Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Lets talk pet urine

+12
Davey Cracker
Joe Bristor
milspec6
dp1
Goomer
Andy Mc
( miller ) gerry
francisco p
Freemind1
Seaswril
Ryan S
Joe EcoPro
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lets talk pet urine  Empty Lets talk pet urine

Post by Joe EcoPro Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:11 pm

Whats working for you guys? and are your customers satisfied with the results?
Joe EcoPro
Joe EcoPro

http://www.ecoprocc.com

Back to top Go down

Lets talk pet urine  Empty Re: Lets talk pet urine

Post by Ryan S Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:25 pm

S/o/o did you really have to ask? What else come close?
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:26 pm

BTW Joe, good to have ya back hanging out. I always liked following your post.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Seaswril Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:18 pm

Acid rinse,O.S.R. Soils and oils for odor. Rinse well, done. Most of the time it works. If the spots have been worked on by the owner, Things can change!

Seaswril

http://ShullsCapetcleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:06 pm

Flood with an acid rinse.
Claw
HP is there is any yellow.
Joedorcide.

Done and collect the check.

I have injected Bio modifier extreme too. But my preference is Joedorcide. Customers love the scent it leaves behind.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by francisco p Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:30 pm

I'm been using OSR for long time and been happy with it

francisco p

http://www.pulidoscc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ( miller ) gerry Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:04 am

Flood with HP, extract with lg Water Claw, extract with wand, flood with Joedorcide, dwell time, extract with Claw. Flood with Joedorcide maybe 1-3 times depending on severity. Odor gone but yellowish stain may still be present if customer previously worked on it or is really old. I have 100% Joedorcide and it works best. My dilutions vary on each job. Need to play with dilutions to figure it out.

( miller ) gerry
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.gemscarpetcleaningplus.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:00 am

Listen nup gents.

For those flood and claw jobs. Soils n oils mixed strong about 8-10 oz per gallon, works great all by its self let soak for 30 minuts, maybe just a fluke but the times I tried it worked wonderful.

Also had great results on wiener dog pee all over, soils n oils encap mixed double strong with 5 oz peroxide per gallon, spayed heavy CRBed in pad cleaned out, smell was 100 percent gone by the time I packed up, surprised the heck out of me.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomer Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:25 pm

My first choice is usually OSR because it has both an oxidizer and residual odor modifying component, but I have also had success flooding with most enzyme presprays mixed strong with peroxide, and even Oxiclean in a jam.
Whatever the choice, the main key is to remove as much of the source as possible.

First step is always to explain to the customer that the only correct way to completely fix the problem is to replace the padding and shoot the dog......not necessarily to sell that service, which you usually won't anyway, but to make them understand and agree that any other option they choose is only meant to improve the condition, and can at times be limited in it's results.

What you want to hear at this point, which you usually will, is along the lines of..."Just do as good a job as you can.", or something similar, which will acknowlege that everyone is on the same page regarding expectations.

Lastly, after you do a kick ass job, make sure they understand the last and very important step, which is a aggressive dryout/ventilation campaign over the following days to lessen the chances of any issues that may manifest due the increased moisture being left deep in the padding, as opposed to just a cleaning.

Goomer
Goomer
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:56 pm

What y'all described can pretty much fix MOST cases, today I had a lady with 500 sq ft back house and live with 4 - 5 cats that piss in every inches of her living and dining room ( about 150 sq ft ), yes that includes under the couches, don't ask me how the cats got in there and did their business cause the couches were never moved, the only thing I'm grateful was my allergy was really bad this morning, I can't smell anything, lol.
Did a STRONG mixture of OSR and joedorcide and extract, odor still there, not nearly as strong but it's still there, that was only the second customer of mine that joedorcide didn't take the odor out completely, in those cases, I pulled my second big gun out, hydramaster triple action odor neutralizer, I sprayed those on there undiluted, ahhhh, smells great, collect $ 150 and got $ 40 tips :-)
The sucks part is I have to steam the heck out of my vac hoses and waste tank after that, oh well, it's worth it :-)
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:09 pm

Cat urine is the worst...they prefer to spray the vertical surfaces, so it is on the walls, furniture, etc. and it penetrates terribly. Any cat urine job is going to come with trouble, like Goomer said, get everyone on the same page from the start as those jobs don't always have a happy ending.

I have a customer that has the worst cat urine house in the country...I am certain of it. I've hit it twice now about 6 months apart and it has been so bad that I threw away 100 feet of vac house when it was done.

I am scheduled to go back to that house next month....this time they are buying me a new span of hose.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:45 am

Cat urine on most all cases is a Decon job. I call it to the client a three dimensional cleaning. Bad ones need carpet pulled, tack less strip removed, padding removed, and sub floor sealed. If they want to pay. After all that both sides of the carpet need cleaning. I don't do a lot of these cause most don't want the bill. The last one I did was 100 ft sq bonus room area. $450. No odor at all. I hate cats, but I love the Decon jobs, they are really fun.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ryan S Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:59 am

Never let them know the odds are against ya. Lesley used to love watching me walk into these type jobs. She would say I looked like there was no doubt I could handle the job. Sometimes confidence is all ya need. Helps dissolve any fear the client has.
 After the job was done we would get in the van and drive off and she would ask did you really know you could handle this job. I would say no, but I sure wasn't going to let them know or give another company the shot at the job.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe EcoPro Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:14 pm

Thanks for the feedback. It seems that a lot of you are having great results with the joedorcide. I have a 1/2 gallon of 50% left on the shelf still.
I've been using the following:
1. Fresh water rinse of affected area
2. Application of TCU
3. Dwell time of 15-30 min
4. Extraction & rinse
5. Application of micromodifier extreme w/ hydrocide
Works well but very expensive. I might go back to using the joedorcide in replacement of the micromodifier. Joedorcide is good but I like the enzyme in the mm x..
Joe EcoPro
Joe EcoPro

http://www.ecoprocc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:11 am

Ryan S wrote:Never let them know the odds are against ya. Lesley used to love watching me walk into these type jobs. She would say I looked like there was no doubt I could handle the job. Sometimes confidence is all ya need. Helps dissolve any fear the client has.
 After the job was done we would get in the van and drive off and she would ask did you really know you could handle this job. I would say no, but I sure wasn't going to let them know or give another company the shot at the job.

That's the right attitude Bro!!  cheers 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:10 pm

our process

-When we first walk in we bring the hydro shark and black light

-we mark the spots we find with water sol marker and at the same time douse them with OSR (this gives the enzyme time to dwell while u set up)

-then as long as its possible we run strong peroxide in the pre spray and the marked spots get extra, also s/o/o in the pre spray 4oz/gal 50%

-then we crank the heat and extract, if its a small lake we water claw it.

now that this process works and is easy we dont go crazy on the bill anymore... we do charge a good amount

but we are starting to install Smart Strand with a good moisture barrier pad for 1.75/ft so I dont think charging someone .50/sq ft to clean something that may or may not work is really worth it

not that we charge that much, but I have seen people on other forums talking about charging that much and sitting there clawing for hrs

1.75 and .50 is a big difference , and not everyone can afford either but if you feel the customer can and its a lot of urine that may get much better, we all know its still there in the pad somewhat no matter how much water you flush through

Its really not that hard to rip out carpet, rip out base boards, sand the floor if needed or replace sections , seal/paint

Thats really good money that you might consider not walking away from.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:04 am

Had a job yesterday with major Golden Retriever puddles. Limited to one bedroom. I had this same job a year ago when the dog was a puppy. But he's a really big dog now, larger than the average retriever, with a really big bladder.

The smell would knock you over. I saturated with Pro's Choice USR, about twice the size of the visible stain. Let it sit. Then clawed it.

Finished the room with some Joedercide and S/O/E. Much better than last year. I used odorcide last year, and it took 2 treatments. Customer was ecstatic. I even got a tip!

BTW, she said that Joedercide should be named "Shizzle for Rizzle!" Lol!

REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:10 am

Sweet deal, wonder if you mix some 8 ounces 20% peroxide with a ounce Shizzle for Rizzle in a gallon of water if that would work as a stand alone?

Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:39 pm

I used the Pro's Choice USR cause I had a gallon laying around and just wanted to use it up. Otherwise, pool supply is the best idea.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:41 pm

I truly believe we are yet to discover the potential of the soils and oils product line. The more we venture out and test, retest, evaluate, and then retest. The more results and great combos like Tragger and Terry have brought forth. I for one have benighted from the 100% joedercide. The future looks bright for me with the Sools and Oils product line.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Danb Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:36 pm

when flushing with 8-10 per gallon oz of s/o/o doesn't it create a lot of foaming problems? At least that has been my experience. Am I doing it wrong?
Danb
Danb

http://dkbrestoration.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next