Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

No water flow out of little giant

+4
TimM
Davey Cracker
milspec6
Mo
8 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

No water flow out of little giant - Page 4 Empty Re: No water flow out of little giant

Post by Davey Cracker Sat May 02, 2015 6:00 pm

Or maybe you have rocks in the neck of your heater worst than mine, enuf to restrict it to cause that swelling........

Took me 45 min., here's what I broke out of my neck today.
Mixing rinses is a bad idea I've finally figured out...

No water flow out of little giant - Page 4 Image110

No water flow out of little giant - Page 4 Image210

Caked on new thermostat I installed 2 weeks ago like a rock, I had to use a wire wheel to grind it off.......
No water flow out of little giant - Page 4 Image311

The pile that come out of just the neck, who knows what's in the curved coils that I can't get to.
No water flow out of little giant - Page 4 Image410

Might explain your intermittent flow out of your heater before the coil blew out.

Last edited by Davey Cracker on Sat May 02, 2015 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

No water flow out of little giant - Page 4 Empty Re: No water flow out of little giant

Post by milspec6 Sat May 02, 2015 6:09 pm

Yikes, that is a lot of crap! Sure you don't have an enemy somewhere?

Back in high school, we used to add a cup of minute rice to a guy's radiator if we wanted to get even. It does look like build-up from incompatible chems, what rinses are you running?
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat May 02, 2015 6:22 pm

I'm my own worst enemy...........

Before I knew better, I was adding encap when needed to whatever rinse I was using at the time, which was last Chempec XL333 & Liquid Slurry.......but now that the damage is done, and lesson learned I only run encap........but who knows how long I'll be fighting this filter clogging problem.

Mixing them creates a rock hard substance that seems to clog everything where's there's any kind of flow restriction..........a 90 deg. bend, a reducer (like at the exit of the LG heater), filters or where ever the water has to slow down I've noticed.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat May 02, 2015 6:55 pm

I did that too despite warnings from nearly everyone. It plugged up my chem pump, but that was the extent of it.

How hard is that stuff? Can you flush it under pressure or do you need to dig through it like "hot rodding" a radiator core?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat May 02, 2015 8:47 pm

It's about as hard as a rock, I had to break it up into the little pieces you see in pic with a screwdriver and hammer to get it out.

And the worst part is, acid doesn't even touch it, so doing an acid flush/descaling doesn't help at all!! Mad

I put it all back together and after about 1/2 hr. of running it with high heat all hell broke loose again, and EVERYTHING clogged up.......This is the typical deal about a 1/2 hour of run time and all female QD's and filters clog from the heater out....this all started when I fixed the heater, once I got good heat back, seems the heat breaks the crap loose. The good news is the heater isn't leaking, but who knows after the days/weeks/months of heat cycling it may take to get all this crap out.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat May 02, 2015 8:58 pm

That sucks....I can't think of any shortcuts to offer, except maybe a psi washer and vibration. Of course, that vibration might lead to a crack as well.

I got nothing... scratch
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro Touch Sun May 03, 2015 4:47 am

I'd ask a radiator shop if they could clean that.

Also, not to be the bearer of bad news......but all of your hoses downstream from the LG are going to packed with the same crud.

If that happened on my TNT I would have a water box full of that crud as well as my pump.

Good Luck Dave.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun May 03, 2015 8:35 am

Wow I don;t see how you were even flowing water. I wonder if that what caused you to spring a leak?

Do you think It calcium deposits?When I opened up my multilayer the encap buildup was white and goey and not rock hard

I would poor some clear on one of those rocks to see if it softens it up if it does pour it in the coil and let it sit in there for a bit.
Or like Eric said see if a radiator shop could clean it.

As far as my coil. I have only had one coil. It cracked in the same spot that was welded the first time.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun May 03, 2015 10:18 am

I'm not sure how water was able to flow, honestly.

No, it's not calcium............but I know what you're saying about it being "gooey" in your sprayer, I get the same thing.  I'm pretty sure it's the heat that causes it to turn rock hard.  You should see the high pressure hose that comes out of the heater and goes to QD on the front of the machine.......yesterday while trying to flush this crap out, it completely clogged, stopping ALL water flow. 500 psi water and not a drop was coming threw the 5' long piece of hose, then I tried blowing 180 psi of compressed air thew it, and again nothing!! It's done, I have to replace it.

I've about tried it all so see if I can find something that softens it, and nothing has even touched it.  Super strong low PH acid, real high PH Alkaline, and it doesn't phase it.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun May 03, 2015 4:21 pm

I've been flushing it out all day, basically........for hours....and I see very little crap coming out now, so hopefully I'm close. I'm going to clean a few rugs now, and see what happens.

Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Royal Man Sun May 03, 2015 5:14 pm

Mine was clogged (But not near as bad as yours from putting,powders in my fresh water tank.)I drained and cleaned my tank and replaced all hoses and the heater coil. I was tired of cleaning my jets on my wand. So it replaced the works.

Royal Man
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun May 03, 2015 5:50 pm

Those pics reminded me of the time I had kidney stones years ago
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Sun May 03, 2015 6:04 pm

Worked on one like that years ago. Don't know what caused it. I always wondered if it was from the chemicals being cooked in the coils and sticking to the inside my be after shutting the heater off while still hot causing buildup over time.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun May 03, 2015 11:05 pm

Only thing I've seen cause this kinda thing, Eddie is mixing encap with an emulsifier/rinse.

It's a total nightmare, and I'd avoid it at all cost.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu May 07, 2015 8:34 pm

I'm still dealing with this clogging nightmare, if anyone has any suggestions on how I can clean out this heater coil, I'm hear?? Smile

I spent the first hour of my day today figuring out where the clog was at today............taking apart every QD, looking for the clog. It was of course the last place I looked, the female QD right on the back of the heater, and it was so clogged solid I couldn't clean it out and had to put a new one on.

I'm really tired of the time I'm wasting by dealing with these clogs. At this point, if I could afford it now, I'd just buy a new coil to be done with it.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu May 07, 2015 9:17 pm

That sucks man, nothing worse than unreliability in a machine.

It sounds like you tried everything, I would have used oxalic acid and pushed it through using a drill pump or a cheap sump pump in a loop. Circulate it and hope for the best.

If that doesn't work, I can't think of anything else.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu May 07, 2015 9:21 pm

Go pick up some muriatic acid at the pool store and let that sit in the coils see if that breaks it down, might be worth a try it's only a couple of bucks
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu May 07, 2015 10:03 pm

Mo wrote:Go pick up some muriatic acid at the pool store and let that sit in the coils see if that breaks it down, might be worth a try it's only a couple of bucks

Doing that is what kinda started this mess...........It was when I was running muriatic acid threw the heater it sprang a leak. Now that I got the leak fixed I'm still battling the clogging problem since getting the heat fixed...........the high heat is what's causing all this crap to break free and clog everything. I really need a new coil I guess, it's the only quick fix I can see.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu May 07, 2015 10:07 pm

milspec6 wrote:That sucks man, nothing worse than unreliability in a machine.

Yea really! I just got the damn machine completely rebuilt to get that reliability back, and now this heater crap!............Sux coming home from work every day and having to work on equipment so I can work the next day, feels like a 25 hr a day job!
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed May 13, 2015 10:01 am

I was at Lowes getting something for my dryer and I saw some coiled copper tubing. I wonder if I can use the 3/8 inch coiled tube add fittings to replace the little giant heater coil.

The PSI rating on the box was 700 PSI and max heat rating 400 degrees. What do you guys think? Dave go ahead and give it a try and report back Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed May 13, 2015 11:16 am

I don't know about that, Mo! laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed May 13, 2015 11:44 am

You're the one with the welder. Just cut out the part that that you thread the unitrol into and weld it on the new coil.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed May 13, 2015 3:12 pm

Mo wrote:You're the one with the welder. Just cut out the part that that you thread the unitrol into and weld it on the new coil.

I Think it's going to take more than that.

You'd have a coil 5' in Dia. with that 3/8" tubing, in order to hold enough water to keep up with the flow.

Not to mention, I'd be really surprised if it could stand up to the heat and pressure, even if the specs say it will.........I'm afraid you'd end up with a steam bomb that could blow at any second, which could be really dangerous....second/third deg. burns really hurt, I've had a couple.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed May 13, 2015 3:16 pm

That's why I wanted you to do it Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed May 13, 2015 3:18 pm

I'm dumb but not stupid!!! laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next