Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Zipper Wand Floater/Loaner

+18
kleen1
Eric Valentine
Pro Touch
William Simpson
dp1
Larry Henson
Erik
Ryan S
MikeW
Davey Cracker
Mo
Fuzzsucker
Bill Soukoreff
Luis Gomez
milspec6
johntalley
CleanTech
Joe Bristor
22 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Zipper Wand Floater/Loaner - Page 7 Empty Re: Zipper Wand Floater/Loaner

Post by Ryan S Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:47 am

dp1 wrote:Well apparently the info wasn't 100 % correct, it turned out that you have to pay for the zipper plus the shipping FIRST, so technically it's not a free 30 days trial, but the good news is I'm still intrigue by the wand ( is it considered a wand ? ), a couple questions, from the reviews in here, I think the non bias one only come from Robert, how I get to that conclusion is he mentioned the good and the bad, which is the kind of reviews that I'm looking for.
I'm doing mostly residential and I can't justify buying a tool at $ 2000 ( which I just learned today ) to clean carpets, aside from great drying times ( which is great but I'm sure my customers are not going to notice an extra 2 hours of dry times ) what is / are the other great things about this tool that justify $ 2000 investment ?
Is that a fair question to ask ?

I totally agree. why is that, because we know Rob by his contributions on this board. you dont want all reviews from the board, but it helps greatly to have someone you trust to help filter out the bias opinions, or should I say "coached" opinions. Very good point DP, couldnt have described it better. points for you sir
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:31 am

What other cleaners lounge members did the demo? I know it first went to Canada in the beginning of October Clean Tech was the first one to get it, then Bill, then I think it went to Milspec.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:35 am

Thank you Ryan :-)
I also have more questions if Erik don't mind.
I saw in MB some people bought it at higher price than the listed price now by a couple hundred dollars, even though Joe already mentioned that it was built with quality parts, Erik mentioned lower production cost or something like that motivated the price drop, what kind of production costs lowered ?
I'm sure some potential customers want to make sure that lower production cost does not equal to lower quality parts.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:58 am

Here's a comment about the zipper from our newest cleaners lounge member Muscle Truck he just registered today.

zipper review
Zipper Wand Floater/Loaner - Page 7 Empty by muscletruck Today at 8:44
=c0bad2d079e4bcd3b829d84516ea9db3&cvf[1]=dbf328f9f89d93d41cf5fd54080c5840&eval=plus&p_vote=6955]+
----
=62d296cfc6c5ef0dc97e05a8231ee8d5&cvf[1]=a45ca5dc01d5cdfb7d887541b3adb987&eval=minus&p_vote=6955]-
Joe set me up trying the smaller zipper the unit is very well built very attractive to the client I'm a 35 year veteran to cleaning carpet and have used a titanium wand pretty much my whole life I think the zipper has a use in a commercial setting over residential for me if the unit had an adjustable handle for tight areas it would be very use able not here to bash anybody products just an honest opinion I'm new to board and am liking it

muscletruckMember
Zipper Wand Floater/Loaner - Page 7 Default2

Zipper Wand Floater/Loaner - Page 7 Icon_user_profile Zipper Wand Floater/Loaner - Page 7 Icon_p10Zipper Wand Floater/Loaner - Page 7 Icon_contact_email
Zipper Wand Floater/Loaner - Page 7 Empty
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Mo Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:25 pm

Let's keep the program going for my boys Davey and DP in Cali

Next time you use the cleaners lounge floater program try and and send it to cleaners lounge members.

Next time you don't want cleaners to give their evaluations till the end make sure you don't give yours.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:13 pm

Thank you Mo, honestly I'm really really hoping that the reviews are written by the reviewers themselves, not copied by another member, no offense Mo.

And regarding Joe, with all due respect Mr. Bristor, it doesn't look like you're providing a non bias and fair review either sir, so I'm going to ask you respectfully to shut up for a couple days and let these reviewers come out and type their reviews.

I'm also still waiting for Erik to respond and so far it doesn't look good because if it takes this long to answer questions on the board, I wonder how long will it take to get support on the field.

I'm trying to be fair to everyone and not bias in any way, so if I offend anyone in the process, I apologize.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:23 pm

DP that review was written by our newest member (he just registered today) on a different thread. I just wanted to make sure it was in this thread because he was part of the loaner program. Click on the link and you'll see. I agree with you I think its more credible when the participants submit his own review. Anything else is hearsay.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:29 pm

So Joe how many reviews are needed in order for the program to be considered a healthy evaluation? How many reviews do you have to this point.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:31 pm

Mike W needs to be deleted because his is not apart of the loaner review program.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:43 pm

I think I've seen Mike W's review on both the 13" & 15", he's the guy who have both I think ?
I'm actually ok with any reviews as long as it's non bias ones, but if you guys think it should be strictly from the floaters program, then so be it :-)
I think a healthy evaluation should be about 10 or more NON bias reviews, my definition of non bias reviews are there should be at least one or more minor thing that they don't like about it, let's face it, even though you have a 50k truckmount out there, there's gotta be one or more things you don't like about it.
I just got a pmf titanium from Joe a month and a half ago ( the smaller 1,5" one ) so it's not the joe built one, and as light as it is, the pmf soft touch valve sucks big time. <<< just an example of my definition of non bias review :-)
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:57 pm

Muscle Man would you mind posting your review on the Zipper on this thread. Everybody that was involved on the Zipper Floater program will be posting there reviews here thanks.

I want to make sure Muscle Man's input is posted here because he was the only non member to test the Zipper that actually registered on the forum and posted a review.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TimM Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Joe Bristor wrote:

Hopefully, you guys can see now what I've been saying all along: to be fair, we must refrain from reviews until all the Reviewers are done, lest the + guys will be seen as biased and the - guys won't even show up except under pressure for fear of retaliation, shame or whatever.  

I think we must keep it all quiet til the last test is handed in.  I never want any Reviewer to feel like he's 'bashing' anything. We asked for his opinion. Positive or negative, the Reviewers should feel free to state their findings. If it's positive, great. If it's negative, great. Chances are you're not alone in your opinion.  

Last fall I had the opportunity to demo a Hoss for a few weeks. Doug AKA Floor Guy had it before me and he told me he did not want to tell me what he thought of it because he wanted me to make my own decisions and opinion of how it worked. it allowed me to try it out and form my own opinion and after I used it, we both talked about what we liked and disliked. I think that is how a loaner program should be. Let the user form there own opinion and not be swayed by what someone said.
TimM
TimM
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://magaw.org/PriceIsRightCarpetCleaning/

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:13 pm

TimM wrote:
Joe Bristor wrote:

Hopefully, you guys can see now what I've been saying all along: to be fair, we must refrain from reviews until all the Reviewers are done, lest the + guys will be seen as biased and the - guys won't even show up except under pressure for fear of retaliation, shame or whatever.  

I think we must keep it all quiet til the last test is handed in.  I never want any Reviewer to feel like he's 'bashing' anything. We asked for his opinion. Positive or negative, the Reviewers should feel free to state their findings. If it's positive, great. If it's negative, great. Chances are you're not alone in your opinion.  

Last fall I had the opportunity to demo a Hoss for a few weeks. Doug AKA Floor Guy had it before me and he told me he did not want to tell me what he thought of it because he wanted me to make my own decisions and opinion of how it worked. it allowed me to try it out and form my own opinion and after I used it, we both talked about what we liked and disliked. I think that is how a loaner program should be. Let the user form there own opinion and not be swayed by what someone said.

I completely agree !
Also it's been 2 days since I asked my first question and still no answer from mr. Hiltz :-)
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:47 am

I completely disagree that all cleaners are easily influenced by some ones elses review of a product. But I guess some are and Joe has a right to run his loaner program that way he see fit.

DP I doubt that Eric will come back and answer your questions or respond to these reviews and it's a shame because the cleaners lounge members had nothing to do with Joe's blow up with his former partner in the program.

I will make sure to go by his booth today see if I can get some questions answered.

Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by muscletruck Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:40 am

I guess I posted on wrong thread I'm knew to this lounge so bear with me I've been cleaning carpets for over 30 years I tried 13 inch zipper just wasn't for me very nice looking unit well built my opinion is for a lot of wide open commercial carpet it would have its place I've used a titanium all my life just to use to it the zipper skipped around on barber carpet the handle just to long in residential situations but once again very well built unit and for some guys it will be a good fit

muscletruck

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:01 pm

Thanks Muscle Man. Out the 10 or so non members that Joe sent the tool to you were the only one to bother to register place a review here. It's much appreciated.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:54 pm

Mo, it's not muscle man, it's muscle truck, lmao  lol! 
Anyway muscle truck thanks for your review but from the other reviewers info I thought the handle was adjustable ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:45 pm

dp1 wrote:Mo, it's not muscle man, it's muscle truck, lmao  lol! 
Anyway muscle truck thanks for your review but from the other reviewers info I thought the handle was adjustable ?

The handle was not adjustable, but supposedly the newest version will be. The wheels were adjustable to add or subract the height of the rear glide to change the rake of the head...kind of like a drag car.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:12 pm

Thanks for the info Rob, I'm wondering if the newest version is the one for sale now ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:15 am

Well, I am disappointed the "free 30 day trial", isn't in fact what I would consider free at all? Rolling Eyes So I'm definitely out on the so called free trial deal with you, DP!...sorry I'm not going to fork out a ton of cash for a 'free trial'.  laughing 

I would also like to see some reviews from actual Zipper purchasers, I need more convincing as I'm not going to spend $2500 on a tool I haven't tried, let alone even seen before!!  laughing  Because at this point I'm not real sure I'll ever get to try it on the loaner program since the status of that seems a bit fuzzy to me.

I read threw the last couple pages of this thread and didn't see any post from, Erik?.....maybe I missed it, but I thought he was trying to sell, help, and support this?

So, Erik how bout you provide us with some reviews from purchasers of the Zipper other than those on this forum?

And I'm just reading for that first time about making the Zipper less expensive by using cheaper parts??.........what's the deal with that?!?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:36 am

Erik has it price below 2k now on various sources. I don't know if they have the new changes or not, though. My guess is that Erik has closed his mind to this board and will not be answering any more questions that originate here.

You could try him direct or even off ebay where he has them listed for that lower price.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by dp1 Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:04 am

One of the reason why I'm still in business through recession is I don't buy tools I don't need and I'm always careful in my spending, and I learned through this forum and last ( realcleaners ) more and more about the suppliers greed, now some people may jump all over at much lower priced zipper ( if it comes down to that ) but if I can't see and compare with my own eyes the expensive version and the cheaper version, there's no way I would drop a thousand bucks on something that I'm not sure will work good, increase productivity, make my life easier, last a while and not breaking down every couple weeks, like my blueline thermalwave II a few years back, but that's just me and my opinion.
I agree with Davey, purchasers testimonials would be helpful, especially considering we can fetch the after sales service experience, however how do we know they're the real deal and not some family or friends ? Sorry Erik, I'm just stating the truth here, I'm interested in finding out more about your product but it seems like it doesn't get any easier, if it keeps going to the same direction I might just let my interest go and wait 'til I try the floater and even then if after sales service is still questionable, I don't think I will pull the trigger.

dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:07 am

You popped the cherry on this program Joe when you blew it up by blasting Eric on this forum and they you popped the cherry again when you gave your opinion of the Zipper.

It blows my mind that you continue to insist that guys not give their evaluation when you continue to paraphrased the evaluations of multiple cleaners across the US and Canada that weren't members most of which are negative by the way.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next