doesn't get caught up in the float.

Add some weight to it by tying a weight t the end of the hose and stop inserting the hose when you hear the weigh hit the bottom of the tank that way you the TM doesn't empty the tank.

The only suggestion I didn't follow was the latter slaping I didn't even add the brass barb like Dave suggested
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Henson Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:43 pm

Mo wrote:Alright so I did the fuel tap today and it wasn't so easy Dave. In fact it was a pain in the ass.

What I did first was loosen the 3 small screws holding the filler neck at the top were the gas cap goes. I figured I would loosen it up so that I can pull it away from the tank hoses. Wrong. If you have an E150 leave the filler neck connected at the top and pull the tank hoses away from the filler neck. That took me a half hour to figure out. Of course I got about 15 call while I'm trying to do this.

The other part I screwed up on was drill the hole in the wheel well.  I drilled the hole to high so when I put the hose through the hole it would kink up so I ended up drilling two holes. I'm not done yet I haven't filled the tank to make I don't have any leaks when filling.

Way to go Mo. I didn't read the whole the tread but I could see the all of the dirt on your face and knew you tackled the job and had money in your pocket. Wasn't it rewarding except for it getting hung up in your float.....Good job....I knew you had it in you.

I probably would have paid 300.00 just so I didn't have to get filthy dirty. My whole face was all greasy. I looked like a coal miner.

Judson TNT Refurbish - Page 6 Filler10

Judson TNT Refurbish - Page 6 Grease10
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.absolutelykleener.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Henson Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:48 pm

Mo wrote:Thanks Larry. I brushed it with those sponge brushes. If I were to do it over again I would spray it on. The instructions said to apply the second coat a half hour later but it wasn't long enough. It didn't leave brush marks but in a certain light you can see horizontal lines hard to explain

Do they have a spray can paint to buy? If not I have a spray gun but am interested in this product.
I thought more along the lines of Davey with the truck bed liner and bought the paint but am concerned with the heat around certain areas.
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Henson Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:04 pm

Larry Henson wrote:
Mo wrote:Thanks Larry. I brushed it with those sponge brushes. If I were to do it over again I would spray it on. The instructions said to apply the second coat a half hour later but it wasn't long enough. It didn't leave brush marks but in a certain light you can see horizontal lines hard to explain

Do they have a spray can paint to buy? If not I have a spray gun but am interested in this product.
I thought more along the lines of Davey with the truck bed liner and bought the paint but am concerned with the heat around certain areas.

Hope this didn't go to wrong post..If you want a good laugh call Joe and ask what day it is. I've been working night and day for the last couple of weeks and he tried to convince me that today was Thursday....and I thought I was out of it.
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Henson Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:10 pm

Mo, the more I look at your glamour shot I think I'm going to save it and post it on facebook.

How is that stainless steel beast working out for you?
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:11 pm

Today is Thursday.

This particular high heat engine two part paint does not come in a spray can but you can use your sprayer.

They did just come out with a two part aersol spay can paint though not sure how good it is

Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:13 pm

I'm hoping to be able to put in the van this weekend but I have a job on Saturday and have to travel to Phoenix on Sunday for my daughters gymnastics meet.

That pic is only a lounge exclusive. It's one making a fool of yourself on the lounge but Facebook no way Jose
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:16 pm

You can get a really inexpensive spray gun that will do the job, the paint is very forgiving. I haven't seen the new aerosol cans, but Eastwood makes really great stuff...never ran into an inferior product.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Henson Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:21 pm

Mo wrote:Today is Thursday.

This particular high heat engine two part paint does not come in a spray can but you can use your sprayer.

They did just come out with a two part aersol spay can paint though not sure how good it is

I must be in a different time zone because I heard the 5 o'clock whistle on the radio with the it's the weekend song today at 5 ( I think it was the Wet Willie band).
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Henson Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:25 pm

milspec6 wrote:You can get a really inexpensive spray gun that will do the job, the paint is very forgiving.  I haven't seen the new aerosol cans, but Eastwood makes really great stuff...never ran into an inferior product.

I have a spray gun and am leaning to this method more than the bed liner. Does it come with a hardener for the paint or is more like an implement paint for farm equipment?
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Henson Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:34 pm

I have a Bruin 2 ( thanks to tip from Davey) from Eddie I've been working on this winter. I've cut away a lot of unnecessary metal, added pump out and incorporated Joe's RC99 into the frame. I will add before and pictures when I'm done..but you got a GOOD find Mo and that will be my next project is a Judson.
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:40 pm

Larry Henson wrote:
milspec6 wrote:You can get a really inexpensive spray gun that will do the job, the paint is very forgiving.  I haven't seen the new aerosol cans, but Eastwood makes really great stuff...never ran into an inferior product.

I have a spray gun and am leaning to this method more than the bed liner. Does it come with a hardener for the paint or is more like an implement paint for farm equipment?

It comes with a hardener.

Looked forward to seeing pics of that project larry
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Henson Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:46 pm

Mo wrote:
Larry Henson wrote:

It comes with a hardener.

Looked forward to seeing pics of that project larry

As it appears I can't cut and weld like Davey or Terry but by god I'm learning and there isn't an ounce of this machine I don't know. The hardest part was the wiring trying to figure out dual float switches with a relay and wiring it for the pump out.....but I got it and strutted around like a banney rooster when I did.
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:36 pm

I installed the machine this week end I couldn't get the rented hoist all the way in the van so we had to push it the rest of the way. There went almost half my van real estate

Judson TNT Refurbish - Page 6 Tntins10

Judson TNT Refurbish - Page 6 Tnt_in10

OK the I re adjusted the fuel tap hose and the fuel gauge is working again.

Unfortunately the briggs pump is not strong enough to pull fuel from the tank. I primed the fuel hose, added a priming bulb and still no go. I bought  3-7psi auto fuel pump and that did the trick. One the positive side I can do a fuel tap in a Ford E150 in about 4 minutes Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:06 pm

Mo
Watch your fuel fuel pressure if you have any flooding issues you may have to use a fuel filter with a return line on it. But I think you will be ok with the 3 - 7 psi. 
Glad to hear you got running.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:13 pm

Does everything you have need to be blue? Blue truck, blue TNT, Blue hoist....... Razz 

It takes take up some real estate, but it includes the waste tank as well, so it really is economical on space. Looking really good!!
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:35 pm

I'm getting a little sick of blue Very Happy 

I'll keep an eye on that Eddie. I have the booster pump on a toggle switch right now. I was hoping that I would only need to get it started and revved up and that the engine fuel pump would take over once it was primed.

It will run fine but as when I turn off the the booster pump the machine dies. The fuel pump on the machine will run all day with a gas can inside the van but it just won't pull from the tank.

How do I wire the pump so that it will turn on and off with the engine?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:54 pm

ACE Services wrote:Mo
Watch your fuel fuel pressure if you have any flooding issues you may have to use a fuel filter with a return line on it. But I think you will be ok with the 3 - 7 psi. 
Glad to hear you got running.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mrg-9710/overview/

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:00 pm

Mo wrote:I'm getting a little sick of blue Very Happy 

I'll keep an eye on that Eddie. I have the booster pump on a toggle switch right now. I was hoping that I would only need to get it started and revved up and that the engine fuel pump would take over once it was primed.

It will run fine but as when I turn off the the booster pump the machine dies. The fuel pump on the machine will run all day with a gas can inside the van but it just won't pull from the tank.

Sounds like the engine fuel pump isn't holding prime. When you ran it from a fuel can, was the can elevated above the engine so that gravity and fuel weight fed the pump? I would look at replacing that engine fuel pump...it should be able to pull from the tank without a booster.

I think you are making the right decision tying the booster pump in with the enigne so that it doesn't keep pumping when you forget to turn it off. Pressurized fuel inside a van with open flame can be a bad thing.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:07 pm

When I ran it in the garage it was elevated the test in the van was below engine. I think I'll replace the fuel pump see if that resolves the problem.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:24 pm

Mo wrote:I'm getting a little sick of blue Very Happy 

Mo, in my experience the stock "Pulse pump" that comes on these small engines, just isn't made for using it the way we do, and doesn't cut it.....although to my surprise the one on my new Kohler is still working just fine, but I'm not hopeful it will last, I actually have a couple electric pumps, ready to install when needed. Smile
I know the one on my Onan eng. worked for a month or two when the eng was new but then I had to replace with an electric low psi (2-4 I think) from Napa, and had replaced it a couple times over the 20 years I ran it, when it would give up.....matter of fact I started carrying a backup in my van so when it failed on a job, I could switch it quick and get back to work!  wink 

The "pulse Pumps, just aren't made to pull fuel threw 8-10 ft. of fuel line, or up a few feet elevation like we do with our vans.

SO i'f I were you, to eliminate the hassle, go get a low psi electric from Napa, and remove the stock Pulse and cap off it's suction hose connection to the eng. and install the electric and be done with the trouble and worry.

I've always had mine wired to the power to the eng ignition coil. That way it doesn't need to be on a separate switch, and just kicks on and runs when you start cranking the eng to start it and and then continues to pump as needed while the eng is running........Just use your multi/volt meter to find the hot wire that's only hot when you crank the eng and remains hot while it's running............or if it's easy to access just conect the pumps +wire to the +Positive terminal on the ignition coil. wink
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:40 pm

This may help also............

These are a few of the low psi pump I've bought over the years. LOL wink 

All of which have come from Napa I believe.......I know the two Carters have for sure, but not positive on the Right one that's made in Japan.

The Carters have always worked well, the one in the middle is been used for a couple years and still works fine. The new Carter on the Left of pic is a backup and came out of the box pictured...I thought having the part number on it may help you find what you need.  wink 

Judson TNT Refurbish - Page 6 Photo142

Judson TNT Refurbish - Page 6 Photo144

Judson TNT Refurbish - Page 6 Photo143
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro Touch Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:37 pm

Mo, I have one of these Facet cube fuel pumps on mine. It's been solid.  

Judson TNT Refurbish - Page 6 Facet_10
 I couldn't get a part number off of it because it was rubbed off. I'll try to dig some more if you're interested
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next