Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Zipper Wand Floater/Loaner

+18
kleen1
Eric Valentine
Pro Touch
William Simpson
dp1
Larry Henson
Erik
Ryan S
MikeW
Davey Cracker
Mo
Fuzzsucker
Bill Soukoreff
Luis Gomez
milspec6
johntalley
CleanTech
Joe Bristor
22 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Zipper Wand Floater/Loaner - Page 8 Empty Re: Zipper Wand Floater/Loaner

Post by milspec6 Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:57 am

I am a sucker for feedback tools, adding that temp gauge is a good addition to the Zipper Joe. It not only provides feedback, but it relocates the solution line location to a better position. It still looks like it might be stressing the line a little for long-term reliability, but at least the cleaner isn't dodging a hot hose. I still think a small pressure gauge is something that would be valuable on tools in the future....gives you a heads up when the pump is getting weak, kinked hose, and lets you know where you really are at when you are 300 feet from the machine. Mabye that is just me?

This is a good tool for the right person, but unless you drive one you would not know if you are that right person. If it could be marketed around the $1000 mark, it would be a far stronger seller that would rival the best wands. Just don't know how one would build it to meet that price without sacrificing the quality greatly, but that isn't my area of experience.

I suspect that there will be many sold in Vegas, some of which will be on the used market as a result. There might be a bargain out there in your areas.

milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CleanTech Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:42 am

lol been busy guys... anyway here is some info

15"
Like everyone else once it arrived I was impressed with its (current) build quality. I think its the perfect weight for cleaning. Not too light.

Residential:
I dont really care for wands so using it in residential setting was easy to get the hang of. I found it much easier on the body over all compared to a wand.  Dry times are much faster as well.  No problems for me cleaning in tight areas and even getting into closets.  Super small packed rooms had the same problem as regular wands regardless of width.
It was the first thing I brought into the house and I would say 50% of my clients commented on it.  
The tool sure can lay flat allowing you to really get under furniture and beds! huge plus.  
It just plain out cleans the wand.

Commercial:
here is where it gets interesting.
I used it on quarterly places where I normally cimex or OP
Easily cut that time in half with better results.  (and I love vlm)
Did a shoe store that has tons and tons of isles and cross isles.  I would never think of using a rotary extractor in that situation but with the zipp being able to clean going down the isle, reach the end and walk to the tool back to the start of the next isle was GREAT.
The shoe store would take 3.5 hours with cimex, with zip 1.2 hours.....

I did have 2 stores that had terrible chatter(thankfully just in certain areas) which I could not fix. Either changing the tool height or cleaning from a different direction.
For No agitation it sure can clean amazing. Does it out clean rotary... I would have to say an honest no.
If you pre-scrub then probably but in my case where I already have a rotary extractor why would I do a 2 steps process and waste time?
Which is easier on the body? When you watch my videos take notice of who is moving around more.  On the versus video I (running rx) basically do a little bit of movement and let the machine heal and toe it. Where as my dad running the zip is doing allot more moving around.  

I would like to see a much longer sight tube window personally.

I truly loved the tool, price point is definitely in a nicer area now.  I want one, just not sure where this tools falls with all the other gear I  want....

CleanTech
CleanTech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by milspec6 Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:14 am

That review appears right on the money to me. Long aisles like that or in church / hotel would be very efficient for the Zipper...it was the ideal jobs for the Steamin Demon.

I am starting to wonder more about that chatter? The only way that I was able to correct it was by adjusting the rear wheels to the point where the rear glide was rendered almost useless. Of course, then you are defeating the benefit of the second glide for drying. I just don't see why a second holed glide would make any difference.

Not that it would easy, but I wonder if the rear glide rode on a spring to allow it to self-adjust to the floor, would it be the way to go? Just like the rx-20 can self-adjust to floor conditions, it would allow the zipper to also self-adjust...that would sure solve the chatter.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by CleanTech Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:53 am

If I didn't already have a rotary extractor It would be at the top

another thing.
You should have a decent sized tm and large sized recovery tanks or apo.

where this thing shines is high flow imo. Sure has more impact then my wand and both have near the same flow

IF you have neither a good pre-scrub would be mandatory.

Heck you could even just get John G's machine to use to pre scrub and then also have a top-notch vlm machine
CleanTech
CleanTech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:43 pm

CleanTech wrote:lol been busy guys... anyway here is some info

15"
Like everyone else once it arrived I was impressed with its (current) build quality. I think its the perfect weight for cleaning. Not too light.

Residential:
I dont really care for wands so using it in residential setting was easy to get the hang of. I found it much easier on the body over all compared to a wand.  Dry times are much faster as well.  No problems for me cleaning in tight areas and even getting into closets.  Super small packed rooms had the same problem as regular wands regardless of width.
It was the first thing I brought into the house and I would say 50% of my clients commented on it.  
The tool sure can lay flat allowing you to really get under furniture and beds! huge plus.  
It just plain out cleans the wand.

Commercial:
here is where it gets interesting.
I used it on quarterly places where I normally cimex or OP
Easily cut that time in half with better results.  (and I love vlm)
Did a shoe store that has tons and tons of isles and cross isles.  I would never think of using a rotary extractor in that situation but with the zipp being able to clean going down the isle, reach the end and walk to the tool back to the start of the next isle was GREAT.
The shoe store would take 3.5 hours with cimex, with zip 1.2 hours.....

I did have 2 stores that had terrible chatter(thankfully just in certain areas) which I could not fix. Either changing the tool height or cleaning from a different direction.
For No agitation it sure can clean amazing. Does it out clean rotary... I would have to say an honest no.
If you pre-scrub then probably but in my case where I already have a rotary extractor why would I do a 2 steps process and waste time?
Which is easier on the body? When you watch my videos take notice of who is moving around more.  On the versus video I (running rx) basically do a little bit of movement and let the machine heal and toe it. Where as my dad running the zip is doing allot more moving around.  

I would like to see a much longer sight tube window personally.

I truly loved the tool, price point is definitely in a nicer area now.  I want one, just not sure where this tools falls with all the other gear I  want....

Thank you for the review Dustin, that's a HUGE time savings, very impressive.
Robert, did you feel that time savings when you did the 20,000 sq ft carpets ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by CleanTech Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:09 pm

Two videos are up in the video section ... just fyi
CleanTech
CleanTech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:16 pm

Time savings? Not very much actually.

Part of that result was due to loss time trying to rid the chatter and being obsessed with dry times by searching for wet pockets where the floors have dips. In some areas, it was faster than the wand and I would say faster than the rx-20 in all areas.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:04 am

CleanTech wrote:Two videos are up in the video section ... just fyi

I added the videos to your review here too Dustin
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:34 pm

Erick, here are a few questions that have been posted for ya to field. Please take the time to read and give us some feed back on where your going with this.

I'm wondering if the newest version is the one for sale now ?

how do we know they're the real deal and not some family or friends ? Sorry Erik, I'm just stating the truth here, I'm interested in finding out more about your product but it seems like it doesn't get any easier

I am starting to wonder more about that chatter? The only way that I was able to correct it was by adjusting the rear wheels to the point where the rear glide was rendered almost useless. Of course, then you are defeating the benefit of the second glide for drying. I just don't see why a second holed glide would make any difference.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:38 pm

More questions for ya Erick.

I saw in MB some people bought it at higher price than the listed price now by a couple hundred dollars, even though Joe already mentioned that it was built with quality parts, Erik mentioned lower production cost or something like that motivated the price drop, what kind of production costs lowered ?
I'm sure some potential customers want to make sure that lower production cost does not equal to lower quality parts.

I'm also still waiting for Erik to respond and so far it doesn't look good because if it takes this long to answer questions on the board, I wonder how long will it take to get support on the field.

Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:45 pm

I talked to Eric at the show and I don't think he's not coming back on the forum even though there's guys with questions here???

I asked why the price drop he said because he couldn't compete with the rotary extractors on the market.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:20 pm

Mo wrote:I talked to Eric at the show and I don't think he's not coming back on the forum even though there's guys with questions here???

I asked why the price drop he said because he couldn't compete with the rotary extractors on the market.

So for the record, Erick is not going to engage in the day to day development of his product and interaction with potential clients? Unless it's on the playing field of his choice?
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:24 pm

More questions

A couple of questions I have about how this went down that should be answered. Which was the cause of the harsh commentary from the developer of the floater research program.

First, Bill, I follow your postings and have a great deal of respect for you and the knowledgable information you share. It is obvious that you are a veteran in the trade, and us young bucks can draw some valuable knowledge.

1. Was Joe consulted about revealing the gathered feed back/research from the users of the zipper before the program ended? If so why was that decision made with out his approval?

2. Isn't it only correct to allow the director of the floater program to decide when the time is to make all feed back public?

3. Is there information that is being held back as to why Joe was not involved in the diversion, if that be the case?

4. Is this an effort to get the gathered information out early as to help Eric move the Zipper at a quicker pace?

5. Is it fair to ANY promoter of a program on this board to have their rules and guidelines usurped with out consulting them first by ANY member on this board?

6. Is it ok if I have more Q?

Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:24 pm

I tried to get him back here.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:30 pm

Wonder why he won't come here and support his product? The questions I posted where from several members on the forum.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:48 pm

Mo wrote:I talked to Eric at the show and I don't think he's not coming back on the forum even though there's guys with questions here???

From what I understand, Eric built this wand for himself from the start. Like the rest of us would have, it was over-built for that purpose. It would have been built to fit Eric's size and cleaning style and to fit his business model. Attempting to market that result to a population of cleaners that all have different needs will result in the problems that we have come to see (price, chatter handle length for examples).

All of the above is understandable to me, and I think price and chatter fix is going to be the secret to success for this tool, but to ignore the questions from potential customers is something that I don't understand. If a few tweaks here and there can make this wand a huge success, why miss that chance? Wasn't that the point of having a floater program in the first place? To work out the issues from field usage?

Eric, if was you, I would be reading every comment made regarding your wand regardless of what board it was posted on. Anyone that can build a tool like that, is no fool, so I suspect that you are reading these posts and choosing to be silent which I cannot understand. If you can't get along with Joe, that is between you and him, this is not his board, but those guys asking questions ARE your customers.

I hope you change your mind and come back to field the questions. You have a quality tool, you just need to find that old passion that motivated you to build it in the first place and finish the job at making it the best wand on the market.

How about it?

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:21 pm

Erick, here are a few questions that have been posted for ya to field. Please take the time to read and give us some feed back on where your going with this.

I'm wondering if the newest version is the one for sale now ?

Yes

how do we know they're the real deal and not some family or friends ? Sorry Erik, I'm just stating the truth here, I'm interested in finding out more about your product but it seems like it doesn't get any easier

I’m not sure what you are asking here. It sounds like you are implying that my friends and/or family members are making Zippers? If so, I can ensure you that you are getting an original Zipper.

If you adjust your rear glide too high, you will render both vacuum ports virtually useless. The only carpets the Zipper will chatter on are cheap olefin cgd. The hole glide will not chatter in this situation because the very short fibers of the carpet will not grab the hole in the glide as it would the sharper edge on the slot glide.  If you go to www.zipperwand.com & view the Zipper Operation & Maintenance video- it will explain how to properly adjust the height and change the glides.

I saw in MB some people bought it at higher price than the listed price now by a couple hundred dollars, even though Joe already mentioned that it was built with quality parts, Erik mentioned lower production cost or something like that motivated the price drop, what kind of production costs lowered ?I'm sure some potential customers want to make sure that lower production cost does not equal to lower quality parts.

I will NEVER sacrifice the quality of my product/parts for a lower production cost. I’m just looking into a few ways to cut my production cost, not the quality. The Zipper is made with top quality parts and will continue to be made this way.

I'm also still waiting for Erik to respond and so far it doesn't look good because if it takes this long to answer questions on the board, I wonder how long will it take to get support on the field.

I also run a carpet cleaning business and only go on the boards in my free time, which isn’t much. You can call me anytime at the office (734) 675-8440 or feel free to email me (erik@zipperwand.com).  I have my cell phone on me at all times and check my email very frequently. We have great customer support and are always happy to answer anyone’s questions or concerns.

The unit you are using is part of Joe’s Floater program. (which I am no longer supporting)  He purchased the two floaters at my cost and has already sold one of the floaters. Joe didn’t want me involved with his program. If he didn’t publicly attack my personal character, as he does to so many, I would still support him and the program. But, with him being a prominent member of this board, I will not be involved in any way. But, please feel free to call me with any question about the Zipper.

MO- It was nice meeting you at the Trade Show. I’m sorry you had to get involved in any of this. You are correct, I did tell you that it’s hard to compete with the price of a rotary extractor, due to the high cost of machining many parts of the unit.  You also told me that Joe Bristor plans to take the Zipper to China to have it manufactured and that is the truth and shows Joe’s true character.

I really appreciate everyone’s feedback, both negative and positive. If you have any more questions,  call or visit our website.
Erik
Erik

http://www.zipperwand.com; www.allaroundcarpetcare.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:34 pm

Still a few more Q Erick. Please don't pick and choose. These questions are for the cleaning public not for phone calls and emails. It's to help all who may search for these answers. Going off your reasoning being a busy carpet cleaner you would understand why your potential clients have asked Q on a forum rather that phone calls. Come one man, just invest in your products. Who cares about the side show.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:39 pm

I never told he was taking it to China?? This is getting crazy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ryan S Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:03 pm

Mo wrote:I never told he was taking it to China?? This is getting crazy

Hey Mike W, you see what I'm talking about, more damage control. My hope is you choose to take a more consistent presents here. Your a respectable guy, with some good input. You do need to understand that at this early stage of the forum, there are those that wish for us the implode. Some of these post I doubt are from the so call author.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeW Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:27 pm

I understand and I would like to see this forum succeed. Nobody asked me to give a positive zipper review. It was completely honest and how I feel. I love it for commercial carpets. I'm not a rotary guy. I've owned the rx 20 mytee spin master and the hoss 700 and sold them all. I'll continue to offer my options and help where I can. But when I do take a break from the boards from time to time it's nothing personal.
MikeW
MikeW
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.PaylessSteamCleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:25 pm

"You also told me that Joe Bristor plans to take the Zipper to China to have it manufactured and that is the truth and shows Joe’s true character."

Could you prove this with a solid concrete proof ? If not I call this a crap shoot, why ? Because you have a patent on the wand, Joe may be a jerk and not afraid expressing his opinion of any supplier / manufacturer, but I believe he's not stupid to copy the zipper's design and have china manufacture them.
Eric, you have every right to defend yourself and your product, but when you make false accusations in the process, that does not and will not help your case, I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt all these times until I see this, this shows your true character and that stops my interests in your product, you just lost one potential customer sir.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:53 pm

dp1 wrote:"You also told me that Joe Bristor plans to take the Zipper to China to have it manufactured and that is the truth and shows Joe’s true character."

Could you prove this with a solid concrete proof ? If not I call this a crap shoot, why ? Because you have a patent on the wand, Joe may be a jerk and not afraid expressing his opinion of any supplier / manufacturer, but I believe he's not stupid to copy the zipper's design and have china manufacture them.
Eric, you have every right to defend yourself and your product, but when you make false accusations in the process, that does not and will not help your case, I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt all these times until I see this, this shows your true character and that stops my interests in your product, you just lost one potential customer sir.

+1,000!!!

This has really become a mess, and honestly I've lost all interest in purchasing a Zipper.

I'm amazed Erik finally showed up but only selectively answered a few questions. Pretty douchey I'd say....and then this bit about China!?  confused 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next